Would you buy a PS3 now?

• Yes

Votes: 84 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 53 38.7%

• Total voters

pclov3r

Limp Gawd
Would you buy a PS3 now? It appears ebay is going to run a $179 bundle.

There is a few console only games that I want to play and my dad is still on a GameCube lol :eek:

I'm thinking so due to all the games it has that I could get cheaply and it appears it will be supported for a few more years.

What do you think?

Most definitely! Check out Black Friday 500GB PS3 Bundle with Last of Us and Origin for only $199. Amazing deal and you get one of the best PS3 games, Last of Us. Just about every store is selling this, including Amazon.

I would say definite yes. PS3 has atleast 15 exclusives to be had. You can find them for 10-20 bucks on most stores/ebay. Your total cost for the system would be about 200 for console + Last of Us (best game on the system) and another ~200 or so for the games.

$400 for a console + around 15 games equals about 150-200 hours of gameplay. Worst case scenario you will pay about ~2-2.5$ per hour of pure blissful enjoyment. I can't see anything wrong with that. If you rent then even cheaper.

For the exclusives I highly recommend:
God of War 3
God of War Ascension
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
Last of Us
Killzone 2 and 3
Resistance 3 (1 and 2 also but not must haves)
Infamous
Uncharted 1, 2 and 3
Heavenly Sword
MGS 4
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction
Flower
Journey
and some more I can't think of right now.

There are also some good games on PSN as well that aren't available on PC or for 360. I agree with all the games in the previous post...maybe aside from Resistance. And there's still a good few months left where a few AAA titles will still be hitting the console. It's a steal for $199. If I didn't need a gpu that's what I'd be getting

Yes.

I'm keeping mine and not making the switch for a PS4 until at least next year. Lots of awesome games out there and more coming (Dark Souls 2 in march for example)

Nope no way. Hated the PS3 controller thus never gamed on it. Xbox 360 for that generation.

Now the PS4 is another story, love the controller.

I have now boxed up the ps3 and xbox 360.

Absolutely: that's an awesome price for a PS3 and, IMO, some of the best games ever made. I sold my PS3 a couple months ago with several games (PS3 and PS2): GoW 2, 3; Uncharted 1-3, Killzone, Last of Us, Shadows of Colossus, several others. Considering PS4 has not backwards compatibility and it will take years for the game library to build up, I totally regret it. I really hate not being able to pick up Last of Us or Shadows to replay, even if I probably wouldn't.

No, but I might reconsider when the Kingdom Hearts 2 HD release and Final Fantasy X HD releases come out. Those were some of my wife's favorite games right there.

I never liked God of War, and I consider David Cage games to be hilariously bad and predictable, so that tempers my attraction to many acclaimed PS3 games.

No, but I might reconsider when the Kingdom Hearts 2 HD release and Final Fantasy X HD releases come out. Those were some of my wife's favorite games right there.

I never liked God of War, and I consider David Cage games to be hilariously bad and predictable, so that tempers my attraction to many acclaimed PS3 games.

Last I saw for X/X-2 HD was sometime March. Personally I don't think the graphics are that spectacular for that. Looks farily similar to what I get with PCSX2 on the PC.

I would say definite yes. PS3 has atleast 15 exclusives to be had. You can find them for 10-20 bucks on most stores/ebay. Your total cost for the system would be about 200 for console + Last of Us (best game on the system) and another ~200 or so for the games.

$400 for a console + around 15 games equals about 150-200 hours of gameplay. Worst case scenario you will pay about ~2-2.5$ per hour of pure blissful enjoyment. I can't see anything wrong with that. If you rent then even cheaper.

God of War 3
God of War Ascension
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
Last of Us
Killzone 2 and 3
Infamous
Uncharted 1, 2 and 3
Heavenly Sword
MGS 4
Flower
Journey

Demons Souls and Valkyria Chronicles.

YES, mainly because a lot of titles are for Xbox too... and you won't have to pay for a playstation + account to play online like 360, one, or ps4...

Also, PS3 isn't dead. It has a good lineup of games still coming in 2014. DOOO IT.

It's a great console.

I wouldn't pay over 75.00 for one now and I would get a used slim if anything.

Yeah, I bought 1 last year for 299.99. So those 199.99 BF sales with TLoU and Batman Origins for 199.99, good deal!

I recommend a Hybrid HDD 1TB though to complement it along with a 1 year sub to PSN. The PSN store has several PS1 and PS2 classics you can buy/download to hdd also. The Netflix, Amazon, Youtube apps with an excellent Blu-Ray drive. You can use it with UMS to stream your PC's media. Yeah, unless 200.00 is a lot of money for those features reconsider.

