Worst PC game purchase this year?

BF3. At first I was enjoying it, and after about 10 hours I realized I pretty much felt it was terrible and was only playing because all my gaming buddies were.

Rage. Giant disappointment over all , lots of pretty textures married to lots of 2001 era textures. Lots of crash bugs , texture pop ups and weird graphical bugs. Over all a giant mess and a death of one of the originators of the FPS genre which directly confirmed in interviews that they have no interest in having the PC as lead platform and don't intend to use that model anymore :(

The BF3 complaints are a bit surprising.

Well somebody has to lose when playing a game and BF3 is one of them games where it is very easy to convince yourself that the reason you lost was unfair.

Well somebody has to lose when playing a game and BF3 is one of them games where it is very easy to convince yourself that the reason you lost was unfair.

I'm normally pretty good at first person shooter games. In most multiplayer games I can hit top 5 or better in a match consistently. In certain instances, I'm usually top 1 or 2 in most matches. (Such as 32 player matches in CoD4MW shipment map.) However I freely admit I kind of suck at Battlefield games. The team dynamic and my run and gun playstyle doesn't really serve me all that well for the most part. I am middle of the road at BF games at BEST.

@ 243, 244

Now the hype has settled people start to really see what Battlefield 3 is, another military shooter very much like COD8 but with vehicles and large maps. Yet some still insist this is a breath of fresh air and a huge lift for pc gaming.

@ 243, 244

Now the hype has settled people start to really see what Battlefield 3 is, another military shooter very much like COD8 but with vehicles and large maps. Yet some still insist this is a breath of fresh air and a huge lift for pc gaming.

It's a breath of fresh air as the game has support for all the things a PC game should. It's also (from what I can tell as I don't have a copy) a good, solid multiplayer shooter. I don't think it is anything more than an updated BF2 with largely different maps. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing. Is it revolutionary, no, not really. Every Call of Duty game is a rehash of Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. A great game yes, but it was a game from what 4 or 5 years ago at this point?

People that are mad about BF3 probably got caught up in the hype and bought a game they weren't going to like. I remember plenty of people getting sucked into purchasing SC2, but hate RTS, or buying Dragon Age Origins, but hate rpgs.

While that might be the case for some people, I usually find myself at the top of the leaderboard each round. 2.13kdr and 633 score/min.

Maybe that contributes to it as well. Its just a poorly made game in respects to replay value. Everyone continues to gravitate towards clusterfuck maps like Metro 64 Conquest and Operation Corridor or whatever its called. Its just not a battlefield game. Also getting sick of being killed a full second or two after getting behind cover, and half my deaths are from one bullet (despite it taking 5-10 hits on an enemy).

Anyways, some of my gripes might change the next chance I get to play BF3 with the patch and Back to Karkand installed.

I think this was the year that publishers shot themselves in the foot as far as pre-orders go.

Mistakes:

1. Bought Brink to get one of the "exclusive" pre-order add-ons. Game sucks and then all the extras are available as DLC. Lesson learned: It's not worth buying a crappy dinner to get a free cookie.

2. Renegade Ops (Steam)
I bought (pre-order) this when there was a lull in good PC games and we were waiting on all the big releases like BF3. Well, they delayed the game for like 6 weeks and when it did come out after the BF3 launch, I tried to play it with some friends and it would not run at all (bugs). My friends were trying to get me to replace some DLL, but it was just a mess.

3. Rift
I don't play WoW, but I love Guild Wars and I really wanted something I could enjoy while I wait for GW2. Rift looks amazing and it's nice to see a MMORPG that will tax an i7 2600k with dual GTX480s and surround screens. The game is actually pretty good and I enjoyed playing it, but I would always play it in spurts - like play for a week, then not for 2 weeks, and invariably, I would end up paying 2-3 months of subscription for 15-20 hours of play. Then cancel, then want to go back. Gah - I don't mind a subscription, per se, but I don't like the pressure of it. Also, Rift never quite "clicked" with me the way Guild Wars did and the group I tried to play with was all hard core and a bit crazy.

4. I bought MW3 because my son wanted CoD4:MW and it came free with MW3 and it seemed like if I ever wanted to get MW3, I should just buy it for the extra $40 (since I was spending 20 on CoD4). I should have just put both on my sons Steam account because he likes it, but I don't let him use my account...

