WoT - World Of Tanks - Post your User

I'll add you but I try not to pester more experienced players. Just fun to chat up some matches and what not.
The Lee takes practice and map knowledge to use wisely. If you can hide most of the body using it's right mounted gun, it makes a pretty nasty corner hold. It's usually pretty fragile in close combat though.

Something I would suggest to anyone, if you have an Android device (I dunno if it's on Apple) is to download the World of Tanks Knowledge Database. Then when you have some time to burn you can study the game anywhere. The piercing estimator can really illuminate how the armor works for some people.

Jlinker is probably being too generous with that assessment even, I think the stat guys told us that 48% is the win rate average. Anybody above 50% is doing solid in my opinion. Most experienced players won't shy away from anybody, the ones that do are the ultra tool-shed kind who spend every moment trying to inflate their stats by avoiding any scenario that might expose their skill as an individual. Some even go so far as attempting to game the auto-match system so they don't end up low tier. :rolleyes:

signature.png

I always tried to angle the lee so my profile was as small as possible but still give me food line of sight. The big thing was the lack of penetration at range, literally I would do no damage perhaps 60% of the time either due to misses, hit with no damage, or the ever wonderdul bounce or ricochet and probably 70 % of the time I would be 1 shotted in return.

The M8A1 wasnt as bad but now with HE rounds I've been tracking the higher tier heavies and call for artillery to finish them off. Both the M3 and my TD have been doing much better and I've been winning more allowing others to finish off guys while I move on to other targets. I wait for the wolf packs and scouts to show up and kill them as I can as I have more luck penetrating them and doing damage. Still can't 1 shot anything but as long as I'm tracking and getting critical hits and damaging modules I'm happy and enjoying the game more now that I'm contributing.

Working on learning the maps now. There are several where I'm actually pretty damn good others I'm pretty much useless. Been a couple times I'm the first one dead while trying to find a spot to set up. On those maps I tend to let the others move out first and try and see where the first skirmishes start.

I lost the info to my old account and wargaming never got back to me on it so I started a new account. Felhammer. I should be in my tier 5's this week. Think I'm going to go premium this time around as I'm actually enjoying the research and strategy the game offers. My wife was teasing me yesterday as I was drawing various tanks and posting them around my office wall with hit markers and where to aim.

Hard to imagine anyone thinking the Hellcat isn't good. Its a little beast with a 90mm gun. Once your crew is 100% trained and have 100% camo skills everything else is just pure gravy. I just wish the Jackson had the speed of the Hellcat. IMO the Jackson is superior to the Hellcat with the exception of the speed.

I always tried to angle the lee so my profile was as small as possible but still give me food line of sight. The big thing was the lack of penetration at range, literally I would do no damage perhaps 60% of the time either due to misses, hit with no damage, or the ever wonderdul bounce or ricochet and probably 70 % of the time I would be 1 shotted in return.

The M8A1 wasnt as bad but now with HE rounds I've been tracking the higher tier heavies and call for artillery to finish them off. Both the M3 and my TD have been doing much better and I've been winning more allowing others to finish off guys while I move on to other targets. I wait for the wolf packs and scouts to show up and kill them as I can as I have more luck penetrating them and doing damage. Still can't 1 shot anything but as long as I'm tracking and getting critical hits and damaging modules I'm happy and enjoying the game more now that I'm contributing.

Working on learning the maps now. There are several where I'm actually pretty damn good others I'm pretty much useless. Been a couple times I'm the first one dead while trying to find a spot to set up. On those maps I tend to let the others move out first and try and see where the first skirmishes start.

I lost the info to my old account and wargaming never got back to me on it so I started a new account. Felhammer. I should be in my tier 5's this week. Think I'm going to go premium this time around as I'm actually enjoying the research and strategy the game offers. My wife was teasing me yesterday as I was drawing various tanks and posting them around my office wall with hit markers and where to aim.

That's surprising, the Lee has a pretty big cannon on it, there's barely any difference in pen between it and the M8. Luckily it's not that much XP to the M4. Most people seem to like that one okay even though I did not; the M4A3E2 and E8 I still keep to this day, the E8 is one of my all time favorites.

