Worst things you've done in (online) gaming?

Nebell

2[H]4U
After reading how Blizzard banned a bunch of WoW classic bots, I got a bit nostalgic.
Not in a good way though.

World of Warcraft:

Neutral auction house:
I remember my early days in WoW, which was probably around its second expansion, BTC.
There was this bot I came across which would scan auction house constantly for cheap items and buy them automatically. I knew people used neutral auction house to trade items between factions.
I would used auto scanning with anti-afk bot and would sit in Winterspring at the neutral auction house and just let it run. It would automatically pick up items people tried to transfer from horde to alliance. They usually tried to sell expensive items for 1 copper. The bot would snatch pretty much everything that was below market price. Sometimes it would be insanely expensive materials or epic items (back then epics were rare and expensive).
For some reason people didn't like me for what I did. Some were really sad (those got their items back), some cursed and threatened (they didn't get items back) but most killed my low level character even though the guards would kill them afterwards. It was worth it as I was afk and they could continue trading after they resurrected.
I needed a solution.
Being the asshole I am (at that time), I found a hack that would make me move through walls. So I'd click on the auctioneer to open the auction house window, then move my character below the floor so no one could touch him.
I had some regular "customers" who knew what I was about and they would regulary show up to kill me. However this time it was not possible. They couldn't trade because I was there snatching their items. But they also couldn't kill me to continue trading.
I did get reported and banned but back in the days WoW Battle Chest was rather cheap, it could be found for as low as €5 and it was easy to run from Orgimmar to Winterspring (I could even fly with the hack up the mountain) making the whole thing very profitable. But the word got around about this lvl 1 orc who would steal everyone's loot.
I needed another solution.
Winterspring is a lvl 55 zone and a lvl 1 character is very suspicious. Enter questing/grinding bot. I would level up a character to lvl 54-55 and THEN do the same thing. When people looked up for active characters in Winterspring, they would see a lvl 55 char and assume it's just someone doing quests in the zone. Then they would try to transfer items between horde and alliance and the item would be no more. Those damn auctioneers, you just couldn't trust them.

I'm not proud of it, but I did give back a bunch of items to people, depending on how they behaved.
It was more about trying to disrupt the world than digital thievery.

Honorbuddy WoW bot:
I'm genuinely sad this bot is gone, as it was worth its weight in gold. In Legion I used it mostly to level up my alts, but also to do afk resource gathering. I was dirty rich and even bought 2 years worth of sub with WoW tokens. This triggered Blizzard and I got banned pretty fast lol.
I even managed to corrupt the guilds hottest chick to do the same. She was my fish-bot. You would see Sasha online the whole night without replying to messages. She was very popular though so she became a security risk and I had to get rid of her.
Remember folks on WoW classic, once Legion is released - there is a herb called Fjarnskaggl which can get you very rich.

Today I'm not as wild, but being older and having less interest in gaming as having a job, I turn more towards "I'll spend money for someone else to boost me instead of turning to hacks".

What about you?
It's ok to tell, I won't judge you (much) ;)

Last edited:
Kept sending spies into a noob's base in red alert two yuris revenge. Kept stealing his money over and over again

After reading how Blizzard banned a bunch of WoW classic bots, I got a bit nostalgic.
Not in a good way though.

Neutral auction house:

