Worst Company In America: EA vs. Anheuser-Busch

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have a feeling Electronic Arts is going to easily take this round of Worst Company In America. This is definitely a no-brainer, a beer company on its worst day is better than EA on its best day. Why? Because it's beer. :D

Electronic Arts came out of nowhere last year to take home the Golden Poo for Worst Company In America, and though the video game golem had promised it would improve, there are a lot of customers out there who would disagree. Just ask the throng of people who shelled out money for the wildly popular new SimCity game, only to find they couldn’t play because EA hadn’t fully thought out the always-online requirement that it spent so much time building into the game but swears is not a crippling form of DRM.

People love their beer put I suspect still EA will deservedly garner the lion's share of the hate :D

Oh my, EA is going to get SLAMMED. Beer generally still gets you drunk even if it tastes like shit, so it's hard to fault them for that.

Really? Short of being owned by a foreign investor now, why is A-B even on this list?? I don't drink beer so maybe that's why I don't have a clue. This one should come out at worst like 99% - 1% against EA.

Tough one for me, if I drink Budweiser I'm hung over before I finish my 3rd one. Not sure what they do to their beer but.. Uhg, gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Really? Short of being owned by a foreign investor now, why is A-B even on this list?? I don't drink beer so maybe that's why I don't have a clue. This one should come out at worst like 99% - 1% against EA.

There are some decent beers on that list, but none of them rise to the level of great. Most of the OK ones were OK before they were bought up. Who can say how long they will remain OK?

The beers that are more native to the Budweiser brand are just awful. While there may be some that acquired a taste (or tolerance) for them, they are honestly not very good. They all have the same after taste and tend to be gas inducing.

Budweiser's native beer selection is like if every soda produced by pepsi still had an after taste of the regular pepsi cola. Try to imagine their orange soaa with a hint of that flavor. Rough.

Tough one for me, if I drink Budweiser I'm hung over before I finish my 3rd one. Not sure what they do to their beer but.. Uhg, gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Sounds like a beer allergy to me. I'm not kidding. My dad has the exact same thing if he consumes even small amounts of PBR.

On the topic, it's very easy to convince me to buy a beer but it's very difficult to convince me to buy an EA game.

EA will announce a half assed apology for screwing up for not winning this coveted award.

This is a pretty hard choice. On one hand you have a company that produces complete abominations of something I love, on the other......... Wait that is both companies. DAMN YOU HARD CHOICES!!!!!!

The human that enjoys a tall cold can of Natural Ice while playing Madden is the worst human.

AB being as shitty as EA would mean AB would sell you a six pack box, but with 3 beers missing out of it.
The 3 missing ones cost the same as the first 3 beers in the box.

AB being as shitty as EA would mean AB would sell you a keg with a hole in it, then scramble to fix that hole in half assed ways after selling it to you, knowing full well the hole was there.

AB is not as shitty as EA.

AB being as shitty as EA would mean AB would sell you a six pack box, but with 3 beers missing out of it.

AB being as shitty as EA would mean AB would sell you a keg with a hole in it, then scramble to fix that hole in half assed ways after selling it to you, knowing full well the hole was there.

Valid points but AB is as bad as EA because they promise you a 6 pack of beer, and give you 6 cans of water will piss flavored food coloring and say you will like it because we said so. AB = EA

There are some decent beers on that list, but none of them rise to the level of great. Most of the OK ones were OK before they were bought up. Who can say how long they will remain OK?

The beers that are more native to the Budweiser brand are just awful. While there may be some that acquired a taste (or tolerance) for them, they are honestly not very good. They all have the same after taste and tend to be gas inducing.

Budweiser's native beer selection is like if every soda produced by pepsi still had an after taste of the regular pepsi cola. Try to imagine their orange soaa with a hint of that flavor. Rough.

