Would a used PS4 Killzone bundle sell? And for how much?

apav

Gawd
Hey guys!

I planned to sell my PS4 Killzone bundle from the get-go and buy another one next year when they get all the kinks sorted out and when there is a bigger games library, but the box has been sitting here and I realized that I really want to open it and play it. I am not expecting to be blown away by Killzone, I'm just eager to play on a PS4 to see what it feels like. Maybe even beat Killzone before I sell it so I don't have to worry about picking it up again. But I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it, because I know I can pick up Killzone for cheaper next year when I actually buy a PS4 I intend to keep, and I'm well aware that by opening this box up its value will depreciate by a decent amount.

So if I do decide to use the console, do you guys think I can put it up in a week on Ebay and Craigslist as "like new" for a little more than $550 and find a buyer? Remember only the system and Killzone will be used. The codes (year of PS+, Buy 1 PS4 game get one free amazon code) will be unused and I will include them.

I'm not sure if there would be that many people willing to buy it used. And I do recall Sony saying they won't repeat the mistake they made with the PS3 twice and will have enough stock for Christmas this time around, so I'm guessing more and more stock will become available in the next few weeks.

What do you guys think? Thanks!

You will definitely be able to sell it. Since there were some sabotage issues, knowing your console works and has the day 1 update applied is a plus.

I think $550-600 with the game would be fair considering you could get that for a brand new unopened system.

Do the unused 7 day trial PS+ code (in Killzone box) the year of PS+ code, and the buy 1 get one game free code from amazon raise the value of it? And do you think the longer I wait to sell it the value will drop more, or the other way around? Basically if there will be more or less stock in the coming weeks will determine that.

Thank you!

On craigslist I've been trying to sell a brand new one with 3 games at no luck @650 :S. Depends on your area and luck.

Recent check of ebay showing anywhere from $475 to $535 for new boxes.

Then you see a listing like this and shake your head;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playst...1219989791?pt=Video_Games&hash=item19e53a5d1f

Omg major SMH....

Really? I payed $550 for the Killzone Bundle from Amazon. If the new Killzone bundles don't even sell for that price, I may as well forget about opening it and return it to amazon. I guess it's too late to make a profit from these consoles (new in box) I was hoping to at least make back what I payed for it if I sold it used, but it looks like that won't even happen).

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
400- 450.

Lol@ 500+ no offense.

They're not even THAT RARE. Gone are the days of super priced super rare console launches. Why would anyone pay 500+ when they could get a brand new one for 399.99. Sorry but unless you live in like Alaska or something I don't see 500+. One can get one without much effort for retail, even if it means waiting a couple days and calling around a little.

Not trying to be harsh here just realistic. Its not a PS2/3

Last edited:
Omg major SMH....

Really? I payed $550 for the Killzone Bundle from Amazon. If the new Killzone bundles don't even sell for that price, I may as well forget about opening it and return it to amazon.

If you opened it you're going to get hit with a restocking fee. Find out what it is before hand you might get more on craiglist.

Sorry, should have put into consideration you were including a game and stuff. I was thinking just console. I can't see you turning a profit though unless you get lucky

Dude that said $450 was pretty spot on

Omg major SMH....

Really? I payed $550 for the Killzone Bundle from Amazon. If the new Killzone bundles don't even sell for that price, I may as well forget about opening it and return it to amazon. I guess it's too late to make a profit from these consoles (new in box) I was hoping to at least make back what I payed for it if I sold it used, but it looks like that won't even happen).

Sad scalper is sad :(

Sad scalper is sad :(

I know. If amazon doesn't charge a restocking fee for it, and pays shipping, this may be the best route. Breaking even. :( I had no idea it would be this hard to sell a PS4 for profit, let alone sell a used one to break even.

I put up a hypothetical craiglist listing saying that it's been slightly used, for $550. If I get anyone interested tonight or tomorrow, I'll open it up, use it for a bit, and sell it to them.

If not I'll just return to amazon because if I'm not going to use it that is what makes the most sense :(

lol at all you failure scalpers, here's an idea, get a job and earn money honestly.

Props to Sony for supplying plenty of these so scumbags can't make a profit on something they didn't create.

lol at all you failure scalpers, here's an idea, get a job and earn money honestly.

Props to Sony for supplying plenty of these so scumbags can't make a profit on something they didn't create.

I do. I work two jobs. And go to school. And money is tight. Is it wrong to do anything I can to make some extra on the side? Don't blame us people that want to profit off of it, blame our free market economy that allows it. Jeez. You sound more like a sore loser that's pissed because you missed out on a preorder.

Thanks for the help guys :) I appreciate it and will keep at it.

I do. I work two jobs. And go to school. And money is tight. Is it wrong to do anything I can to make some extra on the side? Don't blame us people that want to profit off of it, blame our free market economy that allows it. Jeez. You sound more like a sore loser that's pissed because you missed out on a preorder.

Thanks for the help guys :) I appreciate it and will keep at it.

Hardly. I'll be buying one when an actual interesting game gets released.

It certainly isn't "wrong", but it also isn't wrong for me to point and laugh at you either, or think that you're pathetic.

Trying to rip people off around the holidays, while yourself being self described as low on funds...I'm sure that makes you feel great.

Hardly. I'll be buying one when an actual interesting game gets released.

It certainly isn't "wrong", but it also isn't wrong for me to point and laugh at you either, or think that you're pathetic.

Trying to rip people off around the holidays, while yourself being self described as low on funds...I'm sure that makes you feel great.

Sigh.. this is a debate of fundementals, something I don't want to get into with you.... Anyway. I am finding a lot of CL listings selling just the brand new console for $600. I'm going to list my bundle for $600, hopefully that will get me some offers.

The wal mart by my house still had systems in stock on Saturday, good luck even getting around $475 or so.

Sigh.. this is a debate of fundementals, something I don't want to get into with you.... Anyway. I am finding a lot of CL listings selling just the brand new console for $600. I'm going to list my bundle for $600, hopefully that will get me some offers.

It's also funny to see that you're spending hundreds of dollars on a system you barely want when you go to school and work 2 jobs to make ends meet.

Sounds like you have your finances right in order.

The wal mart by my house still had systems in stock on Saturday, good luck even getting around $475 or so.

Yep you're right. Which has led me to my decision. I will not be opening it, instead I'll try to sell it new in box on CL for a $50 profit ($600), if that doesn't work, I'll cut my losses, which should be none, and return it to amazon.

Didn't anticipate Sony to be this well stocked. Hopefully that means that there will be some good deals for it around Christmas!

Back