Would you buy a PS3 now?

Would you buy a PS3 now?

• Yes

Votes: 84 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 53 38.7%

• Total voters
Balls, my PS3 just went RLOD on me tonight. Will try to bake it tomorrow and see what comes of it.

Is it worth waiting for any kind of xmas sales or do you guys think the price is pretty much what it is and I may as well just buy one now for ~$250 for 250GB + Last of Us from Amazon?

I just tried Dante's Inferno for the first time in three years on a bigger monitor that game is friggin awesome anyone who gave it a bad review is a idiot.

Balls, my PS3 just went RLOD on me tonight. Will try to bake it tomorrow and see what comes of it.

Is it worth waiting for any kind of xmas sales or do you guys think the price is pretty much what it is and I may as well just buy one now for ~$250 for 250GB + Last of Us from Amazon?

Uhm the price of that bundle 2 days ago was 199.99 but Amazon prices fluctuate so wait for it to go down if you can, unless you just need it at that price.

what's a fair price for a used even refurbished PS3?

I see prices all over the places on ebay and craigslist

edited to add that I don't really want a bundle. I really only want one so I can play Ni No Kuni and maybe Uncharted.

I should've kept my PS3 for the new games that are about to come out for it that aren't gonna be on the PS4..hopefully Sony will have their streaming for PS3 over PS4 ready. I probably won't be buying another PS3, maybe borrow my buddy's for the games I want to play.

Sold my PS3 2 years ago. Picked up the Black Friday bundle $199 amazon. Still a lot of games I never played.

Yes I would. I still need to play the last of us, beyond two soul, and uncharted 3!
Sold my PS3 earlier few years ago to pay bill :(

Yes! The PS3 is an amazing system. From the get-go, it was designed to do everything while the Xbox was more multi-media focused later. The Resistance series has been amazing as well as Infamous. Unless you want a PS4 or Xbox One to have one, the gaming value is with the outgoing systems. Also, unless you can't afford the extra cash, don't go with the 12GB model. 250GB or even 500GB models aren't that much more.

Decided to not bake it but use the heat gun method instead. Read that baking would melt some connectors unless you insulate them, seemed like too much work.

Stripped the PS3 down, ran the heat gun over the processors 30 seconds each at ~1 inch distance, same with the chips adjacent to the processors. Let it cool for 10 mins, flipped the board and did the same on the other side.

Put everything back together, RLOD gone, $200 saved, done and done.

Also, the local Fred Meyer has the 250 GB bundle with Last of Us in stock for $199.

Curiously enough my PS3 looks like an 80GB variant as far as the mobo is concerned, but it has a 40GB drive in it. Very bizarre.

Decided to not bake it but use the heat gun method instead. Read that baking would melt some connectors unless you insulate them, seemed like too much work.

Stripped the PS3 down, ran the heat gun over the processors 30 seconds each at ~1 inch distance, same with the chips adjacent to the processors. Let it cool for 10 mins, flipped the board and did the same on the other side.

Put everything back together, RLOD gone, $200 saved, done and done.

Also, the local Fred Meyer has the 250 GB bundle with Last of Us in stock for $199.

Curiously enough my PS3 looks like an 80GB variant as far as the mobo is concerned, but it has a 40GB drive in it. Very bizarre.

Heat guns are the shit are they not? :cool: I've fixed a few RROD's with one before , great stuff.

Heat guns are the shit are they not? :cool: I've fixed a few RROD's with one before , great stuff.

Unfortunately for me, I used a heatgun to try to fix the RROD on my 360, resulted in a cold solder under the CPU. Tried the heatgun 2 more times afterwards to fix, no dice.

Thankfully my PS3 arrived shortly after. : )

Yeah, I got so excited about getting that repair right that I went out and bought 9 PS3 games on eBay.

Uncharted 2, 3 (played 1 already)
Beyond Two Souls (still above $30 on ebay)
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Killzone 3
MGS 4
Last of Us

That should hold me over for a while.

Yeah, I got so excited about getting that repair right that I went out and bought 9 PS3 games on eBay.

Uncharted 2, 3 (played 1 already)
Beyond Two Souls (still above $30 on ebay)
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Killzone 3
MGS 4
Last of Us

That should hold me over for a while.

Great list!

I played Dark Souls on PC. After 400 hours on that. I bought a PS3 and Demon Souls.

I vote yes. Really don't have any other games besides Demon Souls but do I really need another? I think not.

I've been looking for a $99 PS3 console since the PS4 launched just to play GTAV and now we have multiplayer in Just Cause 2, guess that is over.

I did today and I downloaded Last of Us and played for about two hours and I'm loving it. I'm also about to go to bed but I kicked off the Ni No Kuni download so I can play tomorrow.

Last of Us is fantastic so far. With gift cards from Xmas it cost me $25 out of pocket with 1 year warranty.

I would not unless you already have a lot of PS3 games. Just get the PS4 now and you will get 4 or 5 years of uses out of it.

My consoles are always a generation behind, and I plan on picking up a PS3.

Still rockin my 60gb launch model. Only had to bake it once, over a year ago or so.

If it ever died i would replace it. Definitely worth the purchase still.

Back