Would this work to control 2 fans on one channel?

CyByte

Gawd
I am looking at a Vantec NXP-305 fan controller. It controls 3 fans (3 nobs from off - full power)

It will control the front 120mm fan and the rear 120mm fan. That takes up 2 of the knobs.

I have 2 80mm fans on the side of the computer cooling the pci slots (Identical fans). Both of the fans are 3/4 pins (they have an adaptor to 4 pin). Is there a way to control both of the 80mm fans with one knob and let them be controlled at the same speed since they are right next to eachother?

Here is the link to the two fans I ordered http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999627

2 fans should be just fine. If you try to run 3-4 you could certainly have problems. Each channel is only rated for a certain amount of power so too many fans can overload them quickly.

could i also run the front and rear 120mm fans on the same channel if I'm already running the 2 80mm fans?

that way I would have the 3rd channel dedicted to the processor fan?

Find out how much each of your fans uses in power and just make sure you don't exceed 18w per channel.

Yeah, what they said. ;)

I have my 2 80mm fans that came with my case on the same channel of my Sunbeam rheostat. Works fine, as together they only use like 1/3 to 1/2 the available watts per channel.

Medium to high-speed 120mm fans could be approaching the red area though. If you can check the watts they consume, I'd try to keep it at least a few watts under the rated 18 watts. So if they're 7.5watts or less, I'd say you're good.

aug1516 said:
Find out how much each of your fans uses in power and just make sure you don't exceed 18w per channel.

I would personally be much more warry of amperage.

Back