Worms Reloaded coming to Steam August 26th

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
Just saw this while digging around the Steam site looking for any midweek sales.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22600/

I had no idea there was a new Worms game coming out, let alone for PC, let alone Steam, let alone looking this good. Bodycount mode sounds awesome.

IT'S ABOUT BLOODY DAMN TIME TEAM17!
You guys let me down with Worms 360...the game had so much promise, I was so happy when the first few soundbanks and maps rolled out and I snagged everything up on day 1. Then....nothing else. No new DLC.

Please - keep the support coming for this new one, k? I still love you guys.
And for the love of God - bring back ALL OF THE WEAPONS. I want the Holy Hand Grenade, I want the homeless old bag lady. It looks like there's some good stuff being added...weapons, game modes, etc. I'm happy about that. I know you're saying you're bringing back old weapons, you say HHG is in there....but keep 'em coming. Bring back EVERYTHING.

Just seriously - keep the support up.
And a 50% off sale the first weekend wouldn't hurt either. :D along with a 4pack sale deal too. ;)

if its worms im in. my very very first multiplayer game was worms 2 then worms armageddon. skipped world party i think it was called... 3D had too many glitches...
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

awesome. I play worms on my 360 and on my iPhone all the damn time... such an awesome game.

I really REALLY hope they add in native 360 controller support. Either way, I'm glad to see this. I'd love to see another lemmings game too :D

I love me some worms. And I also love me some Steam. If they make a 4 pack deal or have a good sale, I will definitely purchase.

nice. been a while since i played a worms game. and since it will be on steam, it will probably will have a 4pack deal.

I've been in the beta for a long time now but have played very little due to the fact there was very little people playing and you would have to wait forever to play. (This was 2/3 months ago).

Anyway, all I can say is it pays great homage to the old school style of worm games and anyone who loved them will love Worms Reloaded.

I've been in the beta for a long time now but have played very little due to the fact there was very little people playing and you would have to wait forever to play. (This was 2/3 months ago).

Anyway, all I can say is it pays great homage to the old school style of worm games and anyone who loved them will love Worms Reloaded.

How did you get in beta? Is it still going?

Yea, it looks sweet. My daughter and I play the muliplayer DS Worms: Open Warfare 2 game often, a very good game by the way. This will have to be a cheap Steam deal for me, as I definitely don't need it, bought enough games this month to last a year, not including the massive backlog from the Christmas deals and beyond...

Worms Armageddon will forever be the best. I hope this can step it up. The 360 version is a friggin joke, can't believe I bought it...

I'm a little concerned that it says the game will require an internet connection. I'm betting they mean for the multiplayer, but I'm holding off pre-ordering or buying it anyway until I know more.

I have never played the 2d ones, but I really liked the 3d on on the gamecube. I might snag this one to give it a shot.

oh man. I'm excited. I remember playing worms armageddon with my friend in 5th grade on the school LAN. fun times, such a great, funny game.

(scorched earth, and worms 2 were also pretty fun, they just didn't have "it" the way WA did.)

How did you get in beta? Is it still going?

They were allowing people to sign up to be randomly selected, I signed up and was selected.

I don't think the beta is still underway, I just checked my Steam and it does not seem to be there anymore.

Everyone Worms game since Armageddon has been fail in my book. They need to just release that on Steam and update the mulitplayer platform. Add in user made scenarios like Ropers and Shoppers that has allowed the game to live for as long as it has.

So excited for this. The 4 Pack is on sale for 59.99 at the steam store - comes out to $14.99 x 4. I'm pre-ordering it now for me and 3 friends. Anyone want the 4th copy?

awesome. I play worms on my 360 and on my iPhone all the damn time... such an awesome game.

I really REALLY hope they add in native 360 controller support. Either way, I'm glad to see this. I'd love to see another lemmings game too :D

Worms...on the iPhone? Why didn't I think of that???!!!
/facepalm
:runs to app store:

Yeah, it's basically an updated Worms Armageddon.

Not that that's a bad thing. In fact it's awesome and if you like Worms this is a no-brainer.

Well the game is out, anyone play it yet?

Played it a couple hours today. I'm liking it. The new animations and their little screams when a grenade or something lands next to them is priceless. Only thing that annoyed me was when I created my profile it forced me to go through the 10 minute tutorial. Didn't see any way of ending it and just getting into the action.

I agree. I'd pick it up for $10 but there's no way I'm paying $20 for another Worms game.

Maybe I've been spoiled by Steam's sales, and maybe it's because I have a 500+ game backlog...

But I cannot understand $20 either. It looks like a Flash game.

It doesn't look like a bad game. Just comparing it to other games that I've paid $20 or less for, I don't understand the comparison. The dev costs for this game look much lower than games I've paid $5 for.

For $10, I'd think about it. For $5, I'd already own it...

Best follow up Worms game since 1999's Worms Armageddon.

Did not mind the 3D games, though.

It's a great game, but it's no different really from any of the previous Worms games.

I got the 4-pack pre-order - tested it some last night, and had some friends over to play 4-player hot-seat tonight. The new game features seem awesome so far - it's got all the right weapons and a bunch of new custom map options I've never seen before.

My only huge gripe is that the hot-seat controls aren't set up correctly. I'm trying to use 3x 360-controllers + the mouse/kb so each of the 4 players has their own controller, but the game doesn't seem to be able to assign just one controller to each player. All of the controllers are active all the time, so it's way too easy to screw up someone else's move by bumping someone.

Hopefully they'll patch it soon so you can correctly assign controllers like the console versions, and each player controls their own team only.

Back