The M8 is decent, the T49 and Hellcat after it make it look very average by comparison. At Tier 4 I actually like the T40 better than the M8, but I kept almost every tank in the M8 line after Tier 4, they're all a lot of fun. Some people hate the T28 Proto, but if you know how to use it it's a freaking bulldozer. The T25/2 is the only one I sold since the Hellcat is better at tier 7 and 8 than the T25/2 is.

Learning the maps by trial and error can be really rough, especially in tanks without depression. You often find out the spot you picked doesn't angle down enough, then you need to pull forward out of concealment to get your gun down, and all sorts of nasty business can spot you when you do that sort of thing. Videos showing good spots and tips from other players are great, but in some instances specific tanks really need a trip through the maps in the training room to understand how the curves in the landscape will effect your firing lanes and ability to hide your weaknesses. The SU101 is one of the most ridiculously mean tanks in the game, but it has almost 0 depression. Until I figured out which curves could assist me, it was a rough ride.

Hard to imagine anyone thinking the Hellcat isn't good. Its a little beast with a 90mm gun. Once your crew is 100% trained and have 100% camo skills everything else is just pure gravy. I just wish the Jackson had the speed of the Hellcat. IMO the Jackson is superior to the Hellcat with the exception of the speed.
The players who think the Hellcat is bad also don't understand why the enemy tanks are invisible, you can't really take them seriously. ;)

The Jackson isn't bad. I've never seen it's armor as being impressive enough to warrant losing the speed though. I prefer armor-less and fast to almost armor-less and slow.

There is a training room?

Also I downloaded the app but it seems like it is just news and my stats. Don't see anything that shows stuff like the piercing calculator or what not

Last edited:

Hellcat's great, but like lots of tanks it's overplayed and boring to see so many. I had a lot of fun eating up Hellcats and KV-1S' with my 30.01D and H. You tend to see less of those and I'm not sure why, it's a fun tree(s) to play. Although, unlike the hellcat, once you hit 100% it all goes to shit. My MM started getting horrible when I was at about 70% perk XP, and now I rarely get a match like I used to.

Jlinker is probably being too generous with that assessment even, I think the stat guys told us that 48% is the win rate average. Anybody above 50% is doing solid in my opinion. Most experienced players won't shy away from anybody, the ones that do are the ultra tool-shed kind who spend every moment trying to inflate their stats by avoiding any scenario that might expose their skill as an individual. Some even go so far as attempting to game the auto-match system so they don't end up low tier. :rolleyes:

signature.png

Neverwish reworked the numbers once WN8 came out. Though it feels the average is worse, he's mined enough data to be accurate.

48%-51% is the average win rate on the NA servers, so I'd say you're still well above the potatoes you'll find in a lot of matches.

Try to focus more on learning the game's mechanics such as where to shoot tanks to ensure damage, which ammo to use (and when), vision/spotting mechanics, etc. Once you have the mechanics down and can exercise common sense about when to fight and where, your per-game performance will increase dramatically. Win rate comes naturally as a result.

The T49 and Hellcat are both very powerful tanks in the hands of a skilled player, but a lot of people fail to utilize them properly and end up thinking that the tanks are crap as a result.

If you (or any [H] players) want to chat or whatever in game, feel free to add and message me. I don't really platoon lower tiers much though.

signature.png

Hellcat is the best tank in the game in my opinion. I have been top gun in several Tier 8 rounds with that thing. It is the only TD I kept out of that line other than the T30. I didn't like the E4.

Hellcat is the best tank in the game in my opinion. I have been top gun in several Tier 8 rounds with that thing. It is the only TD I kept out of that line other than the T30. I didn't like the E4.

You didn't like the E4 but kept the T30?

I loved the Hellcat and still club seals with it occasionally.

The 28 Prot was ok, albeit slow. I felt like the 30 was shit covered in paper thin armor.

The 110E4 though... I'm in love.

To each his own I suppose. :p

For me the T30 in a tier 9 match with the big gun can rape. Get the hull down and you are golden. The E4 I felt was a bit underwhelming in terms of damage output for a TD. Either that or it should have reloaded faster IMO.

For me the T30 in a tier 9 match with the big gun can rape. Get the hull down and you are golden. The E4 I felt was a bit underwhelming in terms of damage output for a TD. Either that or it should have reloaded faster IMO.

