worth going from a nexus 7 2013 to a nexus 9?

Depends on your uses for a tablet. I use my Nexus 7 strictly for media consumption (reading, videos), so feel no need to upgrade to the 9 or any other tablet.

i sold my nexus 7 2013 for a nexus 9, i should have kept my nexus 7!!!

is it that not worth it?! what about the resolution and what about the image quality??

I bought the Nexus 9 and tested it against my Nexus 7 before opting to return it. The image quality is better, but only if you look for it. Light bleed on the other hand, is clearly worse than Nexus 7 2013, especially when viewing a black screen.

Main difference other than the obvious size bump is the Lollipop OS and the bump in processor speed. It's a bit faster than my Nexus 7, but imo honestly not enough to warrant paying the extra money.

My nexus 7 is all I need. I'm not interested in the 9. And after my experiences with lollipop so far, I'm very much fine with the fact my nexus 7 has not upgraded to it yet.

For reading, N9 is better than N7. If you can find some good deal on N9, it might still be a good option.

Pass on the Nexus 9 and wait to check out 2015 devices which should be very interesting according to development device:

http://www.intrinsyc.com/products/qualcomm/mdp-tablet-powered-by-snapdragon-810-processor.aspx

Qualcomm processors have been meh and this one seems no different. When Nvidia's processors start looking and performing much better you know something is wrong.
Right now Nvidia is the only one that could give the new Apple processors a run for their money

I sold my Nexus 7 2013 and bought a ChromeBook...so take my thoughts with a grain of salt...but no, I'd stick with the 7 2013. 7" is my preferred size for tablets.

Run don't walk to the $199 Samsung Galaxy 8.4 Pro, on sale at BestBuy and was $349 not that long ago. I'm seriously in love. And I was a die-hard Nexus 7 guy, but this thing is just perfection.

Already loaded CM12 / Lollipop 5.0.2 on it. Its fantastic.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1846588

^^ I just ordered two of those tablets. Can't wait to get my hands on them. I, too, am a big fan of the Nexus 7 tablet, but this Samsung is a beast, especially at such a great price. :)

Back