Worth upgrading from GTX 780 Ti or not?

ShepsCrook

[H]F Junkie
I've got a GTX 780 Ti SC ACX at the moment running 3x24" 1080p monitors for games.

Currently, the games that I play or have played:

Batman (franchise)
PayDay 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Dying Light
Ultima Online (this isn't even really played much on this machine)

I have been interesting in Fallout 4.

I'm just curious if I should just hold out a little longer for next gen, or just get a GTX 980 Ti right now?

At that resolution , prolly not worth upgrading and spending ton's of cash on a 980ti. Nice card but overkill and the card wouldn't actually be using 100% GPU usuage. I think your fine unless you upgrade your monitors for high resolution!

But your money.

Fallout 4 works great on my other system running a 2500k and 680 4gb.

I've got a GTX 780 Ti SC ACX at the moment running 3x24" 1080p monitors for games.

Currently, the games that I play or have played:

Batman (franchise)
PayDay 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Dying Light
Ultima Online (this isn't even really played much on this machine)

I have been interesting in Fallout 4.

I'm just curious if I should just hold out a little longer for next gen, or just get a GTX 980 Ti right now?

When can you upgrade again? AFAIK Pascal will drop around March/April.

I mean, right now nothing seems to be straining the card all that much.. Down the road I would like to move to 4k monitors, however that's also a large expense that would either be the card or the monitors.

Right now my system is:

Intel Xeon E5-2695v3, 16GB, 2x256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, WD Black 1TB, GTX 780 Ti SC ACX, SeaSonic M12II 620W, Corsair 800D, Corsair H110, Corsair K70, Corsair M65, 3x Asus 24" LED

Sit tight for a bit, since you did say you are fine with what you have. Wait on reviews of pascal. By then,4k monitors will have dropped more.

Or wait to see if evga will put Pascal in the step up, grab a 980ti in a 90 day window of pascal release, then step up. Of course it all depends on price and performance increases.

Back