Worst CPU's of all time?

Well they lack hyperthreading, too.
If you use Hyper Threading on P-cores then each thread isn't much faster than E-core so in that sense with HT enabled you get similar performance out of each thread if you use all of them.
Personally I do not like HT/SMT because of performance issues this tech can cause.

Existence of E-cores does not cause any performance issues.
E-cores unlike Hyper Threading or AMD's SMT do not require anything sophisticated to have threads being scheduled efficiently.
There is issue with E-cores on Windows 10 when application doesn't use all hardware threads but only because with power saving features enabled throttling cores to 800MHz you need to specifically tell Windows which cores should be scheduled with higher priority because task scheduler will treat them the same and will schedule threads on E-cores and P-cores. Windows (at least with high performance power plan) will however always schedule foreground application to fastest cores so if you make P-cores always have higher clock than E-cores you would guarantee P-cores cores would be used first - so even with Windows 10 it is possible to have Raptor Lake and eat it too.

Windows 11 knows what E-cores are so here no need to tweak anything.

Existence of E-cores does not cause any performance issues.
For the most part. Some people are finding it's better to disable them in a handful of tasks. Luckily they have a 1 button toggle for them.

*Edit* Anyways this is all irrelevant. Neither Intel E cores or Ryzens belong on a worst cpus list.

E-core is normal core, just slower than P-cores. Still not terribly slow and actually comparable in performance to Skylake CPUs.
On my 13600KF with E-cores overclocked from 3.9GHz to 4.3GHz I got performance between Core i7 9700 and 9700K in Cinebench on E-cores alone. Games also run fine on them.

Applications do not need special support for E-cores.
Not to some operating systems 😇. And not to some workloads. Depends on your scheduler. Mine don’t acknowledge that they exist. And can’t tell the difference. That results in odd performance.

For the most part. Some people are finding it's better to disable them in a handful of tasks. Luckily they have a 1 button toggle for them.
Not to some operating systems 😇. And not to some workloads. Depends on your scheduler. Mine don’t acknowledge that they exist. And can’t tell the difference. That results in odd performance.
Not sure how all OSes and/or programs behave but surely there might be some unexpected behaviors if OS cannot figure out it should schedule threads to P-cores first. That would depend I guess on kernel/system version. It is definitely something people experienced on Alder Lake in the past.
For that matter Win11 implementation of "Thread Director" is by default also causing issues and something similar might happen on Linux until its configured differently.

Safest option software-wise is one core type and without HT/SMT enabled and this is unchanging truth.

Back