Worth upgrading from XP to Vista?

Fel

Limp Gawd
I'm wondering if i should install Vista on my new computer..(e4500,88GT,2GB).

What advantages does it give? Any performance loss?

I'm just going to be blunt with this, so take it that way:

There are hundreds of threads comparing Vista to XP here. You need to either do some research using the Search feature, or you need to read through more than just the listings of threads you see on the first page in the Operating Systems forum. This question gets asked literally every single day and causes a ton of unnecessary repetition over and over and over again.

I know you've been here awhile, so I'm just saying it's best to do a little research and read back past the only threads you see listed on page 1 before posting. It will help you, and it helps many of us that keep answering the same questions over and over and over again.

Thanks...

I would wait a few months after vista SP1 comes out to see if you want to migrate to vista.

You've got new hardware, so it should run just fine performance wise, and compatibility is all good since your stuff is so new. I'd try it out, and make sure you try out the SP1 RC! :)

If you have time and interest in fixing the problems with drivers, disabling UAC and superfetch in addition to tweaking the UI to classic, it.. wait then it's only XP that works worse than the original. And without the above tweaks it's useless..

You've got new hardware, so it should run just fine performance wise, and compatibility is all good since your stuff is so new. I'd try it out, and make sure you try out the SP1 RC! :)

i agree the new sp1 rc1 does clean up alot of problems i have no problems with gamimg

or general performance.

Is your system capable of running Vista with full performance? Absolutely.

Is it worth your money to upgrade, and will the new features be of any benefit to you? No one else but you can answer this.

Those of us who's gone to Vista full time have no regrets and love it. This is an area where people need to stop turning to others and start making the decision themselves. Same thing with what version of Vista to go with. Vista x64 would be the smart choice, but no one else can decide if Home Premium, Business, etc is best for you.

I went to Vista 64 months ago and was able to find drivers for all of my hardware. As far as the OS goes, I liked it, it took a little getting used to, but the changes made things better for the most part. I did have to put XP back on for a few pieces of software that I use, but they are the exception, not the standard. If you have a copy of Vista handy, you can put it on for a few weeks and see how you like it.

Back