Worth selling/shipping a case?

trasixes

Gawd
Don't recall ever selling a case - is it worthwhile? I'm thinking shipping might not be feasible due to cost, but maybe I'm wrong.

I have a BNIB Seasonic Syncro Q7 and PSU, but I have no need for them. Guessing it's either CL or take a big hit shipping it?

Don't recall ever selling a case - is it worthwhile? I'm thinking shipping might not be feasible due to cost, but maybe I'm wrong.

I have a BNIB Seasonic Syncro Q7 and PSU, but I have no need for them. Guessing it's either CL or take a big hit shipping it?
It's not terrible if you have the original box.

It's not terrible if you have the original box.
And use the PayPal shipping link or Shippo to get access to commercial rates. Probably save you a bunch on something like a case. It saved me $30-$40 when I shipped a large, heavy monitor.

Looks like I'd still be nearing $100 for shipping with UPS ground via Shippo for the case. Ouch. It's a big box... roughly 28"x15"x26" and 33lbs. Will check other Pirateship, and Paypal shipping link.

My old cases usually end up as local giveaways or recycled. The only case that I ever sold and shipped was a Ncase M1 (because it's cute and tiny.)

It depends on the case. What's its value, condition and how much will shipping actually cost?

It depends on the case. What's its value, condition and how much will shipping actually cost?
It's a brand new in box Seasonic Syncro Q7 case (retails for $240). I'll do more research tonight, but it's looking like CL/FB Marketplace might be a better option so far.

The closer the destination, the cheaper to ship. I would avoid cross country shipping.

EDIT: Your package to me in CA is about $80. It's $150 to NY. This off UPS website with no discounts.

Last edited:
Looks like I'd still be nearing $100 for shipping with UPS ground via Shippo for the case. Ouch. It's a big box... roughly 28"x15"x26" and 33lbs. Will check other Pirateship, and Paypal shipping link.

I shipped a heavy Antec steel case with HDDs, mobo, Skt 939 CPU, basically a complete retro computer with USPS and it was $70 or $80 range to ship it to California.

Post it. The buyer pays the shipping. I hane purchased ab Antec case and a Lian Li. if you don't have the original box. they will stick it to you for a box and bubble wrap.

Post it. The buyer pays the shipping. I hane purchased ab Antec case and a Lian Li. if you don't have the original box. they will stick it to you for a box and bubble wrap.
I plan to post it, work has just left me deflated lately - I will likely post it this weekend. It's unopened in the original box, so that is how it will ship. I'll post up the weight, and dimensions, too.

I should've said this sooner, but THANK YOU to everyone for the replies to this thread. I probably wouldn't have considered shipping it otherwise.

I shipped that large SGI a few years ago via FedEx using the buyers FedEx account.
It weighed 58 lbs and total cost with FedEx boxing it up and shipping it a few states away was $68.

sgi.jpg

I tried shipping something heavy a couple of years ago. Ended up being cheaper driving 6 hours one way to deliver it myself. 12 hour round trip cost me about $100 in gas vs nearly $800 for shipping.

Shipping prices make no sense. .. i mean.. UPS reported record profits yesterday and announced there will be price hikes in 2022.. 🤣

I have sold a couple... some people have access to work related shipping accounts and can provide shipping labels. Just list it and see what happens. What others say about the box is true, if you have to pay for box and packing materials cost is going to go up.

I have also had some cheapo old systems, printers, etc that weren't worth the cost/effort of shipping to make $10. I post the big/heavy stuff on the bulletin board in the break room at work and have moved lots of big stuff. I suppose FBMP/CL are options too but I kinda hate dealing with randos, so that's a personal decision.

Well, I ended up gifting it to a friend whose daughter is asking Santa for a gaming rig. Thanks for all of the replies, and advice!

If it's something like a Corsair Obsidian 950 that's sitting unused and sells for $200, and you're paying $50 for shipping... maybe. If it's a cheapo Bitfenix that would only sell for $40-50, no.

Well, I shipped a Corsair Air 540 from PA to the midwest last year, and UPS charged me $80 (a big, heavy case), and I had the factory box and inserts, and the buyer was ok paying that much cause they really wanted it for a project.... so I let him have it for $130 total :)

Back