Worst things you've done in (online) gaming?

I have never hacked in a game online, I have never deteriorated into a swearing racist hate filled rant. I have never rage quit or smashed a controller or hit my keyboard.
The worst I have done is maybe drive a dump truck around in APB and smash into others, or try to create road blocks.

Well, maybe getting shitfaced while raid leading and yelling *something* at our main tank, which none could figure out other than her name repeatedly, and I kept at it until she started to cry and the raid broke up.
I may be an ass, but I dont go out of my way to ruin other peoples fun. Thats not being an ass, thats being a waste of life.
Haha APB oh man, busted ass fuckin game

I remember in the beta (I think) we literally boxed in one of the spawns with dumptrucks. They basically had to fight their way out, which started the feedback loop of calling APBs and murdering them they second they tried to do anything to escape.

For an hour, hell on earth was a wall of dumptrucks and spawn killing. I think we ironically hit the highest prestige level doing that shit.

When planetside 2 was new I used to sneak behind enemy lines and snipe spawn areas from max player render distance until I pissed enough people off they would send people off to find me. If just one or two came I would easily pick them off, so eventually they would send a group of people at once.

Then I would sneak to another spot before I was found and watch from a safe distance as a group of people look all over for me. Fnding claymores I left behind which would piss them off even more. Then I would sneak to another spot and repeat.

And if a group ever got too close to finding me I would just leave the game and they never would 🤣.

I have never hacked in a game online, I have never deteriorated into a swearing racist hate filled rant. I have never rage quit or smashed a controller or hit my keyboard.
The worst I have done is maybe drive a dump truck around in APB and smash into others, or try to create road blocks.

Well, maybe getting shitfaced while raid leading and yelling *something* at our main tank, which none could figure out other than her name repeatedly, and I kept at it until she started to cry and the raid broke up.
I may be an ass, but I dont go out of my way to ruin other peoples fun. Thats not being an ass, thats being a waste of life.
Ah yea getting shit faced playing a MMO enough that the guild would kick me out for the night lol. I would Leeroy the hell out of some events. FFXI was so much fun before they implemented anti MPK stuff.

Ambushed and destroyed the hearse during a funeral procession event in a GTA San Andreas roleplaying server. This was like a huge, server wide event that they explicitly warned people not to fuck with. They banned the wrong person in the chaos of like 100+ nerds frothing at the mouth. Everyone was PISSED.

So I took the opportunity to launch phase 2. I knew they were headed to the airport next so I beat them there and stole a plane. After getting shit under control, they move on with the event and eventually they do their bullshit of loading the "body" into their plane and get ready for takeoff.

Until I kamikazed into them seconds after they left the ground and instantly kill everyone in the vicinity. All the deaths from the explosion were logged as suicides and they couldn't figure out who to pin it on.

Pretty sure I've never pissed off more people at once than that night.

ok you win.. that was great.

worst thing i've done was once i figured out it was possible to run around under the map in ET:QW and jump back up onto the map inside the final base on most of the maps, everyone else figured it out and the game promptly died a couple months later since the game was ditched by the developers.. sad times because it was actually a good game.

I loved Team Killing in BF series by mining jeeps and kamikazing, heli kamakaizing, blowing up our own base right after round start.
I think* I have grown up a bit since then.

Aimbots and trolling in CS Source.
I've been doing this in DayZ lately. The game's anti-cheat is broken. Using ESP you can easily see who else is cheating, and I would say I run into atleast one or two cheaters per play session. Previously I only suspected I was getting suspiciously killed by hackers. I can only tolerate so much of that before I jumped ship to see what the deal is. DayZ is a lot more brutal than CS to run into hackers. I don't really advocate it, I was just curious to learn how bad it was (and it's worse than I initially thought).

Reactions: cvinh
like this
Glitch in The Division 1 Falcon Lost Incursion when patch 1.3 first came out; just to get Sentry's Call gear lulz.

Stat pad in Battlefield 2 just to unlock a few of the secondary weapons before anyone else.

Overall, nothing too bad.

Ambushed and destroyed the hearse during a funeral procession event in a GTA San Andreas roleplaying server. This was like a huge, server wide event that they explicitly warned people not to fuck with. They banned the wrong person in the chaos of like 100+ nerds frothing at the mouth. Everyone was PISSED.

So I took the opportunity to launch phase 2. I knew they were headed to the airport next so I beat them there and stole a plane. After getting shit under control, they move on with the event and eventually they do their bullshit of loading the "body" into their plane and get ready for takeoff.

Until I kamikazed into them seconds after they left the ground and instantly kill everyone in the vicinity. All the deaths from the explosion were logged as suicides and they couldn't figure out who to pin it on.

