Worth it to go from e4300 to e6750?

phobic

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a fairly new machine with an e4300 overclocked to 3 GHz on stock cooling and it runs really well. I was wondering if I should bother upgrading to an e6750 and overclock it. Any opinions will be appreciated.

My E4300 would absolutely not be stable beyond 3.15GHz. I messed around with that for months. But still couldn't complain considering it started at 1.8GHz.

But I went ahead and got the E6750. Price was pretty decent and I felt this would overclock pretty decently as well. I'm currently overclocked at 3.6GHz.

I'm pretty happy with my upgrade.

I have a fairly new machine with an e4300 overclocked to 3 GHz on stock cooling and it runs really well. I was wondering if I should bother upgrading to an e6750 and overclock it. Any opinions will be appreciated.

I wouldn't.. Next upgrade should be a quad.. Just do what the other guy said and get a new heatsink.

Don't bother... next upgrade should indeed be a quad-core, you will see minimal gains with your proposed upgrade :).

What are the rest of your computers specification?

Abit IP35 Pro
e4300 (Stock Cooling)
4GB DDR2 PC6400
Windows Vista x64 (Installed yesterday -- runs great)
X1900XTX (still pending an upgrade but still runs great)

Save a couple hundred of dollars or whatever and buy a nice heatsink.

Guess I'll keep what I have until maybe Penryn quads come out. Any recommended heatsinks? Was thinking about a tuniq tower 120.

Back