Worst Game Ever Made

I watched a preview of SuperMan 64 and Ohhh myyy.
Im glad I never had the chance to play that game.
Its superman how can you F up a game so bad.

E.T - Im afraid to look.

I think more people harp on ET than it truly deserves. Don't get me wrong - it's a piece of crap, but there are worse games. Like I said above - Action 52 for NES is an abomination. Imagine 52 games on the NES that are all Atari-2600 grade but with horrible controls, awful graphics, non-existent music (although the game menu selection surprisingly opens up with a sample from Rob Base's "It takes two" - don't ask me), and games that sometimes bug out and crash at startup. Anyways... It really does have to be seen to be believed. I've played it firsthand and really - it's head and shoulders above the rest in the shit-stain category.

E.T. for Atari or Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde for NES. either one of these will cause cancer.

I was watching a video about the "worst games ever", and I think I'd like to make a point that, in order to be the worst game ever, it has to A) have actually been released to the general market, and B) can't have been made with the purpose of being the worst game ever. I've seen people call "Desert Bus" one of the worst games ever, but I don't think it counts because it was made to be the worst game on purpose, and it didn't even get a retail release.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes of the Lance (NES)
Fugly, obtuse, unfinished, and unpolished. And, above all, not fun.

Yea... I saved up a few months of allowance when I was very young to buy that. What a fucked up game.

That game was terrible. "Hey, let's glorify rape and genocide, but we won't even make the game fun!"

Bullet Witch for the 360.

It was the game that forced me to start doing my research on everything I buy and make smart choices.

Festers Quest.
and somewhere near that one, Steel Diver.

Bleh, what shit.

As I read the thread title, that was one of the first games that came to mind. "What do you mean there are no saves?" "You have to start completely over if you die?"

As I read the thread title, that was one of the first games that came to mind. "What do you mean there are no saves?" "You have to start completely over if you die?"

I purposely didn't want to start talking about it, because this tirade would soon develop into some incoherent string of words that may eventually just turn into random grunting and convulsions. Even now I'm debating throwing some jab in the next sentence, but it may be best to just let it go...

Stupid game gave me nightmares as a kid. I HATE that game.

I think more people harp on ET than it truly deserves. Don't get me wrong - it's a piece of crap, but there are worse games.

I'd agree with this. ET is basically like what a high school student would code in study hall over the course of a couple days. It's just that it was based off a highly successful movie and was mass produced to more than the amount of systems made that made it "worst game ever".

As for my own personal worst game? That's tough. As another person has stated, what defines worst? It would probably be some no name indie title none of us have ever played. Anyway, there are too many games today which are just uninspired and full of game crippling bugs that I can't answer this. But I know what my most hated game ever is (Myst).

Bullet Witch for the 360.

It was the game that forced me to start doing my research on everything I buy and make smart choices.

I think I've heard of it, but I've never played it. What made you interested in getting it, originally?

I owned E.T. for Atari :D

honestly, people bash this game because it is the norm. I got this game as a kid for christmas and I played the hell out of it. Even today, it isn't that bad of a game it is just associated with the crash and therefore will forever be 'the worst game ever'

there are FAR worse games out there than E.T.

I purposely didn't want to start talking about it, because this tirade would soon develop into some incoherent string of words that may eventually just turn into random grunting and convulsions. Even now I'm debating throwing some jab in the next sentence, but it may be best to just let it go...

Stupid game gave me nightmares as a kid. I HATE that game.

AGREED!

honestly, people bash this game because it is the norm. I got this game as a kid for christmas and I played the hell out of it. Even today, it isn't that bad of a game it is just associated with the crash and therefore will forever be 'the worst game ever'

there are FAR worse games out there than E.T.

I played the hell out of it too, just like I played the hell out of Superman 64. A bored kid will play anything, doesn't mean the game isn't total shit.

Half Life 2
il1jaw.gif

But in all honestly the worse game I think I can remember (i might have suppressed some of the real stinkers) is Zeno Clash, boring, stupid, annoying. Everything I look for when I sit down to play a game.

Bioshock 2
Pretendquel shilled out to a map making studio and basically lied about it
Completely conflicting writing to the original
Boring repetitive combat (they literally recycle big daddies at the end with bs made up names)
Graphics worse than the original
GFWL broken as fuck
On disc DLC

This game gets it because it's like the prototype for all the worst practices companies are now apologizing for and backing away from and worse it was just fucking shallow and boring. It's easily the most disappointing game I've ever played.

This is in contrast to a lot of bitching I do about FarCry 2. I think the biggest difference is that FarCry2 is a beautiful game that just went so wrong somewhere. I don't know where honestly. Yeah it was done by a third party studio but they had some cool ideas and the engine was awesome looking with the burning bushes and the disgusting self-repairing. I'll even defend the gun and car failures to the extent that they had a neat concept they just needed to dial it back. Its strange that I finished farcry 2 many years after it came out and they never got around to fixing the guns at least so they wouldnt wear out after 5 or 6 shots. I kind of have to admit I finished FaCry 2 while recovering from surgery so I was in a codone induced haze through most of its 150,000 repeats of the same 3 missions but I wouldn't call it the worst game ever just a really sad waste of potential. I think a team could of clean it up really easily.

Actually own and still have E.T. for my Atari. I played the shit outta that game. It wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I love people that bash it that never played it simply because someone else says its shit. I also had no issues with Fester's Quest either. You couldn't do it without a rapid fire controller and you had to sit in the first road and level your gun all the way to missiles which could take forever. The problem with it, like many NES games, was whether the game would start to fragment and then eventually lock up.

ET may of been very simple and very short, but at least it was a complete game. Big Rigs didn't even work right as a game.

E.V.O
for super NES......horrible

The one where u evolve your dinosaur and u can mix and match diff type of bodies?

i replayed it once for nostalgia and wasn t as great as i remembered, wasn't the master piece i remember it when i was a young but still had decent platforming and rpg elements...
unless you don't like it for teaching evolution wrong :D

i played E.T. and when i was young and man was it awful , just couldn t figure out what to do back then and just thought it was too hard, but yeah it was crap.

but how do u decide whats the worst game gameplay vs shitty story? In the atari days
there wasn't any story and nes games were very limited on cartridge space.

All i'm saying is there are many worst games depending on type of gameplay and story and platforms.

So to put my two cents in , I'd consider Soldier of fortune II to be the crappiest shooters i've ever played.

I think a lot of games that are considered the "worst", are simply rushed unfinished games with bugs.

I think a lot of games that are considered the "worst", are simply rushed unfinished games with bugs.

Not always. Games like Superman 64 and ET weren't terrible because of bugs, they were terrible because they had bad graphics, bad gameplay, terrible controls, and no sense of direction. And they just weren't fun. Bugs can make a good game bad, or a bad game absolutely terrible, though.

Back