5. NFS Hot Pursuit. Horrible console port, no graphics options and crashed constantly.

6. Buying Supreme Commander 1 on Steam (third purchase of this game) and it won't launch...

7. The A10 simulator - it's a great game and I used to love hard core flight sims, but I was completely unprepared to make the time and equipment investment. Bummer is I bought it for myself and my dad and we both tried to get into it and decided it was just too much. Nothing wrong with the game inherently though.

Satisfied:

1.I like BF3 but it's not as compelling as BC2 was for me. The poor NV Surround support is also really annoying.

2. Skyrim
I didn't buy for the PC because I expected to be fully engaged with BF3, but I rented it for the Xbox and ended up converting the rental to a purchase. I like playing on the couch on my new plasma TV, but I think I will end up buying it for the PC when the price drops. I don't usually go for single player games and skipped Oblivion but I really enjoyed Morrowind when it was released...

Unexpected:

1. Space Marine was actually fantastic. I really enjoyed the single player and about a week or two of the MP which is flawed, peer to peer and very consolized but very fun anyway. Of all the games this year, this one was the one I was the least sure of and the most surprised by. I hope they make a sequel with proper MP client/server support.

2. Tribes Ascend Beta
This shows promise, but I am so invested in Tribes that some disappointment is inevitable.

Lessons Learned:

1. Pre-ordering is the worst scam in gaming. The worst. For games I really like, I enjoy getting the exclusives and extras, but most of the time I just get burned. $60 dollar gambles on "digital" products that you can't test and can't return that invariably drop in price later? We're done here.

2. Surround Screen gaming seems to be going backwards. BF3 and Skyrim don't officially support it and while Space Marine claimed to support it, it was very very broken. I'll probably go to a 27" 120hz screen as soon as I can figure out which one actually works properly.

At this point, the only game I will pre-order is Guild Wars 2. I have all the GW1 Collectors Editions and plan to hold the tradition. For every other game, forget it.

It's a breath of fresh air as the game has support for all the things a PC game should.

They just, after one full month, added in Ping. There is no in-game voip. There are no separate sensitivity settings for vehicles. The game had negative mouse acceleration for nearly a month. It does crash a bunch, which does support your above assertion.:p

It's also (from what I can tell as I don't have a copy) a good, solid multiplayer shooter.

That can depend on what you consider solid. There are massive issues with hit registration. You can run a full 5ft. beyond the edge of cover and get hit a second later only to die. When you get revived, you realize just how screwed up the issue is. There are massive balance issues, such as everyone having to use an IR scope (which looks like the old BF2 aimbot videos) just to do well, myself included. Its so overpowered that every decent player uses it, and the rest are compelled to use the IR scope so they aren't put at a massive advantage. Although, this is purportedly fixed as of today's patch (I'm not holding my breath).

I don't think it is anything more than an updated BF2 with largely different maps. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing. Is it revolutionary, no, not really. Every Call of Duty game is a rehash of Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. A great game yes, but it was a game from what 4 or 5 years ago at this point?

I honestly don't think it feels like BF2 at all. There is very little sense of scale and an actual battlefield. The large maps have the play area bunched into the size of a typical 16-player BF2 map. There are about half as many vehicles, half as many flags, no commander, no real squad leader functions, no VOIP to communicate with squad mates, etc.

I am sure its worlds ahead of MW3, but as a successor to BF2, it falls flat on its face. I still haven't gotten sick of BF2 and 2142 after a combined 5000+ hours. BF3 has gotten me maybe 50?

They just, after one full month, added in Ping. There is no in-game voip. There are no separate sensitivity settings for vehicles. The game had negative mouse acceleration for nearly a month. It does crash a bunch, which does support your above assertion.:p

That can depend on what you consider solid. There are massive issues with hit registration. You can run a full 5ft. beyond the edge of cover and get hit a second later only to die. When you get revived, you realize just how screwed up the issue is. There are massive balance issues, such as everyone having to use an IR scope (which looks like the old BF2 aimbot videos) just to do well, myself included. Its so overpowered that every decent player uses it, and the rest are compelled to use the IR scope so they aren't put at a massive advantage. Although, this is purportedly fixed as of today's patch (I'm not holding my breath).

I honestly don't think it feels like BF2 at all. There is very little sense of scale and an actual battlefield. The large maps have the play area bunched into the size of a typical 16-player BF2 map. There are about half as many vehicles, half as many flags, no commander, no real squad leader functions, no VOIP to communicate with squad mates, etc.

I am sure its worlds ahead of MW3, but as a successor to BF2, it falls flat on its face. I still haven't gotten sick of BF2 and 2142 after a combined 5000+ hours. BF3 has gotten me maybe 50?