It may not have suited you, the E4 is a pressing TD, not a sit in hull down and take shots all day TD. I use it as secondary line and push with the heavies, often acting as the "finishing move". My average damage in it is easily over 3,000, probably climbing towards 4,000.

Aside from the turret armor and the turret spin limit, just about every stat on the E4 is better. Speed, ground resistance, pen, damage per minute, view range. Long as you don't sit so people can hit your cheeks or that top module with high pen it's a pretty nasty machine. Makes a deadly peek and poke TD. I kept the T30, but in Tier 10, I would rather have the E4 myself.

I think the T49 is better. The Hellcat is absolutely amazing, but the instant acceleration on the T49 makes it an even better Ninja. It may not handle +2 tier games as easily with the smaller alpha, but I've been accused of possessing teleportation while driving one several times. lol

There is a training room?

Also I downloaded the app but it seems like it is just news and my stats. Don't see anything that shows stuff like the piercing calculator or what not
Yeah, you create a training room the same way you create a platoon. I'm not sure if you can go in alone though, you might have to explore maps with a friend.

You downloaded the assistant, that's not the one I specified. It's called the "World of Tanks Knowledge Database". It should be on Google Play.

Last edited:
I think the T49 is better. The Hellcat is absolutely amazing, but the instant acceleration on the T49 makes it an even better Ninja. It may not handle +2 tier games as easily with the smaller alpha, but I've been accused of possessing teleportation while driving one several times. lol

Now all you need is Garbad's magical cloaking device, and you'll be set.

Any of you guys experience the training room not displaying properly since 8.10? Mods, no mods, fresh install, no matter what training rooms do not display the people or the minimap. I’m not the only one either. A few people in my clan (TAW) have the same prob. We are beginning to think it’s our NVidia cards. I'm running the latest drivers for my 2 x 460s in SLI. No one has the same exact vid cards but it seems as though we have NVidia.

Don’t obsess over win rate too much. That stat is nothing more than a measure of how lucky you have been to be on a competent team... WIN8 and the previous WIN7 are good indicators of your improving skill. http://wotlabs.net

By the way, TAW is recruiting all styles and skill levels. www.taw.net
Tell em "5x5" sent ya.

signature.png

Now all you need is Garbad's magical cloaking device, and you'll be set.

There's no such thing as magic, my cloaking device is Klingon.

Don’t obsess over win rate too much. That stat is nothing more than a measure of how lucky you have been to be on a competent team...

I wouldn't obsess over it, but if you're dipping down into <50% territory it might be time to seek some guidance on improving your strategy or game-play. I rarely run in a platoon due to work giving me such a small time window to complete the daily missions, and hovering around 58% hasn't been overly difficult. The last couple days have been brutal and I think I still averaged around 55% or so. I wouldn't expect to hit 60% with platoons, but I think the people who proclaim they don't care about their 45% win rate because they play for fun are making excuses for not doing their homework.

Last edited:
It may not have suited you, the E4 is a pressing TD, not a sit in hull down and take shots all day TD. I use it as secondary line and push with the heavies, often acting as the "finishing move". My average damage in it is easily over 3,000, probably climbing towards 4,000.

Aside from the turret armor and the turret spin limit, just about every stat on the E4 is better. Speed, ground resistance, pen, damage per minute, view range. Long as you don't sit so people can hit your cheeks or that top module with high pen it's a pretty nasty machine. Makes a deadly peek and poke TD. I kept the T30, but in Tier 10, I would rather have the E4 myself.

Yeah, you create a training room the same way you create a platoon. I'm not sure if you can go in alone though, you might have to explore maps with a friend.

You downloaded the assistant, that's not the one I specified. It's called the "World of Tanks Knowledge Database". It should be on Google Play.

Quite possibly you are right in that the E4 just doesn't suit my play style. I like to snipe and the hellcat is amazing at that with camo.

I liked the T-28 Proto. Its slow but it does some wicked damage. I hated the T-30. Damn thing had a slow reload and half the time I got them damn ghost shots. Sold that PoS tank soon as I researched the T110E4. Now I like the E4 but you can't hide the damn thing like TDs should be able to hide. It takes damage easily. The gun traverse is 180 instead of 360 which means mediums or small tanks can easily strafe you. Its basically a big tank they call it a TD but doesn't TD as well as it should. When it hits though it does damage. I wish it performed better. They should never had nerfed it. Although one shotting a IS3 was rather fun before the nerf. :D Having played this particular line of TDs I'd say it reaches its zenith with the T-28 Proto. After that its a crap tank and then a average tank. Nothing really spectacular.

