Would dual GTX 760s be able to run Metro Last Light with maxed SSAA?

Vithar

Limp Gawd
I'm thinking of upgrading my video card, my rig is in the signature. I wanted a computer that can handle SSAA (super sample anti aliasing) as my current rig doesn't seem too capable of doing so. I wanted to upgrade to a GTX 760 SLI system since that wouldn't require me to get a new PSU and is well within my price range (about $500) I just wanna know can these 2 cards handle Metro Last Light with maxed SSAA?

I will reinstall it and double check, but I am running 670s and I dont think I could max out SSAA with the other settings maxed also. Been awhile since I played it, but its a very demanding game. I assume you are gaming at 1920 x 1080? My 670s will be a little bit faster than the 760s.

Well, I fired it up at max SSAA and I was only doing about 30-40 FPS most of the time, dipping down into the 20s when things got really busy. I would say with your resolution and the fact the 760s are a little bit slower, that there is no way you can get playable frame rates with max settings. I doubt it would take lowering setting much to make it playable though.

4xssao is in like 3x680 realm at 2560x1080. 2x670s should handle 2xssao just fine. 4x literally cuts you frames in half. It's like what advanced dof did to 2033. Both made dof in 2033 and 4x vs 2x ssao in last light make no visual difference at all Imo. I'd go 780 before dual 760s tho. I went from 670s to 780 and am quite happy. Very close to same performance. Less powerless heat and smoother. Also both metros love memory bandwidth. Cranking ssao in a memory loving game like metro will very like have a love of stutter on 2gb of 256 bit. Neither setup will be playable with 4xssao tho. 2xssao is much more realistic.

What's your idea of not breaking the bank. Budget ?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500311
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130943
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127754
I'd go single 780 hands down. Out of those 3 I'd pick the lightning as they are cherry picked. The amps are as well but mine only does 1228, but my vram clocks like crazy. A lot of lightnings will boost higher than that stock, so they must bin a little stricter. If u wanna stay around 500 the amp is a good card too. Nothing wrong with the evga card either. Really u can't go wrong with any of them. Also amp comes with 3 splinter cell games if that matters to you.

Yes 760s are a bit faster but it's very minimal and you have no upgrade path. A gain that small Iisn't worth sli issues and minimal vram.

Last edited:
absolutely not. there's no reason to use ssaa anymore. msaa and smaa both use 1% of the resources it does while producing identical image quality.

buy a 780, and never talk about ssaa again.

Sounds good, just one thing isn't 3 gb a little low for Metro Last Light I hear it eats memory like John Goodman eats..well...everything

Sounds good, just one thing isn't 3 gb a little low for Metro Last Light I hear it eats memory like John Goodman eats..well...everything

Unless your running 3 monitors its plenty. You were asking about 2 760s. They are 2gb. The memory in sli is shared so even with 2 cards youd only have 2gb of usable memory. 3 gb is 50% more than you were asking about. 3gb will be plenty until a 780 is out of date anyways if your only running 1080p or 1440p.

Now chime in the 200 mod skyrim players...:p

edit: less us know what card you go with. keep us posted on how you like it.

A single 760 cant? Im surprised..
You're surprised that a single 760, a mid-range video card, can't max one of the most graphically demanding titles available with the single most graphically intensive feature (super sample anti-aliasing) enabled?

Is this thread a joke?

Back