Interesting. I haven't played it but it almost sounds like the lack of features such as the commander might have been concessions made for consoles.

Interesting. I haven't played it but it almost sounds like the lack of features such as the commander might have been concessions made for consoles.

Well it is a console focused game. The developers even stated as much (after the game was released of course).

I would have to say my worst video game purchase of the year was Rage, I played all of 20 minutes of it. I think it was a combination of the game just not looking that great, and BF3.

Well it is a console focused game. The developers even stated as much (after the game was released of course).

This tired trope. What the developers said was mid-way through, they shifted focus to consoles in order to get it to completion.

To those who take PC Gaming as a religion, shifting focus during a project due to deadlines and varying levels of completion on each phase of the project is heresy. :rolleyes:

This tired trope. What the developers said was mid-way through, they shifted focus to consoles in order to get it to completion.

To those who take PC Gaming as a religion, shifting focus during a project due to deadlines and varying levels of completion on each phase of the project is heresy. :rolleyes:

This

BF3 is fantastic, im just not going to play it until its polished. I find no reason to spend time on a game that isn't finished.

Not that im unsatisfied with the game or hate it or anything. Hands down amazing. Im just patient, and have less time to game now days. The missing VOIP additions in this patch on tues 12/6/11 was very disappointing to say the least.

Portal 2 was the worst purchase that I made this year. Too easy, wasn't that funny, vast expanses of underground scenery that looked cool but you couldn't get to, one-third of the game was spent walking on two foot wide catwalks that couldn't be deviated from even though you have a gun that shoots portals, etc.

Portal 2 was the worst purchase that I made this year. Too easy, wasn't that funny, vast expanses of underground scenery that looked cool but you couldn't get to, one-third of the game was spent walking on two foot wide catwalks that couldn't be deviated from even though you have a gun that shoots portals, etc.

That's unexpected to me - I would have seen this as a GOTY contender.

Valve single player games are not where I would expect the ability to roam around. They have all been very linear, in the sense there is only one real path to take to advance. The story-telling, setting, and characters are what really makes valve games shine.

Man you're trolling hard tonight!!!

So they changed mid-way through, but up until the game was released gave everyone the verbal confirmation that it was in fact a PC-primary game. Real classy, DICE. Oh and how about "biggest BF maps yet", or "E-sports is our focus", or "commander assets will be passed down to individual players".

Real good defense there man. Sometimes you might want to think outside the hype and what propaganda is fed to you. If you try to defend the rampant lies DICE spewed out leading up to the game release, you're going to look like more of a fool.

It would be one thing if BF3 wasn't a poor excuse for a console port, then at least you could argue that they finished the PC enough, then shifted to Consoles. Its abundantly clear for the following reasons that PC was not a primary concern:

-Map size and layout are all setup for 24 players
-negative mouse accel
-720p loading screens with "saving" taken straight from the console versions
-no commo-rose (what is in there was an attempt to troll the community its so terrible)
-Mouse control of the jets auto-leveled
and the list goes on and on.

If you really think they were focused on PC as the primary platform, you are so blind it makes me sad for you.

Brink for me, payed $12 for it and I still felt ripped off. I've never been so bored with a multiplayer shooter before.

Man you're trolling hard tonight!!!

So they changed mid-way through, but up until the game was released gave everyone the verbal confirmation that it was in fact a PC-primary game. Real classy, DICE. Oh and how about "biggest BF maps yet", or "E-sports is our focus", or "commander assets will be passed down to individual players".

They didn't change mid-way through - they designed it for the PC, then...and let me say this slowly, as I think you need your pabulum spoon-fed...because at that point it appeared to them the console version needed additional resources to get to completion, they shifted people there. Of course, reason won't be good enough for you, but there it is.

Commander assets - spotting, supplies, mortars - all given to the individual player.

Real good defense there man. Sometimes you might want to think outside the hype and what propaganda is fed to you. If you try to defend the rampant lies DICE spewed out leading up to the game release, you're going to look like more of a fool.

No, your irrational hatred of the game was shown before it was even released - you clearly had your mind made up what kind of game BF3 would be months before release, and you're just continuing on with the same old tired bullshit ever since.

It would be one thing if BF3 wasn't a poor excuse for a console port, then at least you could argue that they finished the PC enough, then shifted to Consoles. Its abundantly clear for the following reasons that PC was not a primary concern:

-Map size and layout are all setup for 24 players

Maybe Metro, otherwise completely wrong. Most maps would feel dead with 24 players.