Pretty sure I've never pissed off more people at once than that night.

I guess nobody had learned from when Lord British was killed in an event on Ultima Online. There's some good stories about that, IIRC, Lord British couldn't be targetted, but was vulnerable to area of effect spells (and so was everyone gathered at the event), whoops.

I guess nobody had learned from when Lord British was killed in an event on Ultima Online. There's some good stories about that, IIRC, Lord British couldn't be targetted, but was vulnerable to area of effect spells (and so was everyone gathered at the event), whoops.
He also forgot to re-enable his invulnerability flag after it was set, then disabled briefly for some reason I forget. :D

Leaning towards the funny end of the spectrum rather than bad, but I once got blindingly shit faced and decided to play TF2 somewhere around a decade ago.

That's basically all I remember besides the faintest glimmers of playing Pyro. Woke up with an ascii butterfly clan tag. I apparently talked my way into what was an, at the time at least, all girls Steam group. Pretty sure I'm still in it.

Women want me, spies fear me

No cheats, but would Protoss canon rush the same guy who started Zergling Rush until he left the game.

If I got on the opposite team of my buddy I'd report what my team was doing through our private voice channel.

I was playing WOW on a random DK I made and that super rare epic dagger dropped in UBRS back in the day. I rolled need and won it just to keep the rogue in the group from getting it. I literally vendored it and never touched the character again.

Sold worthless dragon coins in Lineage 2 for the equivalent of hundreds of USD (each) by claiming they were the first dragon eggs. Lasted for weeks.

Also in L2 lead roleplaying raids against different races just to help the guards kill the people I was "leading" so guildmates could pick up their items.

Also in L2 would convince a party that I would back them up if they tried to pick a fight over farming a room in the tower and then just proceed to just murder the entire area.

WOW. Sat camouflaged next to a horde battlegrounds NPC they forgot to make immune to mind control when battlegrounds first came out. Could one-shot people with an AoE skill. Very confused people trying to click that NPC.

DC universe online used an exploit to gain control of Harley Quinn outside of the battlegrounds. You would have your skin but her abilities and stats. People would assume you are lagging and an easy kill and then get 1-2 shot with hammer smash. Devs make an announcement they fixed the exploit but was a different exploit than mine. People come up on me looking for revenge "yea let's see what you're made of NOW" and get hammer smashed in the face again.

Custom maps star craft. Play through a 2-3 hour RPG and near the final area kill all your teammates and not finish.

Natural Selection - purposely dragged games out for seemingly eternity playing as commander and/or build a fortress in an obscure part of the map while giving my team just enough hope -then scrapping the spawners to see how long I could hold out in my fortress by myself while my dead teammates looked on. In the same vein play as commander and rush jetpack, drop myself shotgun jetpack and some resources by recycling most of the base. Proceed to trash talk the entire server saying things like how my team all sucks and I have to do everything myself and laughing at the aliens for being unable to defend their base against me as one commanderless marine.

Rappelz (Korean mmo - i think was Rappelz) - got frustrated that a Japanese guild had basically insider knowledge of the game from playing their version and was using it to take over while the English groups squabbled and wouldn't heed my warnings. Said fuck it and joined the Japanese guild after comitting as much sabatage as possible, committed my character to a dead end AOE poison build that melted in PVP but gave me no means to further my char and proceeded to crush the server until they cried to admins about how unfair things were. Was a pretty beautiful strategy as I couldn't communicate well with my guild but I would just go in and drop everybody's health to 1 and then signal the Japanese to finish them all off like they were swatting flies. The drama was glorious.

Last edited:
Sold worthless dragon coins in Lineage 2 for the equivalent of hundreds of USD (each) by claiming they were the first dragon eggs. Lasted for weeks
Ah, Lineage 2. Scamming was pretty much a job profession in that game lol.

A good one was selling common mats as rare materials since it used a lot of shared icons :D

Lineage 2 is the only MMO I ever played, in 2003-04ish (North American server). Man the amount of scamming and comedy that happened in that game was insane. The open PVP aspect made it really interesting from a social perspective, could lose stuff that took months of grinding if you were not careful. The grind itself was absurd though.

Tribes, shock floor force fields at the spawn points.
WoW, summon guild members over lava in MC. Once or twice.

This one dude in CS was wall hacking and aim bottling BAD going by Vasily Zaitsev. I was annoyed enough I hopped out, found a wall hack, changed my name to Major Koenig, and sniped him and him only until he quit.

First and only time I used a hack… he really pissed me off back then.

I got *really* good at Verdun. Also DoD:Source, CS, a few others, started going down the pro-gamer path (glad I didn't, there wasn't money in it back then) but I would target hackers, they were easy to spot, because they never move like regular players.