I remember my early days in WoW, which was probably around its second expansion, BTC.
There was this bot I came across which would scan auction house constantly for cheap items and buy them automatically. I knew people used neutral auction house to trade items between factions.
I would used auto scanning with anti-afk bot and would sit in Winterspring at the neutral auction house and just let it run. It would automatically pick up items people tried to transfer from horde to alliance. They usually tried to sell expensive items for 1 copper. The bot would snatch pretty much everything that was below market price. Sometimes it would be insanely expensive materials or epic items (back then epics were rare and expensive).
For some reason people didn't like me for what I did. Some were really sad (those got their items back), some cursed and threatened (they didn't get items back) but most killed my low level character even though the guards would kill them afterwards. It was worth it as I was afk and they could continue trading after they resurrected.
I needed a solution.
Being the asshole I am (at that time), I found a hack that would make me move through walls. So I'd click on the auctioneer to open the auction house window, then move my character below the floor so no one could touch him.
I had some regular "customers" who knew what I was about and they would regulary show up to kill me. However this time it was not possible. They couldn't trade because I was there snatching their items. But they also couldn't kill me to continue trading.
I did get reported and banned but back in the days WoW Battle Chest was rather cheap, it could be found for as low as €5 and it was easy to run from Orgimmar to Winterspring (I could even fly with the hack up the mountain) making the whole thing very profitable. But the word got around about this lvl 1 orc who would steal everyone's loot.
I needed another solution.
Winterspring is a lvl 55 zone and a lvl 1 character is very suspicious. Enter questing/grinding bot. I would level up a character to lvl 54-55 and THEN do the same thing. When people looked up for active characters in Winterspring, they would see a lvl 55 char and assume it's just someone doing quests in the zone. Then they would try to transfer items between horde and alliance and the item would be no more. Those damn auctioneers, you just couldn't trust them.

I'm not proud of it, but I did give back a bunch of items to people, depending on how they behaved.
It was more about trying to disrupt the world than digital thievery.

Honorbuddy:
I'm genuinely sad this bot is gone, as it was worth its weight in gold. In Legion I used it mostly to level up my alts, but also to do afk resource gathering. I was dirty rich and even bought 2 years worth of sub with WoW tokens. This triggered Blizzard and I got banned pretty fast lol.
I even managed to corrupt the guilds hottest chick to do the same. She was my fish-bot. You would see Sasha online the whole night without replying to messages. She was very popular though so she became a security risk and I had to get rid of her.
Remember folks on WoW classic, once Legion is released - there is a herb called Fjarnskaggl which can get you very rich.

Today I'm not as wild, but being older and having less interest in gaming as having a job, I turn more towards "I'll spend money for someone else to boost me instead of turning to hacks".

What about you?
It's ok to tell, I won't judge you ;)
Wow, lol (pun not intended!). The worst I've ever done was shooting near teammates to make them think I was trying to tk in modern warfare (the original cod4 one) without hitting them, to fool them into tking me and then I'd pretend to complain in chat all indignantly. I grew out of it.

i cheated in Day of Defeat back in the early 2000s by editing assets so I could see through them.

I remember installing 'tracer skins' on chaingun bullets in Tribes (that way you can see your shots better).

Spawn killing in BF2 till I got kicked and perma banned from every custom server in NA.

Gulf of Oman was my favorite, end of the runway with a TOW and in the belly of the Essex with the LAV.

nothing crazy.. I troll in Forza Horizon instead of farming perks. Opponents are ghosts but still interact with the environment. I turn cars around on straight aways and clog up freeway with hay bales. Do the same thing in tunnels causing gigantic crashes. Pit manouvering a bus while getting chased by multiple cars is fun if you time it right. Sometimes players get pissed, sometimes people join in.

I'm gonna go ahead and take the winner trophy so far :D Y'all ain't ruthless enough lol.

2nd worse was wallhacking in CoD 1, then making up excuses for why I was so good like seeing a rifle barrel poking around the corner of a door and whatnot and people actually believing that shit. Used to also hack a ton in Battlefield Vietnam. Ah, good times.

Chased people through jungle in Ultima as a PK.
I became a PK by accident launching Meteor Swarm in Vesper before servers went down.

In dead by daylight I'd play as a killer and if survivors are dicks right away, I'll signal to them that I'll let them farm points.
I'll then "work with them" and let them get a few points, then down them all and win.

In dead by daylight I'd play as a killer and if survivors are dicks right away, I'll signal to them that I'll let them farm points.
I'll then "work with them" and let them get a few points, then down them all and win.
What do you mean? You're not one of those killers who think survivors playing the objective is being a dick, are you? I've seen many killers complain about "gen rushing" when that is the whole point of playing a survivor: Fix the generators and escape.