-negative mouse accel

Mouse and movement feels great to me in this game.

-720p loading screens with "saving" taken straight from the console versions

Oh jesus christ, the loading screen is 720p! The sky is falling!! If you looked past your blind hatred, you might see the most gorgeous MP FPS ever created, that absolutely pushes high-end systems to the max. Who gives a flying fuck what res the loading screen is in, seriously? And the "saving" I believe is actually saving your stats to battle log, so it is relevant. Even if not, to nit-pick to that level is to show how absurd you are.

-no commo-rose (what is in there was an attempt to troll the community its so terrible)

Yeah, the current implementation sucks. Lots of stuff implemented in PC games suck, to somehow try and blame this one on the consoles......

-Mouse control of the jets auto-leveled
and the list goes on and on.

If you really think they were focused on PC as the primary platform, you are so blind it makes me sad for you.

No, I'm sad for PC gamers if you're representative of the population. You're so damn blinded if any dev even SAYS the word console you lose any perspective.

Negative mouse accel was fixed in the first patch i believe.
Only real gripe left about the game is the VOIP fail.
My friends aren't always available to play at the same time as me. (With my already limited time)
Not using the microphone in such a strategy heavy game is pivotal
to my enjoyment.
Its why i quit WoW, i enjoyed the random BG's, but annoyed me to
no end that you couldn't freely mic talk with other people on your
team.

They didn't change mid-way through - they designed it for the PC, then...and let me say this slowly, as I think you need your pabulum spoon-fed...because at that point it appeared to them the console version needed additional resources to get to completion, they shifted people there. Of course, reason won't be good enough for you, but there it is.

As I said before, since it takes 3-4 posts to sink in for you: All the way up until almost a month after release, they claimed it was PC focused. You'd have an argument if the game wasn't more of a shitty console port than BC2 was (and they freely admitted that BC2 was a console port)

Commander assets - spotting, supplies, mortars - all given to the individual player.

Spotting wasn't a commander asset, the UAV was... and its not in this game in any form that is useful to the team. Supply drops are not in the game, what are you smoking? Mortars are not a replacement for artillery strikes by any measure. By your comments I am guessing you never even played BF2, yet here you are again asserting yourself on topics for which you have no clue.

For that matter, Bf2 had infantry spotting and support players with supplies, so they literally just removed the commander and lied to keep BF2 fans from cancelling their orders.

No, your irrational hatred of the game was shown before it was even released - you clearly had your mind made up what kind of game BF3 would be months before release, and you're just continuing on with the same old tired bullshit ever since.

And you know what's funny? It is a console port, it isn't a true sequel to BF2, etc etc. What was I wrong about? Oh that's right, I was one of the few who actually looked through the hype.

To be honest though, as a game (which is inevitably compared to COD these days), the game is acceptable. As a BF games, and more importantly a sequel to BF2, the game is God Damn Horrible.

Maybe Metro, otherwise completely wrong. Most maps would feel dead with 24 players.

Yet all but one or two of the maps have the same play area as BF2 16-player sized maps? Again, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Mouse and movement feels great to me in this game.

Wow, just wow. You have some low fucking standards.

Oh jesus christ, the loading screen is 720p! The sky is falling!! If you looked past your blind hatred, you might see the most gorgeous MP FPS ever created, that absolutely pushes high-end systems to the max. Who gives a flying fuck what res the loading screen is in, seriously? And the "saving" I believe is actually saving your stats to battle log, so it is relevant. Even if not, to nit-pick to that level is to show how absurd you are.

IT IS A SIGN THAT THEY PORTED EVEN THE MOST BASIC FEATURES FROM THE CONSOLES. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, TROLL??? Who honestly gives a shit about graphics if at its core its a failure?

How about no in game VOIP? How about a totally defunct squad system at launch? How about NO PING until 1.5 months after release. These are all signs that its a fucking console port.

No, I'm sad for PC gamers if you're representative of the population. You're so damn blinded if any dev even SAYS the word console you lose any perspective.

Funny, you said I was basically lambasting the game before release, and then all of a sudden I only do it when they admit its a console port? What they say is irrelevant because they lie about as much as possible. Its a console port because of the lack of basic features for a PC game which even most console ports don't neglect to include.

Negative mouse accel was fixed in the first patch i believe.

It was in BC2 for a while until it was patched out. BC2 was a console port as well. Negative Mouse accel is due to the aiming being geared towards thumbsticks.

