Worthwhile to exit/close/quit apps after using them?

Quiz

Gawd
Wondering if it is worthwhile for any reason (such as to free up RAM, load apps from a "fresh state" every time you want to use them, etc.) to exit/close/quit apps after using them through the multitasking view/feature.

Right now, I always close an app after using it through the multitasking feature. I don't want anything open that I am not currently using. :p

I always do.. Phone slowed down if too awful much gets left open. I notice it every time I pick up my daughter's phone because she always leaves 10k apps open.

I believe you'll get better battery life if you leave apps you use frequently throughout the day open. Launching them from fresh 100 times a day would be harder on the battery.

This could also be total bullshit and something I made up.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Apple's official line is that no, closing apps won't improve your phone's performance or battery life. You only really need to worry about it if you're encountering a problem with an app... say, if it hangs or refuses to load new data.

That's largely true on Android as well, although its memory management isn't quite as graceful (i.e. you may want to purge apps if you notice your phone bogging down).

This could also be total bullshit and something I made up.

Lol, if only others here could be so honest with themselves.

Chrome browser is about the only app I like to force close (which I have mapped to a long press of my back button) because it's such a resource hog. Otherwise, I don't see much a difference between closing all my apps or just leaving them running.

Back