I've made a few hackers rage-quit without cheating myself, just by not playing to the goals of the game, but to the goals of the hacker. Once you figure out what they're exploiting, you can punish them pretty confidently.

Diablo 1. My friend and I would be playing and someone would join. We’d be like hey welcome etc. open a port, then jump them. Or we’d be trading and I’d get there stuff and exit the game lol.

Lineage 2 is the only MMO I ever played, in 2003-04ish (North American server). Man the amount of scamming and comedy that happened in that game was insane. The open PVP aspect made it really interesting from a social perspective, could lose stuff that took months of grinding if you were not careful. The grind itself was absurd though.
Aden Castle Siege was probably the highlight off all my multiplayer games.

I don't think I've ever done anything bad on online multiplayer. I used to play Halo PC a lot and got really good that I was accused of cheating every now and then (I never cheated), especially when I got perfect games (all kills no deaths). That's about it though.

If you want worst things. Take a look at Ghosts of Tabor, nice people will 9/10 be totally betrayed. People have discovered that they can be nice, get close and take a gun from their body and kill you with it. Had it happen a few times, but sometimes it can be quite fun even if it happens to you.

Last edited:

Oh man, being mean to someone so that person starts crying, that's actually pretty low even by my standards. Your last two sentences are kind of ironic.

Don't go attacking people on individual level. Hacking, cheating and scamming is one thing, but focusing on one person so badly that you ruin not that persons day (at least) but everyone else's is pretty fucked up.
Bullyng is not ok. I hope you've grown up since then and hopefully appologized for your behavior.

Ah, Lineage 2. Scamming was pretty much a job profession in that game lol.

A good one was selling common mats as rare materials since it used a lot of shared icons :D

Ah I remember buying Adena for real money and then high level items. And people were like "you just dinged lvl 40, this is your only character, how can you have a rare B-grade weapon?".
And I'm like: "I got lucky."
Everyone was looking down on people buying Adena for real money back then :)
But scamming was rampage. My friend was going to sell her monks fist weapon for 300.000 Adena. The guy in trade typed 30.000 and the fool clicked ok. Then started crying when she got scammed. I was equally pissed off at both of them.

Fuck, I miss Lineage 2. Hopefully NCSoft doesn't fuck up the new one and it actually comes out one day.

Don't know how I forgot this one. The ZG corrupted blood plague.
I was one of the ones who was intentionally spreading it. I was a warlock so felt it was my duty.
Still makes me laugh.

Geonosian cave bug exploit to level a couple different Jedi in star wars galaxies.

Paid money to some poor Chinese farmers for gold and leveling alts in Wow.

Cod modern warfare 2 did the riot shield shooting exploit to power level.

My friends and I played a lot of 4v4 Halo 2 on Xbox Live when it first came out. We fooled around a lot and discovered you could jump on each other and get to parts of the level people didn't expect, and there was one part on top of a hut where if you crouched down no one no one could see you from any angle.

There was a game mode called Assault that was basically like Counter-Strike where you take turns trying to plant a bomb. The main difference is when you carry the bomb you move slower and can't shoot.

When the game first came out it could go into a "sudden death" mode where the time limit would not end the game as long as someone was holding onto the bomb. (Foreshadowing: they later patched this).

We were playing 4v4 games on xbox live and it was getting pretty late at night.
We were in a game of assault and it was the last round with our chance to plant the bomb we were tied so it was our chance to win or tie and we really wanted that ELO.
So it was time to try out our new hiding spot. We jumped up on top of each other and had the bomb carrier hide up there crouched so he couldn't be seen by anyone below.

We waited for the timer to run out, the game went into "sudden death" and we hid up there longer, just waiting for the enemy team to leave as the other teammates went around taunting the enemy using proximity voice chat.
After about 10 minutes one of the enemies left but there were still 3 there so we waited longer.
We played for several hours but there were still 2 people left on the enemy team, and me one of my friends left. At this point it was pretty late at night and we wanted to some sleep. So we put a book on the controller to hold down the thumstick and keep it crouched then went to sleep.

When we woke up in the morning there was still a guy in the game but he was afk so we planted the bomb then won.

They had online stats back then that showed detailed information from the game, and since the game was so long it glitched out and just showed 0 minutes for the game.

I lost a Windforce bow in a duping scam in Diablo II when I was very young. I absolutely deserved it though for being a moron lol.

Other than that just flashing the whole team in CS I guess when I was bored.

I don't believe I ever cheated. Probably the worst thing I did was when I used to play Asheron's Call, people would constantly be begging for a portal to another town or place. I'd usually fire one up to a place where they would be most likely one hit instantly. Items drop on death so they probably weren't getting it back.

Back