I suppose my worst gaming purchase this year was The Witcher Enhanced Edition. To be honest I really didn't know much about it other than it was a highly acclaimed RPG and that the sequel was coming soon and people were excited about it. It was in the bargain bin at Wal Mart and I figured what the hell.

I just could not get into it at all. I played for probably two hours total over the course of two days and I didn't like it at all. Everything just felt way too complicated for my taste. Things like moving my character around on the screen or leveling up or other generally simple things felt like a huge chore and wasn't enjoyable at all for me. I hated the controls and hated how every step of the way required a steep learning curve.

I understand that there are a legion of gamers who like the challenge of a complicated and elaborate RPG like The Witcher - but it's clear that I'm definitely NOT a part of that legion, and know now to avoid such games :p

I suppose my worst gaming purchase this year was The Witcher Enhanced Edition. To be honest I really didn't know much about it other than it was a highly acclaimed RPG and that the sequel was coming soon and people were excited about it. It was in the bargain bin at Wal Mart and I figured what the hell.

I just could not get into it at all. I played for probably two hours total over the course of two days and I didn't like it at all. Everything just felt way too complicated for my taste. Things like moving my character around on the screen or leveling up or other generally simple things felt like a huge chore and wasn't enjoyable at all for me. I hated the controls and hated how every step of the way required a steep learning curve.

I understand that there are a legion of gamers who like the challenge of a complicated and elaborate RPG like The Witcher - but it's clear that I'm definitely NOT a part of that legion, and know now to avoid such games :p
Guess you need a game with "Press A to win".

Witcher even with its acclaim is noted to overwhelm the player and has a bad tutorial / prologue. Once you get past that you really get into it. Given you spent only 2 hours on it, your comment disqualifies you from passing any judgement on Witcher :p.

But seriously, give it a shot. It is one of the best RPGs and in my opinion far more simplistic compared to say Fallout NV or Oblivion etc.

Guess you need a game with "Press A to win".

Witcher even with its acclaim is noted to overwhelm the player and has a bad tutorial / prologue. Once you get past that you really get into it. Given you spent only 2 hours on it, your comment disqualifies you from passing any judgement on Witcher :p.

But seriously, give it a shot. It is one of the best RPGs and in my opinion far more simplistic compared to say Fallout NV or Oblivion etc.

Haha, well as much as I don't want to play an over-complicated game, I want to avoid the "press A to win" experience just as well :p

So you really think it's more simplistic than Fallout or Oblivion? Maybe you're right and I didn't spend enough time with it or something, but I'm seriously having my doubts about that lol. I still have the game installed but haven't played it since early this year so I've totally forgotten how to play the game and I really don't see myself starting over. I know it sounds dramatic, but I really did not like the experience at all. I hated the controls, hated the voice acting, hated the leveling and magic systems...

Two hours might be pretty slim, but was enough for me to experience the general mechanics, combat, leveling up, alchemy, etc. There's always the chance that I'll give it another go some day when I've got nothing else to play, but I can say with confidence that if I hate a game two hours in, then that game is just not for me. *shrugs*

Haha, well as much as I don't want to play an over-complicated game, I want to avoid the "press A to win" experience just as well :p

So you really think it's more simplistic than Fallout or Oblivion? Maybe you're right and I didn't spend enough time with it or something, but I'm seriously having my doubts about that lol. I still have the game installed but haven't played it since early this year so I've totally forgotten how to play the game and I really don't see myself starting over. I know it sounds dramatic, but I really did not like the experience at all. I hated the controls, hated the voice acting, hated the leveling and magic systems...

Two hours might be pretty slim, but was enough for me to experience the general mechanics, combat, leveling up, alchemy, etc. There's always the chance that I'll give it another go some day when I've got nothing else to play, but I can say with confidence that if I hate a game two hours in, then that game is just not for me. *shrugs*
Trust me you are jumping the gun on this game. There is tons of content in it and really worth exploring. Voice you will get used to as well.

Alright - fair enough. I won't get rid of the game. I'll hang onto it and who knows - I might eventually decide to give it another go.

With that said - I guess my other candidate for worst game purchase is Dead Island. I mean - it can be fun, and I like the melee combat, but the little quests started feeling repetitive to me. I don't know, I can't really explain it but Dead Island just felt disappointing to me. With The Witcher, I had no specific expectations of the game. With Dead Island, though, I was pretty excited about it. I suppose I just hyped it up in my head more than I should have and it didn't live up to the hype I created.