I can't see the T-28 Proto being the zenith when the hellcat is in the line. If you like it thats great but I just can't see it.

Playing this weekend a bit, sick, not going anywhere..

Add me to skype if you like

Mr Guvernment

Patch 9.1. In testing, will nerf tank destroyers via visibility changes supposedly. This is in response to the bitching buy the non td players I'm guessing. Not sure how bad its going to be. The gold/premium TDs will not be affected. Also the Hellcat gets some extra nerfing. Gun reload time gets changed and also a increase to ground resistance (go slower over rough ground) if I understand the early notes correctly. TD players may want to look at patch 9.1 carefully because if they nerf TDs hard it will be a game changer.

Will be interesting to see how the TD nerfs will actually play out in the field. I predominantly play TDs and right now it looks to me that the nerf's purpose is to sell more premium TDs. I do think that some TDs were OP when it came to visibility, Hellcat is the best example for it, but on the other hand the Hellcat also can't really take any hits, so camo as opposed to speed was key to survival. Hellcat has both, highly effective camo and speed. Now they are nerfing camo, speed, and reload.

The Hellcat nerf is also aimed at people who play for free since that tank is very capable and a lot of fun. With the nerf the people who play for free will be either forced to quit entirely, or pay up for a higher tier tank.

The way I look at it is that since I love playing TDs, if they make it so that it's not fun anymore then I will simply stop playing and play one of the approximately 437073 games in my backlog instead. I pay monthly, take my fun away and I'll stop paying, simple really.

With the nerf the people who play for free will be either forced to quit entirely, or pay up for a higher tier tank.

I hate that the do this, with the money they are racking in that to do something like this...certainly does give one reason to stop playing.

But chances are if your willing to stop playing your not the players they wanted anyways cause you're not invested so much into the game you would not quit cause of the money.

Kinda cheesed about the nerf. The T28 proto is my favorite tank in the game. I play it like a sniper so a visibility change will definatly hurt me. Oh well, I have the cent 7/1 which I also really enjoy.

I dont think the nerf is to sell more premium TDs or any other tank. I think the nerf is in response to constant complaints about stealth tanks. There has been a lot of griping about the waffle tanks in particular. So WG in their great wisdom decided to address the stealth tank issue. A broad across the board visibility change. Why not premium tanks too? Well, if you paid actual money (in the form of gold) you would be pretty pissed about it. I think WG realizes this and so decided not to piss off people who actually plunked down money. Now whether players agree with this or not is a different discussion but I think that is sorta how it was decided. I could be wrong though.

Look me up if you want to Toon some have tiers 1-10 play mostly 5-10 all tanks , TD's , and SPG's. im on anytime after 8am CT
user burntoil3372

Kinda cheesed about the nerf. The T28 proto is my favorite tank in the game. I play it like a sniper so a visibility change will definatly hurt me. Oh well, I have the cent 7/1 which I also really enjoy.

A T28 Proto Sniper? That thing is an effing bulldozer if you wiggle to prevent cheek shots...

So, I just tried this game out after seeing it mentioned in the world of warships thread....

This game is so terrible. How do any of you guys enjoy this? 95% of the time I couldn't even see the enemy aside from maybe a red dot. No clue how I'm supposed to hit anyone. The garage menu interface is so cluttered and filled with gimmicks to get you to spend money, which I guess is fine since it is a free game.

I dunno, maybe I just didn't GET it.

So, I just tried this game out after seeing it mentioned in the world of warships thread....

This game is so terrible. How do any of you guys enjoy this? 95% of the time I couldn't even see the enemy aside from maybe a red dot. No clue how I'm supposed to hit anyone. The garage menu interface is so cluttered and filled with gimmicks to get you to spend money, which I guess is fine since it is a free game.

I dunno, maybe I just didn't GET it.

Maybe you should read the manual before complaining about the game mechanics. If you had you'd know how the spotting works and can start utilizing it. You can't just roll into WOT and twitch shooter your way to victory.

signature.png

You know if you hold shift you enter sniper mode, right? You said you couldn't see anyone. That happens either when folks run out into the open without caution or they don't know that they can scope the enemy before firing.

