Would it be worth it ?

micah

Limp Gawd
Howdy all
I been thinking about maybe getting myself a Abit NF7-S and switching out my ASUS A7V8X. Do you think I would see much better over clock on my CPU and just over all system ? I am not sure if it would be worth spending the extra unless I go ahead and upgrade other things at the same time. You can see what I have now in Sig. So give me your opinions please. Would I see much of a over all system boost by this upgrade ? Or would it not be worth the money and be better to wait until I can upgrade other things like CPU as well ? All I do is play games and all so I do not think I need to go the 64 bit stuff yet. From what I read that will not be a requirement in games and such for a long time if ever. I am running my CPU at about XP3000 speeds now and I am not sure if I would see that much of a boost by upgrading it right now.
Thanks for your opinions :)

Simple answer: No.

IIRC, the A7V8X was more feature-rich and the NF7-S was the better over-clocker, but the differences between the two were minimal. Unless the A7V8X is limiting your OCing ability, then the NF7-S will do little to none.

Back