I'm a Squaresoft/Polyphony fanboy so if your not, and don't use any of those things I listed above yeah maybe skip it. It's a very good deal though, beats the hell out of that 600 launch price heehee.

Sure. If I didn't already have one it's worth it for the Uncharted games alone. It's also still a decent Blu-Ray player.

Sure. If I didn't already have one it's worth it for the Uncharted games alone. It's also still a decent Blu-Ray player.

This.

Really, anything at all by Naughty Dog. They are IMHO the most talented developer around today.

Absolutely! I still play PS2 games as well, so I just bought another PS3 last month, a launch 60GB so that I could retire the PS2 to the "backup" shelf. Just because it is old doesn't mean the games aren't fun.

The ps3 is a great system and for $200 new that bundle is really nice. Any naughty dog game is worth playing, they are the best game devs for that gen hands down

where is this 200 bundle on amazon? I've yet to buy a ps3 :p

Since GT is coming out on ps3, I have no reason to upgrade for a bit. If they kept backwards capability, they'd have a better contender imo. (not saying I don't understand why they didn't, but I'm just sayin'... :) )

If I didn't already have one, I would be buying one for GT6. As it stands now, I'll be sticking with my PS3 at least for another year. GT7 won't be out anytime soon for the PS4.

I was thinking of getting one to try GT6, but I remembered my brother picked one up, so I'll use his instead. Shame that the controller is too damn small for my hands.

Go hit up Ebay or Craigslist and buy a used PS3. I bought one some months ago for $150. I'm sure you can get one for even less now (just checked , plenty of good deals).

You do not have to buy a new console at all. In fact just go for a PS3 slim on up.

SO many good games to play and all at a low price.

PS3 is worth its price simply for its features.

A cheap blu-ray player will run you $30.
A roku or similar HD streaming box will run you $100.

A ps3 can be easily had for $150 used. Plus you are only dealing with one box.

I took a break from my PS4 today to play part of whats left of Last of Us and I want to add that Last of Us STILL holds up very well to next gen console games. It looks like it belongs on the PS4 and I think its a real example of the potential the PS3 had that never got fully exploited or at least infrequently.

I went through my catalog of PS3 games and there are some real gems if you haven't played them before especially if you love JRPG's (well most of them) like me.

God of War 3
God of War Ascension
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
Last of Us
Killzone 2 and 3
Infamous
Uncharted 1, 2 and 3
Heavenly Sword
MGS 4
Flower
Journey

Ni No Kuni!!!

Go hit up Ebay or Craigslist and buy a used PS3. I bought one some months ago for $150. I'm sure you can get one for even less now (just checked , plenty of good deals).

You do not have to buy a new console at all. In fact just go for a PS3 slim on up.

SO many good games to play and all at a low price.

No doubt. Backwards compatible PS3s (my preference since you can get PS2 games for $2-3) with 15-20 games are going for $350 now -- that's a whole lotta quality gaming for the price.

I had a 360 for many years and about 8 months ago got my first PS3. I regret not getting it sooner. There are some amazing games out for it, you won't be disappointed. Great part is that most of the great games are cheap (even cheaper used, if you go that route) as they aren't brand new anymore. Last of Us is a must play. I usually don't buy into the hype, but this game is a great one.

I say go for it. Price is right, the games are there, it's a great time to buy one.

I just bought one on Saturday, as a matter of fact. Should be here tomorrow. The value proposition is way higher than next gen, currently.

I would and I did. Great piece of machinery and fantastic games. I wouldn't buy used on craigslist. Most people are asking ~200 for theirs and used. I would just buy the bundle. I got the bundle from Target and I love it. A 250gb ps3 slim, and 2 games (that are $30 each) for $199.

Shameless marketing. If you want a PS+ membership then I have a code for 29 bucks :p.

Ni No Kuni!!!

In my opinion the best JRPG on the PS3. Quality oozing from every corner of the game. If your a Studio Ghibli fan its a no brainer. I've dumped around 75 hours into it thus far and still have things to do. Also it sold well enough that a sequel is under development according to what Level 5 said. Big news all year. The PS4 version would look incredible if they choose to make one on that platform.

Is it just me or is the $200 bundle no where to be found? This page only lists some for 260 at places other than amazon... did they all get snatched up already? I also checked a few days ago...

They got snatched up very quickly.

Back