Worth grabbing a new Black FZEX or 1tb Velociraptor for games?

hdgamer

Gawd
My ssd crashed and need a new one. Thinking about either a: getting a 500 gb ssd for around 300 bucks, or jumping on a deal for a 250 for around 120-150 and grabbing a 2tb black or new velociraptor to go with the ssd. Are the game load times that much faster with an ssd? I know battlefield is one but don't really care much for that game. Would like a hdd to install all my steam games on plus space for future games.

Do you need the extra space of the larger drive? I currently use a 256Gb, and would like a 500Gb--but a 500 would allow me to run a couple virtual machines on the SSD and get rid of a mechanical drive all together. All my data storage is on the network though, and I keep nothing on my computer other than programs.

i have rotational drives that have been going over 10 years and seagates no less they are bigger and currently cheaper sure they are over all slower but they last nearly forever most of the time.get a wd hybrid drive perhaps?

My question is there any benchmarks of real world scenarios of the new velociraptors vs the new black FZEX vs ssd's in game loading times? Just wondering if the spinning hdd are still worth it given the capacity per $$$ as SSD's still aren't that great.

Back