Would you ever use a wireless keyboard and mouse for Design?

Would you use wireless KB and Mouse for graphic design?

• No way, Wired only!

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Wireless Keyboard, Wired Mouse

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Wireless is the only way to go!

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • It doesnt even matter technically

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters
The only thing that's wired is my Wacom tablet. I've never had any problems using my Logitech bluetooth desktop for design work. I can't see how it would really matter.

Never use wireless keyboards or mice for design work! The radiation caused by Bluetooth units can cause irreversible damage to the so-called creativity gland! Or something...

Is there supposed to be a difference? The connectivity doesn't affect precision. The mouse itself does, and I'm sure by now there are high-precision wireless mice.

Response time, maybe, but that doesn't seem to be a big deal for design. Gaming, on the other hand, yes.

Less clutter with wireless but honestly most designers will just take whatever they can to design, since it's not the technology that makes design good, rather the skills of the designer.

I actually made my employer get me a wired mouse and kb for my AutoCAD drafting station. After holding a mouse in my had for 10-12 hrs/day, even a little less weight makes a big difference on the strain of my hand. I use a Logitech Mx518 at home where I do all my side work as well. Simply for me, I like the light weight aspect of a wired mouse and I also like never having to worry about batteries or making sure my mouse is being charged.

I'm running with a wireless keyboard and my wacom tablet right now. The horrible signal with the keyboard gets annoying at times, but it's only really noticeable in gaming not when I'm working on graphic stuff. Since...pretty much all I use the keyboard for are shortcuts for undo, save, etc. and to switch between tools.

But I <3 my Wacom tablet. I'm so attached to the thing I have to bring it with me when I go to work. ^^;

What sort of work do you use your tablet for? Which Wacom do you have? Got any pics?

Right now I'm just working part-time doing website images and fliers and whatever miscellaneous odd graphic-sy stuff they need me to do. So not too terribly precision intensive, but it makes things like selecting a specific area or removing a background from an image a lot easier simply because I'm used to it.

As for what tablet I have, I think it's the Graphire 3. Smallest size (I think 4x5), which is definitely nice as I carry it to and from work.

Though I use my tablet more for my own art rather than for work... I just can't go back to using a regular ol' mouse anymore. (And to top it off, my computer station at work has those generic dell ball mice. *shudder* )

I wouldnt see a keyboard making a difference. The mouse might, connectivity I dont see as an issue, more of battery power dying when your doing something critical. If I did I would get the G7 From logitec. I have the wired version, and being able to change the resolution on the fly makes it quite easy to switch from super sensitive to not for those fine touches.

Back