Worst Game You Ever Played ?

The most dissappointing (hard to say worst) in recent memory is MW2 for PC. A boring SP shooter and a MP which was a huge step backwards from than the original. I have stopped playing it, and its sequels officially off my "must buy" list. I dont pay $60 (a ridicuous price) for a watered down game, Ill stick to L4D2.

People tried to share similar sentiments in the many threads prior to MW2's release...you were warned. :p

And I totally agree about Far Cry 2. Driving large distances between missions got old, and the game became somewhat repetitive and tedious. But it is NOT the worst game I have ever played, and I refuse to believe it's the worst game any of you have played either. If you say it is, you've only played two games in your life or you're just hopping on the hate wagon for the sake of slamming the game. There are worse games out there...keep playing and you'll find them, I promise.

im extremely impartient with bad games, ill literally quit out a demo of a game in < 3 minutes if I'm not feelin it and never look back
so I dont play bad games long enough to determine which one is the absolute worse

Judging from the responses in this thread, not very many of you have played either Rebellion or Force Commander. I am extremely jealous of you people.

Battletoads for the NES.

What starts off as a super awesome game quickly becomes a lesson in frustration. It's weird how after a while the first three levels are no longer fun.

IDK about worst game ever, but the worst I ever played was Mount & Blade (the demo). my GOD, that game was a joke. Like something a history professor would make if they were given a team of game developers. Graphics were beyond pathetic - DAGGERFALL looked better - and the gameplay felt like a chore. It gets my vote.

So I did in fact play ET for the Atari in my younger days. I still have the cartridge. I really didn't enjoy Far Cry at all. Maybe it's just not my style of game. I ended up using a walkthrough to get through it as quickly as possible after the first level or two just to see the storyline. Thief: Deadly Shadows has to be the game with the worst controls I've suffered through the complete game of. I've played a lot of crappy games in my day, but those 2 kind of stand out as the worst I've played to completion.

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing was horrible.

Mercenaries. Being stuck in 3rd person view sucked.

Daikatana. Graphics and gameplay were mediocre, at best.

Worst game I ever played was Jeopardy on the PC. It had a bug that always let player 1 buzz in first, no matter what. If you were stuck being player 2 the resulting rage would make your head explode.

Not the absolute worst, but the worst game I've played in recent memory is Lost Planet for the PC. Absolutely atrocious game. The game throws enemies that move like those from Devil May Cry at you while giving you a character that controls like one from Resident Evil 2. You'll see attacks coming a mile away and will be helpless to avoid them. The most athetic thing the character can do is a very gimped jump that does nothing to help dodge attacks.

Add to this that the game is a fuck-awful port (the last of Capcom's shitty ports) with Xbox controls on every screen, compulsory GFWL, no way to adjust controls in-game and incorrect key binding prompts on-screen when playing, and Lost Planet is a terrible game through and through. How it scored 8s and 9s is beyond me.

PC - Dark Messiah M&M
SNES -Shaq Fu, Mario Is Missing, Wayne's World, Rise of the Robots (I know.. it looked good for its time.. but collision detection sucked.. annoyed the hell out of me...)

Hmm. I loved Dark Messiah, one of the few games I beat and thoroughly enjoyed.. :/ Sad to hear people didn't like it.

My vote would be for one of the many games that was demoed on the PC Gamer CDs in the 90s. I'm positive one of those was the worst game.
I started playing games with King's Quest 3 and Space Quest 1 ('86). PC gamer for life.

I don't know about worst, but the most disappointing of the last few years for me were Far Cry 2 for PC and Scribblenauts for the DS. Both initially fun, both revealed to be horrible games once you got past the first few hours, both wasted potential since they could have been so much better with more work and polish.

far cry 2 was such a let down - i loved the original and the second instalment had absolutely nothing in common with the first. Its criminal they can have the same title.

I have on my desk some Star Trek RTS game, terrible.

People tried to share similar sentiments in the many threads prior to MW2's release...you were warned. :p

And I totally agree about Far Cry 2. Driving large distances between missions got old, and the game became somewhat repetitive and tedious. But it is NOT the worst game I have ever played, and I refuse to believe it's the worst game any of you have played either. If you say it is, you've only played two games in your life or you're just hopping on the hate wagon for the sake of slamming the game. There are worse games out there...keep playing and you'll find them, I promise.

Far Cry 2 probably isn't the worst I've ever played but it's the one I hate the most.

Far Cry 2 probably isn't the worst I've ever played but it's the one I hate the most.

That's a fair assessment. :) After experiencing the original Far Cry, FC2 was definitely a disappointment. The graphics were nice, but I felt it had very little in common with the original game. Like others, I think it's a shame that it bore the Far Cry name and it would have been better off as a standalone game. It wouldn't have been any more fun, but it would have made it much less disappointing. Far Cry blew a lot of people away in 2004, and the "sequel" alienated many gamers that were expecting bigger and better, or at least a game that had some resemblance to the original.

Yeah well, people always piss and moan so much of how awful a game is going to be BEFORE it is actually released that I stopped listening along time ago. This is the one time they actually proved correct.