I botted diablo for a while after I got bored with the game. It got to the point where it was more fun to watch the bot play than actually play myself

What do you mean? You're not one of those killers who think survivors playing the objective is being a dick, are you? I've seen many killers complain about "gen rushing" when that is the whole point of playing a survivor: Fix the generators and escape.
Lol, no, those ones are fine.

It's the ones that rush me with flashlights and fireworks, before even touching a generator.

When their objective is to fuck with me rather than the actual objective, is when I choose to be a dick back.

My guild would AFK follow me on runs back from raiding in EQ2 without telling me. Since my character was a Fae I would jump off cliffs to kill them and cause them to have to repair their gear.

I played a Dirge in the same game and we had healers who would not pay attention to their buff display in raids so I would randomly remove my hate gain buff from the main tank and put it on a healer to see if they were paying attention to their buffs display area.

Since we were one of the top guilds on our server we often atetmpted the contested raid mobs. So did other guilds. When guilds were gathering to attempt a contested mob, if another guild looked like they were going to get 24 people before us I would use my 2nd box ranger and sneak into the group of people gathering and fire an arrow at the raid mob, causing it to aggro to me. Then I would use my ranger skill to evac to a safe point and watch the raid mob wipe the other guild

Ambushed and destroyed the hearse during a funeral procession event in a GTA San Andreas roleplaying server. This was like a huge, server wide event that they explicitly warned people not to fuck with. They banned the wrong person in the chaos of like 100+ nerds frothing at the mouth. Everyone was PISSED.

So I took the opportunity to launch phase 2. I knew they were headed to the airport next so I beat them there and stole a plane. After getting shit under control, they move on with the event and eventually they do their bullshit of loading the "body" into their plane and get ready for takeoff.

Until I kamikazed into them seconds after they left the ground and instantly kill everyone in the vicinity. All the deaths from the explosion were logged as suicides and they couldn't figure out who to pin it on.

Pretty sure I've never pissed off more people at once than that night.

Last edited:
Ambushed and destroyed the hearse during a funeral procession event in a GTA San Andreas roleplaying server. This was like a huge, server wide event that they explicitly warned people not to fuck with. They banned the wrong person in the chaos of like 100+ nerds frothing at the mouth. Everyone was PISSED.

So I took the opportunity to launch phase 2. I knew they were headed to the airport next so I beat them there and stole a plane. After getting shit under control, they move on with the event and eventually they do their bullshit of loading the "body" into their plane and get ready for takeoff.

Until I kamikazed into them seconds after they left the ground and instantly kill everyone in the vicinity. All the deaths from the explosion were logged as suicides and they couldn't figure out who to pin it on.

Tell me someone got this on video?!? You sir are my idol.

I've never cheated, but I did used to team up with my roommates in "random" games of Counter Strike to mess with people. We'd join the opposite team and intentionally sabotage everything in funny ways. I don't think anyone ever suspected we were talking to one another.

Beyond that, I'm a notorious shit talker in fighting games. It pains me that voice chat isn't in SF5, since I'm actually pretty good at that turd.

(sings) Did I ever tell you you're my heeerroooo?

Played war thunder and typed "ramming speed" at the beginning of the game then rammed people on purpose. It's not against the rules but I still got a temp ban after a couple days because I pissed so many people off.

Lol I wish I have seen that!
The worst thing I've done to roleplayers was make a male orc warrior named Strawberry in WoW. I got reported countless times but GMs found it perfectly acceptable to be called Strawberry. RPers eventually accepted me but I did have to endure a lot of harassment because they couldn't ban me.

I remember doing some other things like map hacking in DayZ and playing with a friend who kept wondering how I'm finding all these enemy camps and vehicles, and I'm like "I don't know, I just run into them".
And a long time ago, used to chase and PK newbies in Lineage 2. But only with a high end dagger and no armor as you drop items on death. I would one shot them if I got to them, but because I had no armor I was very slow at moving so they could easily run away. Was so funny watching 20+ lvl 10s try to board a ship when they discover there's a lvl 50+ PK on there, they would scatter in all directions like chicken lol.

Reactions: socK
like this
In Verdun, some units can call in gas for cover on assault. Most of the gas isn't deadly, but you have to put on a gas mask which limits your field of view.

