Votes: 8 5.0%
  • BioStar

Votes: 19 11.8%
  • Soltek

Votes: 37 23.0%
  • FOXCONN

Votes: 33 20.5%

• Total voters
Foxconn since dealing with all these Dell in Iraq has been a HUGE headache. Granted this is a custom mobo built for Dell, but that shouldnt mean its going to be worse. The capacitors leak and when you open them up to blow out the dust they almost always have to be returned to get a replacement board.

My personal #1 suck brand is FIC. They have fallen off the planet but they sure do suck.

Epox would be #2 then MSI as #3. MSI is on the list becuase they almost bankrupted my company. They refused to admit that there early Socket A boards had issues and I ended up replacing tons of them with other companies boards. (It was a very pricy lesson.) Now 4 years later they are finally going to fix the boards. Thanks....you are only 4 years to late. Bungholes :mad:

Another one would be Spacewalker....don't think they are even around anymore but the boards looked like they were made by a crack smoking monkey that had been going on an all week bender. Utter trash.

AACDIRECT said:
My personal #1 suck brand is FIC. They have fallen off the planet but they sure do suck.

I haven't used FIC since the Super7 days. And back then, FIC was who you bought if you wanted real speed. I actually sent my FIC PA-2013 2MB to be repaired; the L2 failed after 4 years. This isn't surprising. It ran a K6/3-450 at 600 non-stop, rock solid stable on air.

Occidio said:
Foxconn since dealing with all these Dell in Iraq has been a HUGE headache. Granted this is a custom mobo built for Dell, but that shouldnt mean its going to be worse. The capacitors leak and when you open them up to blow out the dust they almost always have to be returned to get a replacement board.

Something you have to understand is that Foxconn only fabs the boards. Dell designs and specifies every single component on those boards. Foxconn has no input in the design process, and just runs what Dell tells them to. If you compare a 'channel' Foxconn board and a Dell board, you'll immediately notice that the Dells invariably have different, cheaper components.
I've had the opportunity to eval several of Foxconn's 'channel' boards, including their 2200/2050 Opteron, and I have to say that it's an impressive board in all respects. Very well made, and utterly stable.

Favourite brand's in order are..

MSI
Giga-Byte
EPoX

Worst are in order..

Soyo
ECS/PCCHIPS
DFI (sorry but, killing ram, and killing cpu's w/xpert? argh)

Kinda like those HPs with Asus MOBOs?

I have to agree with ECS and PCShits being the worst The Chaintech Apogee series from a few years ago were pretty bad too.

Back