What I am angry about are the so called "game reviews" who totally glossed over what watered down game MW2 is. IGN for example, gave the PC version a 9.5, what a crock! How does a game that costs more and offers less actually scores better than the original? Personally I wouldn't have given it a 9.5 for the console version.

Yeah well, people always piss and moan so much of how awful a game is going to be BEFORE it is actually released that I stopped listening along time ago. This is the one time they actually proved correct.

Absolutely.

Far Cry 2 is easily the best looking but least fun and most "anti-incentive" piece of software that I've ever played in recent memory at least.

It's a gorgeous tech demo.

What I am angry about are the so called "game reviews" who totally glossed over what watered down game MW2 is. IGN for example, gave the PC version a 9.5, what a crock! How does a game that costs more and offers less actually scores better than the original? Personally I wouldn't have given it a 9.5 for the console version.

Even PC Gamer let me down on that and lost credibility in my eyes along with every other outlet that kissed this thing's ass because of the admittedly gorgeous production values.

Trespasser, good old fashioned fail. Horribly written and just a miserable experience.

I didn't like Far Cry 2 but I don't think it's close to the worst game ever. Perhaps everyone keeps mentioning it because it's fairly recent.

Trespasser, good old fashioned fail. Horribly written and just a miserable experience.

I didn't like Far Cry 2 but I don't think it's close to the worst game ever. Perhaps everyone keeps mentioning it because it's fairly recent.

I think people keep mentioning Far Cry 2 not because it was the worst game they ever played, but because it was the most disappointing game they ever played.(or one of the most). Going into Far Cry 2 I expected a great game, and at first it really seemed like that's the way it was going to go. That drive in with the Taxi? I thought I was in for some real storytelling.

That drive in with the Taxi? I thought I was in for some real storytelling.

And indeed you were! Epic!!! GOTY!

(unfortunately I am serious...)

Worst? I can think of some Atari 2600 games that shouldn't have made store shelves...

For PC I think I'd put some of the third-person perspective games in there... I just cannot get into the TPP stuff... It must have started with Oddworld on the Xbox, as I am watching a runthrough of the entire game, and it reminded me of the issues I had with the game, and where the game would decide to put the camera that follows the action...

The thing about Far Cry 2 is it's not even one of those bad games you can play and laugh at. It's just boring, there is nothing special, funny, or fun about it. It is so tedious I would rather sit in the dark room alone than play that game.

The thing about Far Cry 2 is it's not even one of those bad games you can play and laugh at. It's just boring, there is nothing special, funny, or fun about it. It is so tedious I would rather sit in the dark room alone than play that game.

Is it that bad? I never got into Far Cry at all. Is it repetitive?

The only thing semi-repetitive are the gun dealer missions... But you need to do those to be able to purchase better weapons... The more annoying thing about those missions though is that they tend to be all the way on the other side of the map... True, it's actually logical for it to be the other side of the map, but still...

Since it makes sense to do those missions first, it actually initially makes the game look repetitive and annoying, since you're traveling to opposite ends of the map to complete them while seemingly accomplishing the same goal each time...

I think people keep mentioning Far Cry 2 not because it was the worst game they ever played, but because it was the most disappointing game they ever played.(or one of the most). Going into Far Cry 2 I expected a great game, and at first it really seemed like that's the way it was going to go. That drive in with the Taxi? I thought I was in for some real storytelling.

You nailed it all exactly.

The taxi was the beginning and the end of any pretense of any so called story or narrative.

The first one is considerably better. It's actually a real game where you actually have impact in the world and can actually do something and have a sense of progress and accomplishment instead of just a gorgeous tech demo in a glass bubble where everyone and everything looks eerily identical and respawns into infinity like the second one.

Demon Sword for the NES. I remember buying that game as a kid using my allowance, and beating it in less than a day. Every stage was virtually the same, the enemies were the same, the bosses were the same...I think that was one of the first games that I felt completely disgusted with.

Strangely, I remember playing E.T. on the 2600 plenty of times and enjoying it, but then again, when the game released I was only 3 years old :p

Every gun dealer mission is the same and every medicine mission is the same. There are guard posts on the roads that respawn in pretty much no time at all, meaning every time you pass one you have to fight it. Far Cry 2 is not an open world, the game is still on tracks which are roads cut into the mountains. Oh and you'll spend 70+% of the game driving around the roads and stopping every 30 seconds to fight guard posts.

I would have to say any of the games in the Splinter Cell series on PC. A typical gameplay scenario involves going through the same 5 minutes of the game 15x to do exactly what the game wants in order to get to the next part, repeat.

Even the first level of Chaos Theory is sadistically impossible to figure out logically on the first try.

sigh... Rush 'n attack for the NES. One hit and you were dead. and I couldn't seem to NOT get hit. Probably not worst game ever, but one that will be forever burned in my mind.

sigh... Rush 'n attack for the NES. One hit and you were dead. and I couldn't seem to NOT get hit. Probably not worst game ever, but one that will be forever burned in my mind.

reminds me of ikari warriors, man i hated that game on nes.

Back