Except mustard gas, that will kill players if they take more than 1 second to get their masks on.

I mapped out trees and rocks that would drop gas into spawn areas because it usually takes a few seconds for people to realize they've respawned, but by the time that they did, they were already dying.

I botted diablo for a while after I got bored with the game. It got to the point where it was more fun to watch the bot play than actually play myself

I used to this Defcon, just set up the max CPU players and just watch it go all war games style.

Dude.... this is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, wish you had gotten a video. The rage must have been insane, especially the kamikaze plane hahaha.

Maybe select one of the “evil” choices in Mass Effect. Yeah that’s about as bad as I got.

I did wallhack in UT and Q3 though.

Spawn killing in BF2 till I got kicked and perma banned from every custom server in NA.

Gulf of Oman was my favorite, end of the runway with a TOW and in the belly of the Essex with the LAV.

Used to this in BF2142 in the APCs.

Thinking about D2 duplication tricks you could do to duplicate items and money! I think I still have my character files from those days too in backups.

Used bots and stuff to claim rare spawn monster in FFXI. MPK'd other groups that got claims. My guild was cut throat lol. I also used bots to make millions of gil in the game while I slept. I was a real bastard back then lol.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
I cheated in Starcraft 1, used a map hack for about a year then eventually got called out by the people I played with in one our tournaments, never cheated after that.

Town killed in Diablo 1 by standing on the side of Griswalds shop next to the road out of town, you couldn't see me.

Playing an online match of Unreal Tournament on Lava Giant, taking the enemies flag for my team, then jumping off the map into the lava right before I returned it to our home base just to troll my teamates.

Spray painting Faces of Death Gifs in Counterstrike Source.

I have never hacked in a game online, I have never deteriorated into a swearing racist hate filled rant. I have never rage quit or smashed a controller or hit my keyboard.
The worst I have done is maybe drive a dump truck around in APB and smash into others, or try to create road blocks.

Well, maybe getting shitfaced while raid leading and yelling *something* at our main tank, which none could figure out other than her name repeatedly, and I kept at it until she started to cry and the raid broke up.
I may be an ass, but I dont go out of my way to ruin other peoples fun. Thats not being an ass, thats being a waste of life.

I'm pretty tame. However, in Destiny 2 it is possible to kill other players outside the crucible using your sparrow. If someone is AFK, you can push them close to a wall (or off a cliff). If you push them up against a wall, (leave just a bit of space between them and the wall), you only need to get a running start and slam them into the wall while riding your sparrow. If you lined everything up just right they'll hit the wall hard enough to die.

I frequently do this to people AFK'ing in between raid boss pulls. If you see the icon denoting they are in a menu they'll never see it coming most of the time.

I've also found you can strait up kill people running into them in the open world. Those is much harder to do but if you hit someone straight on, they'll die. I've done this a handful of times. Bigger, blunter sparrows work well for this increasing your odds of success.

That's about the worst thing I do. Though in SWTOR PvP, I've occasionally developed a disdain for a specific individual and if we're losing with little hope of winning we would often grief that one player pretty hard.

I'm pretty tame. However, in Destiny 2 it is possible to kill other players outside the crucible using your sparrow. If someone is AFK, you can push them close to a wall (or off a cliff). If you push them up against a wall, (leave just a bit of space between them and the wall), you only need to get a running start and slam them into the wall while riding your sparrow. If you lined everything up just right they'll hit the wall hard enough to die.

I frequently do this to people AFK'ing in between raid boss pulls. If you see the icon denoting they are in a menu they'll never see it coming most of the time.

I've also found you can strait up kill people running into them in the open world. Those is much harder to do but if you hit someone straight on, they'll die. I've done this a handful of times. Bigger, blunter sparrows work well for this increasing your odds of success.

That's about the worst thing I do. Though in SWTOR PvP, I've occasionally developed a disdain for a specific individual and if we're losing with little hope of winning we would often grief that one player pretty hard.

With the titan charge you can hit the public event treasure chest reward off the edge of the map so no one gets it. My favorite thing to do. lol

Back