• Antec P180

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • Get a different one!! (Post it)

Votes: 12 10.6%

• Total voters

HighwayAssassins

Supreme [H]ardness
I think its time for a new case, but im torn:

Lian-Li V1000 - This case is UBER sexy, and has great reviews...I will have to loose some HDD racks because my Powersupply is too big, but there will be enough for the 3 HDDs i have.

Antec P180 - Very sexy, supposed to be quiet, but problems with powersupply not reaching mobo...I will look into that.

i go for lian li. i love the quality. not saying antec is not good quality. the look and feel of the lian li is pretty amazing. its sturdy and the way it was designed is great. i was gonna buy the antec 180 for my spare computer. but it cost too much, so i had to get a different case. i guess its kinda one sided since i dont have hands on with the antec. but i can tell you im satisfied with my lian li

Lian Li For the win!

After seeing a P-180 first hand, the bay cover door feels super flimsy. I felt like I got ripped off before I even considered buying it. Needless to say, I didnt.

Im torn between these two choices too. Only reason Im leaning toward the P180 is because in Canada it's about $9-+ cheaper than the V1000...

Well, I would suggest going somewhere that has them, and just opening the door a few times. Overall, it is a nice case. But once you feel that door, you will understand what happens to that plastic that holds a six pack of beer together. It is the same stuff that they make the hinge with :p

HighwayAssassins said:
those of you with the case...would you consider it a quiet case?

If you chose good quiet fans, then yes. there are a lot of good choices in 120mm fans that perform decently but are very quiet. I love my v1000.

having owned both i can tell you the LianLi is the better case by FAR.

IMnotfuckinghumbleO Lian Li looks like it was designed by an aesthetically retarded 12yr old. The p180 looks sweet, except for the gay spoiler-like fan mount on the top, had amaaazzzing cooling included, is quiet, light and cheap. Nuff said, tbh

ellover009 said:
I think those are ugly as hell...but i appreciate the responce
cool.gif

but the lian li is overpriced..i agree with that one.

Having just purchased a Coolermaster Wavemaster and a V1100 theres no comparison. While the Coolermaster is a decent case, it feels like a cheap computer show special next to the Lian Li.

The Lian Li is nearly silient out of the box, although it needs to be about an inch longer so that there is more room in the PSU area- With a nice power supply you really have to cram things in to get it to fit. My PCP&C 510watt barrely fits, and only after some coax-ing and shoving.

The V1000 is not over priced.

1. Aluminum is very expensive.
2. The quality of Lian Li cases.
3. >>Lian Li<<

finished a p180 build this weekend.

Buy a quality power supply and you won't have any cable length issues. It'll be a pain running some of them, but they'll be long enough.

I used a pc p&c 510, everything reached fine. It powers an fx-55, two 7800GTX, 6 raptors, a dvd-rw, a cd-rw, audigy 2 zs, and a floppy drive.

The case is still pretty quiet, even with all of that crap in there. I don't think I'd recommend to anybody who really wanted to put as many drives in as I did, though. Cable management at that point is a real pain in the rear.

Between the 2, the P180.

However, opening it up to the V1200 that will support an EATX mobo (and a decent/oversized PSU)...the 1200. But at that price, you might as well jump to a V2000...which I <3.

some built for quiet cases from lian-li in black or silver...

Lian-Li PC-V1100B Plus Aluminum Quiet Tower w/No PS (Black)...
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100170

Lian-Li PC-V1100 Plus Aluminum Quiet Tower w/No PS...
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100169

___

Lian-Li PC-6070 Plus Aluminum Ultra Quiet Case w/No PS...
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100744

Lian-Li PC-6070B Plus Aluminum Ultra Quiet Case w/No PS (Black)...
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100750

anthongy817 said:
i really don't like the lian li case look. if i were to get a case somewhat like that...i would get the silverstone..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811163039

but i just bought a p180 today..nice sleek case to go well with a metal/glass desk.

I have that case, black model though. It is a nice case. Wire management (hiding) has never been easier than it is in this bad boy. You can hide almost everything along the backside, and it has mad tiedown supports on the back. Not to mention the reversed motherboard and wind tunnel cooled my proc down an extra 6deg. on load. (8 idle)

One thing I hate on cases is a damn door. If I want something in my way, I want to put it there. The only door that I like on cases is the Hydraulic doors, like on directron.com. Unfortunately, airflow gets shot in those mid towers with the door open, but at least my kid isnt trying to play pitfall swinging off of it.

i am not that fond of the v1000, i like the older lian-li cases better, like the pc-60/70.

the comment about aluminum being very expensive is BS, for examplei bought 3 of these cases (http://www.dealsonic.com/skmssialatxm.html) which look almost just like a pc-60 and they are all aluminum with slide out mobo try (almost exactly the same as pc-60) and they are quite cheap, but great quality

Wally said:
IMnotfuckinghumbleO Lian Li looks like it was designed by an aesthetically retarded 12yr old. The p180 looks sweet, except for the gay spoiler-like fan mount on the top, had amaaazzzing cooling included, is quiet, light and cheap. Nuff said, tbh
Grow up.

The p180 build quality cant compare to a li-li if you ask me. Youll be sorry if you dont get it.

Back