I understand, but AB just makes a crappy product that isn't up to par with others in its field. EA makes broken products so as to even provide a comparison to others in its field. On the one hand, one is just lousy. On the other, its plain broke and they lie to you about it. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

The main reason why I ask that AB is even on this list is I don't ever recall ever hearing them in the new for anything wrong at all. Of course, I heard they make crappy beer, but then there are lots of other industries who make crappy products too. Again, I don't really drink beer but I suppose you could pair that Budweiser up with a Swansons frozen dinner :p

Valid points but AB is as bad as EA because they promise you a 6 pack of beer, and give you 6 cans of water will piss flavored food coloring and say you will like it because we said so. AB = EA

I understand, but AB just makes a crappy product that isn't up to par with others in its field. EA makes broken products so as to even provide a comparison to others in its field. On the one hand, one is just lousy. On the other, its plain broke and they lie to you about it. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

The main reason why I ask that AB is even on this list is I don't ever recall ever hearing them in the new for anything wrong at all. Of course, I heard they make crappy beer, but then there are lots of other industries who make crappy products too. Again, I don't really drink beer but I suppose you could pair that Budweiser up with a Swansons frozen dinner :p

I think ravx25 put it will, see bolded part.

I can buy a six pack from AB with confidence that I can go home, crack it open, and drink the piss that I know I'm buying. With EA, will it be what was promised, or completely off the mark? I don't know until I get home/download the game.

The results are in!

EA: 91.98%
AB: 8.02%

And the loser is....EA! On to the next round, versus Facebook.

A-B has more reliable servers.

I don't drink Bud, but it's a reliable revenue source for sports and dive bars and places like VFW halls, so it's not all bad.

When AB was bought out they laid of a SHITLOAD of people here in St. Louis. That might be part of the reason it is on the list.

I think EA will win mainly because most people have no idea who the hell Anheuser-Busch are, or what they do? :p

I'll happily vote EA all the way to the "championship", based on the Sims launch, and their apparent general disdain for the end consumer who drives their business.

I saw an ad for the new Tiger Woods game today. Took about 3 seconds for me to realize I can't with good conscience ever buy another EA game. Even if it's one of my old favorites like Tiger or Madden. And I've been playing Madden steadily since 1992 (my first year of college...) I hope other formerly loyal customers are following suit........

If AB was as shitty as EA, they'd deny that the hole was a problem and attach a condom onto the hole as a "solution"

The winner of this WCIA is pretty obvious considering the target audience and the fact the whole SimCity thing happened like last week. To make things interesting they should have just left EA out of the whole competition an picked a different company as WCIA, and then at the end held another vote for "Do you think EA deserves a gold poo as much or more than this years WCIA winner Yes/No?" and when the result was overwhelmingly yes just announced 2 WCIA's this year.

If A-B beers were as lousy as so many think, they would go out of business. There are plenty of other beers in the stores, just pick the one you like. Funny thing, though, more people drink Bud in the U.S. than any other beer, even though there are lots of other beers that are cheaper, including at last look, Michelob! Mich used to be A-B's premium brand, but somehow got forgotten. Me, I don't care either way; I buy whichever American beer is on sale. Unless the beer has gone bad, to me it's a good beer. And no lemons, limes or funny flavors in my beer, please, if you don't like the taste of beer, then why buy it? There's plenty of fruity drinks out there; but I guess most guys just like people to think they like a little beer with their fruit flavors, and don't want to have their masculinity suspect because they like fruit flavored drinks instead of hops.

Since when is Anheuser-Busch a bad company? What is bad about it?

Or is this just hipsters patting themselves on the back because they shun cheap beer?

The winner of this WCIA is pretty obvious considering the target audience and the fact the whole SimCity thing happened like last week. To make things interesting they should have just left EA out of the whole competition an picked a different company as WCIA, and then at the end held another vote for "Do you think EA deserves a gold poo as much or more than this years WCIA winner Yes/No?" and when the result was overwhelmingly yes just announced 2 WCIA's this year.

I don't know - EA versus Facebook in the second round is going to be a really tough choice.

EA's influence is limited to gaming. Facebook is like a cancer that's affecting the Internet at large. It's everywhere: like this, share this, connect with us, follow us. The Like button tracks you every time it appears. I'm tired of the privacy violations and sick of companies trying to portray themselves as "hip" because they're on Facebook.

But yeah, EA did eff up SimCity pretty badly. If it fends off Facebook, it'll probably win WCIA.

Back