Would like recommendations for fun 3-4 player games (coop or otherwise)

spine

2[H]4U
Ok, I'm looking for some good classic 3-4 player games that me and my mates can play and have a good laugh with. Preferably games that are easy to pick up and don't require much hassle. They can be old skool as well, anything megadrive or SNES would be great via emulator. I'd also be interested in PC games (old or new) if they're good. Though if it's a PC game ideally I'd want something that uses control pads 'cos swapping around a keyboard and mouse (as in worms for example) just isn't practical.

Good party games is basically what I'm after I guess. :cool:

In the past things like Tiger Woods 2004 on the xbox, micro machines '96 (megadrive), Pro evo Soccer, monkeyball on the gamecube have provided some good fun, but I'm looking for something new.

Thanks in advance for any input, I'm sure there are tons of quality older titles out there I'm just completely ignorant of. Please give a brief description of the gameplay if you reply, cheers!

you're looking for a turn based game that runs multiple players on the same computer?

go to ebay and buy an old used console with a thousand games for like thirty bucks.... the dreamcast is amazing.

if that's the kind of gaming you're going for... i think the best experience is going to be on a console.

if i simply misunderstood your post... and you are talking about a mini-lan of some sort....
i would definitely recommend the system shock 2 coop mode. it's amazing.

Flatout 2 is good for either LAN or "party mode" on the PC... the stunts are fun as heck. LAN mode is better as the game works with 3 or 4 people unlike something like BF2 where it ... well, doesn't unless you are going up against bots.

The Worms series also has a single PC / Multi player mode that can be used since the game is turn based. LOL.. just thought of something fun... we have a movie night at our house once a month or so where we set up a projector in the back yard, light a fire in the pit, and show bad movies and have a good time... and since we use a laptop for the movies, why not play Worms? ... k' that is pretty geeky, but I think next movie night will have Worms after the movie... thanks for the inspiration!

I love System Shock and I've gotten bored of all of the great Quake/Doom co-op play, what else is out there? Waiting patiently on Sven Coop for Half Life 2 still and I've overplayed Serious Sam.. I'd prefer a shooter, but anything would be nice.

The original Unreal allowed coop..
Used to play on a server where the admin spawned Titans all over the place.. To offset that we all had stingers, except they shot eightball rockets in very, very rapid fire...

Back