Would you buy a Corsair USB drive off eBay that is being shipped from Hong Kong?

Yes, I would, where do you think most of them come from normally? Very few things are made in the US because our population is too stoned or too proud for factory work.

No, I wouldn't touch it. You have no idea if it's counterfeit and whether or not it actually contains 16gb of flash (and the quality of it). East Asia is unfortunately notorious for pumping out fakes with far lower capacities that misrepresent themselves as having more through their firmware.

San Disk flash media is a particularly popular choice for counterfeiters, but I don't think it's the only brand.

If the price is to good... blah blah... you get the point.

No, just because I dont understand why anyone would? Order off Amazon, Amazon could forget about the order for a week, accidentally send you a toaster, wait for you to return the toaster and then send you the USB drive and still have it to you before that Ebay one gets to you.

Just the post title made me lol. Even assuming it was 'genuine' and not a counterfeit with crap hardware it'd be a 'sold in China' SN and you probably wouldn't be able to get support for it outside of China. I had an issue with this and a BUNCH of WD hard drives I purchased that were apparently not intended for US sale. I'm not sure if Corsair does something like this, but it is a possibility.

Something that cheap I'd buy locally if there wasn't a ginormous markup because it's easy to deal with the store if you have a problem. At least with Amazon/NE you know you have SOME recourse if there's an issue and it's at least unlikely to be counterfeit.

Back