Would you like Killer Instinct ported to PC? MGS wants to know...

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/10/mic...ty-opinions-on-porting-killer-instinct-to-pc/
Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Isgreen recently took to the official Killer Instinct forums to consolidate a number of threads centered around discussion of a possible PC port, even going as far to put together a poll to gauge the community’s reception to the idea.

Poll is here; the official KI forums(Must register to vote and post):
http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=299.msg84797#msg84797
The choices are:
What's your interest in a PC version of KI? Assume cross-play is supported.

I already own KI for Xbox One, but would love the option to play it on PC.
I don't own KI or an Xbox One, but would buy KI on PC if it was available!
I own KI on Xbox One, and don't think a PC version is a good idea (reasoning in post)
I have no interest in KI, but it should be on PC anyway.
I'm indifferent. Put it on PC... or not.

Voting closes: January 09, 2015, 11:40:01 AM

I'm down for 1080p KI. And cross-play assumed, thats an interesting statement. Something to do with the SF5 announcement? Steamworks? No way they would try to resurrect GFWL or something..... I'm just speculating......

Sure, I'm down. The new KI game isn't amazing, but it's still pretty good. If they packed up all of the content they broke into seasons into a single nice package it could work.

I'd buy it if it were a full game, no DLC BS afterwards. All content 100% included.

Every single game published by Microsoft Studios should come to PC, simple as that.

Microsoft is a rarity in that it doesn't want to support its own platform.

Yeah .. sure Microsoft.

PC is not Microsoft's gaming platform. They may have created it, but they don't really benefit from it existing. It's like a turd that clogs your toilet: you created it, but it stinks and won't go away, and it steals gross revenue from your other investments... Wait.. That last point may not work...

More choice is always better. I strongly disagree with the viewpoint that any game should not be available or released.

If a game is released those that do not want it have the choice to not buy it. If a game is not released those that do want it do not have the choice of buying it.

Only if their is cross platform play. If there isn't then no. The Xbox One needs a solid fighting game at the competitive level.

PC is not Microsoft's gaming platform. They may have created it, but they don't really benefit from it existing. It's like a turd that clogs your toilet: you created it, but it stinks and won't go away, and it steals gross revenue from your other investments... Wait.. That last point may not work...

Then why do they insist on placing new versions of DirectX behind the windows paywall? Because they directly benefit from it existing. And they would do well to embrace Windows gaming -- they can continue to sit there smugly and complacent feeling they have a desktop monopoly but one day it may well bite them in the ass. And then they'll wait until its too late and some competitor comes along (maybe that'll be Steambox/SteamOS, maybe something else), and watch yet another market pull away from them because they're too slow to react.

Let's face it they've been half-assing and sabotaging Windows gaming since the first Xbox. And its both sad and ironic that SONY is the one less hostile to Windows gaming - for example Street Fighter V coming to PS4 and PC, while a game like Rise of the Tomb Raider will be Xbone-only and Microsoft even paid extra to keep it off Windows - its own fucking platform.

Last edited:
Why not... It`s not like the port is not dead easy to make between Xbox One and PC.

More news on Microsoft's push back into PC gaming.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/41892...ws-10-gaming-initiative-next-month/index.html

Microsoft used to be a fairly hefty player in the PC gaming market. They should be supporting their own platform.
I just killed some brain cells by reading this moronic analogy.

There are over a Billion PC's running Windows. Why would Microsoft not want to target that install base with their new integrated store? Considering Windows 10 is going to run superior on Vista era hardware than Vista did, there are a lot of customers that can be upgraded from that point through Windows 8.1.

Last edited:
Phil Spencer has made a few comments about wanting MS to focus more on PC gaming and making GFWL better...

I'd buy it on sale, but no way I'd pay $60, and no fucking way I'm getting caught in their web of dlc. We've already got injustice, mortal combat x, and sf5, already here or on the way, and those games are all superior to KI IMO.

More news on Microsoft's push back into PC gaming.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/41892...ws-10-gaming-initiative-next-month/index.html

Microsoft used to be a fairly hefty player in the PC gaming market. They should be supporting their own platform.
I just killed some brain cells by reading this moronic analogy.

There are over a Billion PC's running Windows. Why would Microsoft not want to target that install base with their new integrated store? Considering Windows 10 is going to run superior on Vista era hardware than Vista did, there are a lot of customers that can be upgraded from that point through Windows 8.1.

If a billion people gave you $0.0, you would still have $0.0. Microsoft want the windows store to thrive, but no 'core' PC games are going to be released on that platform. Unless [H] starts benchmarking Fruit Ninja, 'PC gaming' as you an I know it is a thorn in M$'s side.

I'd buy it on sale, but no way I'd pay $60, and no fucking way I'm getting caught in their web of dlc. We've already got injustice, mortal combat x, and sf5, already here or on the way, and those games are all superior to KI IMO.

Are you even aware of KI's business model?

I'm all for having the new Killer Instinct on PC as long as it is a good port. I doubt they will give me a DRM free copy and offer Linux support but who knows.

