Would you join the ‘digital Blackwater’ ?

What do you imagine their tasks could be? Mainly as a force to do government backed hacking or for just IDS stuff

I can't see that being overly productive. Any slightly unorthodox methods used by these people would raise all sorts of alarms for the government services that would obviously be monitoring their every move.

Another private contractor that will cost more than the government version and have less accountability? No thanks. :rolleyes:

That should probably be in soapbox too... :p

I can't see that being overly productive. Any slightly unorthodox methods used by these people would raise all sorts of alarms for the government services that would obviously be monitoring their every move.

Or it could be worth a lot of money to the government to have someone else use the slightly unorthodox methods the government wants to use but doesn't want to get caught using themself.

Hey All.. just wanted you to know that rocket733 is a swindler. He hangs out on kids gaming sites and takes virtual stuff from 12 year olds. He makes them cry and then offers to give their stuff back if they give more of their stuff to him. Nice. I guess taking candy from a baby is about his speed.

Stop spamming our site with your problems. Take it elsewhere.

Did he really say a digital Blackwater like that would be a good thing? Has he forgotten that Blackwater had such a bad rep for shooting innocent civilians and arms smuggling that they've had to change their name?

Did he really say a digital Blackwater like that would be a good thing? Has he forgotten that Blackwater had such a bad rep for shooting innocent civilians and arms smuggling that they've had to change their name?

Technically Blackwater is still Blackwater, "Xe" is just their new brand of PSD.

Back on topic, yes and no.

Yes: As a security researcher / pentester the ultimate wet dream would be to attack any target you wanted with a US government backed get out of jail free card. Also you would be on the front edge of development and deployment of new security tools and technologies which are only offered to US gov agencies, so lets of toys to play with, not to mention you would be in a nice cushy government contract backed salary, so you would be looking at making $100,000+ right out of the gate.

No: I don't want to be hired to spy on US citizens flagged by the patriot act. I don't want to spend my entire day playing digital cat and mouse with China, the Russian Mob, and any terror cell with a copy of backtrack and an IRC channel. I don't want to throw away my personal morals because an assignment has been dropped on my desk and I am expected to do it no questions asked. And most of all, I do not want to be a part of a system that I am very much against. It is possible that this could be the one place that civilian contractors could do a better job then the government, but I don't really want another couple hundred million dollar a year experiment to find out.

Back