Worth changing AIO to lower temperatures on 5900X

Which AIO will cool 5900X better?

• Total voters

KickAssCop

[H]F Junkie
I have a 5900X that runs at 83 C when overclocked using PBO.
If I under volt it to 1.25 volts it runs at 70-73 C. This of course makes all CPU related benches go cuckoo (e.g., Cinebench MC goes down from 8300 to 8000, SC goes down from 636 to 580). Games seem to be boosting fine though at around 4.8-5.1 Gs.

I presently have a Corsair H150i Pro w/ push/pull fans running at 1250 RPM (3 Corsair LL and 3 Corsair ML 120s). Pump runs at 2150 RPM.

Will it be worth going for either an:
Arctic Cooling 360 AIO
OR
EK AIO 360 RGB

I would like to have RGB in my case so whichever cooler comes, I will be doing push/pull again and will use my Corsair LL fans on it. I do not want to further increase noise in my computer and seeing if this ordeal is worth the time.
Don't want to do a custom loop either. Too costly for the gains I will possibly have. Ambient temps are 24 C in room and maybe 29-30 C under the table where my computer sits.

Happy to provide other information. Adding a poll so people can even vote and leave if they don't want to spend time posting.

We just had a conversation similiar to this (i forget where) ;)
What's your case and fan configuration? Where is the rad located, inlet/exhaust?
What gpu are you running? How does it effect the heat dump in your case in regards to your cpu and mb?
You've already got a top notch 360 so swapping it for another probably isnt going to net much better temps. You'll likely have to improve overall case flow to net better cpu temps with either better fans or by moving your rad.

I don't think you'd get an appreciably lower temperature. Maybe 2-3C. I voted keep what you have. The AC AIO has a thicker radiator which is why it has slightly better cooling than other AIOs, but you'd have to swap out for RGB fans then because there is no RGB on the AC Liquid Freezer IIs.

I'd play around with the Curve Optimizer. Maybe you can keep your PBO settings without going too crazy on the voltage.

I have a Phanteks P500A case. 3 140 mm fans blowing in from the front (950 RPM). 1 120 mm blowing out the back (1250 RPM). Top mounted rad exhausting in push/pull (6 fans at 1250 RPM).

a different aio won't help you. use curve optimizer. I have a 5800x and would see 80c in R20. CO has lowered that 2-3 c. I'm on air fwiw.

I tried curve optimizer 2 times and it led to instability and eventual crash. I tried all core -10 and also per core -10 with auto volts. Comp runs fine for hours without issue with 1.225 volts but I set it to 1.25 to give it some breathing space.

No amount of other tweaking led to reduction in temperatures whilst keeping comp stable.

When you under volt the CPU, does it affect game benchmarks or just CPU synthetic benchmarks?

Have you tried less of an under volt? There’s possibly a sweet spot where your temps go down 5C but benchmarks are within margin of error.

Graphics benches like Timespy and Port Royal are affected. Games mostly remain the same but I have seen AC Odyssey bench go down from 93 FPS to 91 FPS. Some other benches lose 1-2 FPS as well.

No offence, but this thread is like doubling down on your previous thread where you complained you made the worst upgrade decision ever.

No offence, but this thread is like doubling down on your previous thread where you complained you made the worst upgrade decision ever.
He might have a bad board/CPU or something if he can't get similar results as others. Buying a new AIO seems totally useless.

I voted for open loop.
I wonder how much .ore your cpu and you have in them if you keep the temps low enough for them to keep boosting.

Try to orient your rad tubes down.
That much heat I wouldn’t be surprised if tube permeation became a factor down the road.

Back