If a billion people gave you $0.0, you would still have $0.0. Microsoft want the windows store to thrive, but no 'core' PC games are going to be released on that platform. Unless [H] starts benchmarking Fruit Ninja, 'PC gaming' as you an I know it is a thorn in M$'s side.
Yes, that's true. Conversely, Windows is also the only feasible operating system for people who seriously game. If all three platforms supported gaming equally, a lot more people might consider Mac or even Linux. Keeping PC gamers on Windows at least ensures they have Windows (and thus access to the Store) at all.

Yes, that's true. Conversely, Windows is also the only feasible operating system for people who seriously game. If all three platforms supported gaming equally, a lot more people might consider Mac or even Linux. Keeping PC gamers on Windows at least ensures they have Windows (and thus access to the Store) at all.

I agree wholeheartedly, and Microsoft would say that PC gaming is their First Priority™ also, but actions speak louder than words.

I agree wholeheartedly, and Microsoft would say that PC gaming is their First Priority™ also, but actions speak louder than words.
I totally can understand their preference for the XboxOne, from a business standpoint. They take a licensing fee from every game sold on that console, and that's a lot of money. I don't ever expect to see simultaneous releases for their exclusive titles on both PC and on XboxOne, that would cut into their Xbox profits too much. But it doesn't really make sense to treat PC as badly as they have. Killer Instinct has been out for a while on Xbox, they're not going to lose any customers by bringing it out on PC now. They stand only to gain, as far as I can see it.

I know you're not arguing that, and I'm not holding my breath for them to make a smart decision here. Still, it's hopeful that at least someone there is asking the question.

People who seriously game don't do it on the PC, they do it on a console.

Like it or not the PC is a nightmare. You can only ever use a fraction of the power of the hardware, and multiple configurations are a pain. Which means that the PC has held consoles back vastly more than consoles have held the PC back. Toss in dealing with a computer, and end users don't like it either.

MS Office and familiarity with windows is why the PC sells, gaming has nothing to fucking do with it.

Hardcore PC gaming is tiny, it's a fraction of the greater gaming community. Casual PC gaming is huge, but so is casual cell phone gaming... that's what PC gaming is to most people. Markets rule! And the free market has spoken against the PC, as a red blooded capitalist I side with the market.

That all said, Killer Instinct is a joke of a fighter. It's on the level of Mortal Kombat and Smash, why the fuck would we want it? Farmville takes more skill.

The newest leak of Windows 10 includes an Xbox Live app built in. I would expect that moving forward with DX12 and their platform unified Windows kernel, developers publishing to Live can select what platform to sell games on easier than ever.

1) Develop a game on the Windows unified kernel with DX12. 2) Upload to Live and select what platform to sell the game on. 3) Profit

I continue to believe that Microsoft will push back into the PC gaming segment.

Like it or not the PC is a nightmare. You can only ever use a fraction of the power of the hardware, and multiple configurations are a pain. Which means that the PC has held consoles back vastly more than consoles have held the PC back. Toss in dealing with a computer, and end users don't like it either.

MS Office and familiarity with windows is why the PC sells, gaming has nothing to fucking do with it.

Hardcore PC gaming is tiny, it's a fraction of the greater gaming community. Casual PC gaming is huge, but so is casual cell phone gaming... that's what PC gaming is to most people. Markets rule! And the free market has spoken against the PC, as a red blooded capitalist I side with the market.

That all said, Killer Instinct is a joke of a fighter. It's on the level of Mortal Kombat and Smash, why the fuck would we want it? Farmville takes more skill.

Mortal Kombat and SSB are totally different... And SSB takes considerable skill...

Your posts are becoming more delusional with each passing month. Serious gamers only play on consoles?! You are smoking some serious hardcore crack if you honestly believe that rubbish. Meanwhile in reality:

(1) just about every previously exclusive hardcore console IP is now making its way to PC;

(2) AAA publishers generate hundreds of millions in revenue from PC sales;

(3) Steam now has an active user base of 100 MILLION unique users which will continue grow thanks in part to the persistent nature of the PC platform.

And I laugh fucking hard every time you parrot that inane claim that PC holds consoles back, unbelievable!

I second that, i mainly use my PC to play games.. and i want the best possible version i can get. Money is of a secondary concern.

So to bring up consoles.. when we all know whats inside them.. and have the ports.. ??!?

so what if my port need 4x the hardware? would i love it to be different? sure.. more mantle or DX12 please..

But! i would never consider 900p and 30fps to be better..

not when i compare it to 4k & Gsync.. (damned be the costs) first world issues :)

tldr: yes please.. better software on my PC! and MS come on!

I used to say that PC was better for all games except in a case where a controller is better than KB&M (Sports games, etc). Now that's not an issues since Xbox controllers are PnP with Windows.

Having native 360 pad support is one of the best things that ever happened to PC gaming. Now literally every genre of game can be played effectively using a unified button/analog layout, too.
Short of FPS games I play literally every other type of game using a pad now...and it works great.

Could not agree more, Xbox 360 gamepad for president! - Ironically - according to me - this is the best Microsoft have done for PC gaming over the last 5 years..

Back