Would like to see ALL OUT OC only [H] review.

BravO)))

Supreme [H]ardness
I would like to request [H]ard do an all out oc only review. I mean bios flash, hardware mod, v-mod, pencil mod, etc... do what you have to do to get the most out of the damn thing. I am pretty sure more people then just myself would like to see what you can really get when you work for your price to performance instead of just buying it.
Thanks.

Great Idea. I would also like to add that you should pay for the items as it's your idea and a good one at that.:D

The only problem is that results would be different than what other people might be able to accomplish. I'm all of OC reviews.

The only problem is that results would be different than what other people might be able to accomplish. I'm all of OC reviews.

That rings true for stock components as well. I know that people will not get the same result, but they can get some what of idea of what they could get.

Would rather see a stock older hardware round-up myself. Gets kind of tiring reading about stuff you can't aford to buy and use all the time....

I think there has not been and [H]ard overclocking on this site for years. My dad introduced me to HardOCP when they were doing pin mods on the Celeron 300A (I think that's what it was, I was a little kid back then). That was pretty sick. I came back to this site years later after moving out on my own and being in the market for a new PC. In the 4 years I've been on these forums, I've seen none of the cool stuff I remembered [H] for; it's been more of a consumer-oriented site, focusing on easy overclocking that anyone can do from their drivers and without any serious modifications. That's not necessarily a bad thing altogether. The site has become a great resource with the breadth of reviews that are being done... (especially PSU reviews) This is stuff that Kyle simply didn't have the resources for 10 years ago.

But in any case, I agree wholeheartedly with you BravO, I would really like to see some [H]ard overclocking on this site again!

That rings true for stock components as well. I know that people will not get the same result, but they can get some what of idea of what they could get.

What? That's not true for stock components at all. You get a set speed, and a configuration that is known to work with stock BIOSs. My Q6600 G0 will have the same clocks and configuration as any other working Q6600. The default BIOS with the same hardware as another would have the same settings as any other. However, if you overclock, or mod a board it's hard to say what boards or what CPUs will do what because of versions and batch releases.

You have to account for the chipset, video card, sound card, etc... Even so, I would still like to see an all out oc only review. I heard that you could have a 4870 demolish a gtx280 with the right type of cooling, but how much father can you take it? I don't know.

You have to account for the chipset, video card, sound card, etc... Even so, I would still like to see an all out oc only review. I heard that you could have a 4870 demolish a gtx280 with the right type of cooling, but how much father can you take it? I don't know.

...that's exactly what he said, you clearly just don't want to hear it. Also, chipset has very little real world impact on performance.

+1 for O/C review, but I'm more on the lines of software overclocking, not hardware, bios or volt modding.

I am just saying that there is marginal error when comparing. Yes, most of the people that have the samething will see similar performance. You guys are getting off topic though.

(14) What does OCP stand for? No matter what you hear, it still stands for Overclockers Comparison Page.....it goes back to the beginning of the forum when it was all about getting the most out of your Pentium chip and tweaking the MoBo via manipulation of the jumpers.

The overclocking they do in the review is more than enough for me. There are too few cards that benefit from hardcore mods and most of which even the hardest of enthusiast wouldn't even consider.

What about people that are pushing the 4850 from 625 to over 800 on the core?

Nope, they should stick to stock cards and just see how far they can push them with the stock cooler.

Back