Worst ISP

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
Post your reason for nominating the worst ISP ;)

I don't know why I have such a huge chip on my should about AOL but anytime I try and help an AOL user - I just become extremely frustrated and disgusted.

I know not everyone knows a lot about PC's and I am far from knowing anything in the IT field but AOL users seem to have this nieveness (sp) about them :rolleyes:

AOL (ISP) just brain washes their customers and basically handicaps them from doing basic functions that common users should be able to perform

(i.e Clearing Cache, Clearing Cookies, Typing in the URL field, Know where the URL box is, using Outlook, etc etc etc)

AOL to me is just a crap service and it frustrates me that so many people are just signing up for this crap just because they sent you some junk mail CD.

I have seen numerous polls that point AOL as the worst ISP to date yet so many people still use them. People get mad when I tell them I will not email an AOL account. They just don't get it.

i am using earthlink right now and am not to thrilled.

First, My modem got toasted and it took them over two months and 4 phone calls for them to send me a new one.

second think is kinda strange, i have had their dsl for awhile and now they tell me it is no longer avalible in my area lol

anyway, just hasn't been a great experience IMO

k1pp3r said:
First, My modem got toasted and it took them over two months and 4 phone calls for them to send me a new one.

That is just retarded - I can't even remember 2 months ago let alone 4 months - how can they expect people to live w/o internet for that long :eek:

Second - DSL networks usually don't disappear over night - I am sure they spend million to inset this lines and switches to run dsl through - it may be down for upgrades which may be extensive or delayed but to just flat out say it is no longer availble is like telling customers - dont hold your breath and find another ISP. If an ISP tells me no broadband service available but we do offer dial-up, I am on the phone with company-b isp asking for broadband service before company-a knows I even hung up. ;)

My worst ISP is AOL
They would stop my account for no reason and they used to boot me offline every hour.

carloswill said:
Second - DSL networks usually don't disappear over night - I am sure they spend million to inset this lines and switches to run dsl through - it may be down for upgrades which may be extensive or delayed but to just flat out say it is no longer availble is like telling customers - dont hold your breath and find another ISP. If an ISP tells me no broadband service available but we do offer dial-up, I am on the phone with company-b isp asking for broadband service before company-a knows I even hung up. ;)

Well earthlink doesn't own most of their lines, here bellsouth owns just about all of them and they offer 3.0Mb dsl where earthlink maxes out at 1.5Mb, What i'm thinkin is customers don't want to pay the telcom charge to use bellsouths lines which took away from earthlinks profits.

I've only ever had one ISP, Cox Cable, San DIego, as there is no other option here. I've lived in about 5 places here in San Diego all with the same Cox, and LAN'ed on another 5 or so. Cox is pretty much identical at any place except for when i lived on the college campus. I was so fed up with them by the time i left i swore up and down my next place would be near the CO so i could get DSL. Well the house i'm in now i couldn't pass on, and i'm back on Cox. The area i live in now has above ground lines (first time i've been on that) and once again my hate for cox has been renewed. When it works, Cox is awsome, no complaints.....but for the past 2 weeks all 3 cox services will just cut out (phone, tv, internet) and sometimes go down for the night. I've called Cox soooo many times over these 2 places i've lived it's not even funny. I had so many credits to my account, and make them send their techs out so much there's no way they could possibly be making any money from me. I guess they are a good ISP since they do send techs out, and credit my account but overall i hate them as a provider. My parents have had cox at their place for 20 years without a single problem, same with my g/f's parents, same with my buddies ect, but in the last 2 places i've lived, nothing but issues with them. So they've got my vote for worst ISP :p

^^^^maybe cox just likes pissing you off and turns services off on purpose ;)

k1pp3r said:
^^^^maybe cox just likes pissing you off and turns services off on purpose ;)

You know it's funny, i was thinking that too.....lol

I remeber reading an article on the internet about a man and his experiance with MSN. from what i remeber, it wouldnt work worth crap, MS didnt help, so he sued them for the money back of the months he couldnt use and and unsuccessfully sued for the amount of time it took him to repair it. I think he did get his money back for the several months it wasnt working.

Back