Valve single player games are not where I would expect the ability to roam around. They have all been very linear, in the sense there is only one real path to take to advance. The story-telling, setting, and characters are what really makes valve games shine.

While it's true that Valve doesn't do free-roaming I find it shitty that a portal gun can only make portals on a single white wall that leads to an exit. Instead of expanding on the concept they dumbed it down to the point of being playable by 5 year olds.

I'd just like to say that I'm glad I saved a measly $4.99 after playing BRINK during the free weekend on Steam. Wow, that game is just terrible in so many different ways!

As I said before, since it takes 3-4 posts to sink in for you: All the way up until almost a month after release, they claimed it was PC focused. You'd have an argument if the game wasn't more of a shitty console port than BC2 was (and they freely admitted that BC2 was a console port)
Game is awesome, I could care less if it was made on a pile of elephant dung, it is one of the best games we have had in a very long time.

Spotting wasn't a commander asset, the UAV was... and its not in this game in any form that is useful to the team. Supply drops are not in the game, what are you smoking? Mortars are not a replacement for artillery strikes by any measure. By your comments I am guessing you never even played BF2, yet here you are again asserting yourself on topics for which you have no clue.

For that matter, Bf2 had infantry spotting and support players with supplies, so they literally just removed the commander and lied to keep BF2 fans from cancelling their orders.

Good riddens to the commander, got I hated commander. Sit on your ass and do nothing and rack up points and ALWAYS take the Gold pin. Oh, not to point out obvious shit, but it might have escaped you so here goes: He was talking about all the crap the commander could do in BF2 is possible in BF3, just on an individual scale. Even your precious UAV type of scanning is done by the individual.

And you know what's funny? It is a console port, it isn't a true sequel to BF2, etc etc. What was I wrong about? Oh that's right, I was one of the few who actually looked through the hype.

To be honest though, as a game (which is inevitably compared to COD these days), the game is acceptable. As a BF games, and more importantly a sequel to BF2, the game is God Damn Horrible.

You and this port stuff.... it's a coined phrase. Give it a rest.

Yet all but one or two of the maps have the same play area as BF2 16-player sized maps? Again, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Say what?

Wow, just wow. You have some low fucking standards.
If your PC doesn't suck, the game runs great. Dec 6 patch really really improved mouse handling, game is as smooth as any I have played. I was actually quite shocked last night about this.

IT IS A SIGN THAT THEY PORTED EVEN THE MOST BASIC FEATURES FROM THE CONSOLES. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, TROLL??? Who honestly gives a shit about graphics if at its core its a failure?

How about no in game VOIP? How about a totally defunct squad system at launch? How about NO PING until 1.5 months after release. These are all signs that its a fucking console port.
This is a sign that you have some internal raging going on, maybe it's time to start a thread and let it all out. This thread WAS a list of peoples worst games they have bought, but you drug your rage in there and derailed it into ANOTHER BF3 thread. Yay!

Funny, you said I was basically lambasting the game before release, and then all of a sudden I only do it when they admit its a console port? What they say is irrelevant because they lie about as much as possible. Its a console port because of the lack of basic features for a PC game which even most console ports don't neglect to include.
Don't ever buy another EA title again... .ever. You'll show 'em

I thought this thread was about games that weren't worth the cost, not for defending titles you liked.

While it's true that Valve doesn't do free-roaming I find it shitty that a portal gun can only make portals on a single white wall that leads to an exit. Instead of expanding on the concept they dumbed it down to the point of being playable by 5 year olds.

Yes, that is unfortunate. I heard stories exactly like this and I decided not to buy it. What the hell is the point of a puzzle game if it isn't head-meet-desk difficult? At least that's the way I look at it.

I thought this thread was about games that weren't worth the cost, not for defending titles you liked.

Sorry, not every day I get called a troll, got a bit out of hand. :p Having an opinion is one thing, but to throw your (not you!) retarded opinions around like facts with no logic involved gets under my skin.

Yes, that is unfortunate. I heard stories exactly like this and I decided not to buy it. What the hell is the point of a puzzle game if it isn't head-meet-desk difficult? At least that's the way I look at it.

The Portal 2 single player was unfortunately dumbed down from the first in regards to difficulty. It was definitely still fun, and there was more dialogue which was a lot funnier (IMO).

However the co-op missions have some fairly hard to figure out puzzles, but perhaps me and my buddy just aren't that bright. ;)

Back