There is a reason it's insanely popular. Just saying.

I used the sniper mode and didn't run out in the open. I think I only died once, but the rounds were over before I even saw more than a few enemies most times. I'll give it another go when I have time. I guess I was expecting more action.

Also, I wouldn't call 150-200 ppl looking for a match "insanely popular" but that is neither here nor there.

I fell off the wagon and started playing again, I must be a masochist at heart or something.

I used the sniper mode and didn't run out in the open. I think I only died once, but the rounds were over before I even saw more than a few enemies most times. I'll give it another go when I have time. I guess I was expecting more action.

Also, I wouldn't call 150-200 ppl looking for a match "insanely popular" but that is neither here nor there.

At any one time there are likely dozens upon dozens of matching occurring at once. The matchmaker dynamically matches players when enough are available to be sorted appropriately by tier, hp, etc. So there is never just 150-200 players looking for a match, but some significant multiple of that.

The game holds the record for most people logged on at one time in Russia on their second Russian server. As of January of 2014, they had a maximum of 1.1 million concurrent users across all worldwide servers. 1.1. million people at once....that is no small number.

All this is just to discuss the point, not your right to disagree. If you don't like it, that's completely legitimate. I hated it at first. But stick with it and you'll find a tank or strategy that you like. I played arty for half of my first battles. Then I started to like the rest of the game.

Is artillery easier to get into? I tried a few more matches and it feels like by the time I can get in range of a target-able shot the match is basically over.

(I'm using a slightly upgraded Medium Tank that you start with).

Is artillery easier to get into? I tried a few more matches and it feels like by the time I can get in range of a target-able shot the match is basically over

Arty is for special kind of people.
If you are prone to raging then arty is definitely not for you.

In pubs most players will not give a shit about supporting arty (whether it's by staying alive as light to spot, or whether it's preventing the opposing lights from killing arty).

Low tier arty is tricky due to range limitations, you just have to grind through it. Mid tier arty can be a lot of fun because they are fairly mobile so relocating over longer distances is quite viable on many maps which gives you more survivability.

Once you are in Tier 7+ arty becomes a patient man's game. In many cases your initial location pick will remain your location for the rest of the game as the SPGs are too slow to make any significant relocation viable. Reload times are long, so you want to make every shot count, which often results in not taking more than 3-5 shots per game.

In pubs you also have to put up with raging teammates who blame their own ineptitude on "arty sucks". Good players know how to either completely avoid arty or highly mitigate the arty threat. Luckily pubs are full of people who suck and so being arty can be fun.

Out of 13k battles played I only have 1k of arty combined, though I do have a Tier 8 one. Arty can be a real pleasure to play when there are a couple of players on the team playing to support arty by keeping targets lit and keeping heavies tracked.

look my 212 out for a spin and yea they really nerfed the accuracy of arty, was having a hard time getting good hits, mostly just splashes, maybe its the rust I dunno.

look my 212 out for a spin and yea they really nerfed the accuracy of arty, was having a hard time getting good hits, mostly just splashes, maybe its the rust I dunno.

Arty when through several nerf rounds over the years. Now you absolutely have to wait till you have the smallest aim circle, and even then you get less than direct hits most of the time. IMHO Russian arty has it the worst because of the high arch, shallow arch arty is actually at an advantage now because the height of the enemy tank may "catch" the incoming round even if it would have gone over had it been a Russian arty. The high trajectory arch used to be a total benefit, and it still is on a few maps, but overall I now find it to be a disadvantage.

yea, was overshooting largely immobile targets by quite a bit of several of those shots, I do also have the tier 6 french spg and tier 6 german spg, I guess I can check those out

I've just gotten a M4E8 or whatever it is called. The game really starts to come alive a bit more for me now. I'm pretty hooked.

Also, when I started I didn't realize you could just zoom in and out with the mouse wheel. I was merely hitting left shift and hitting it again to zoom back out LOL.

If anyone wants to play add me on there @ this username.

What would you guys recommend doing if I end up in a Tier 6 medium during a match with a bunch of tier 8's? I usually just aim for the tracks since going for a kill is usually pointless.

Grabbed some premium time, hope to get on and play some now that i am in Calgary and most of the move done now until we find our own place.

Back