World's Most Ethical Companies

I'd say Ford has probably paid a pretty penny to lobby against alternative fuel research, environmental regulations, and the EPA, in general.

Why? Because they're closed on Sundays?

The owner is a homophobic religious nut. I guess that's her right, but the company has also given millions of dollars to groups which support and promote discrimination against gay people. For all the talk about being good stewards of "all god has given us" the owners have a pretty nasty attitude towards their fellow human beings who don't share their religious beliefs. Using your power and influence to suppress people you disagree with for religious reasons doesn't seem very ethical to me.

+1

I hate living in the Bible belt.

I really want to know what the criteria for this is. There are companies on that list that totally shouldn't be, and there are companies totally missing.

After seeing the names on the list,I can only surmise the criteria was how much the companies were willing to pay to get on it. Ethical my ass!

But, but, but.... Microsoft is supposed to be the "big evil" company!?!?!

In all reality, I have worked a few contracts with MS, and they treat there employees great. Everything is all eco friendly and recycled. They have the worlds biggest fleet of hybrid cards to move employees around, and even support the local mass transt systems. You dont read about this stuff since MS doesent make a big deal about doing the right thing. They just do it.

I thought Google had the worlds biggest fleet. :cool:

Holy shit. Just for giggles I looked up Best Buy's most expensive HDMI cable on their website. Ladies and gents, feast your this wonder, a $1K 3ft HDMI cable. :eek:

Looks like I underestimated their "ethics."
'

Sorry for the double post, why don't' have have an edit button?

ROFL, It has 105 reviews and is rated 5 stars.
I first i was like "you got to be kidding me" our people that crazy...
Then i read a couple reviews, trust me you got to read them. :) people aren't ' that crazy.

EBAY, Bestbuy, XD might as well put the whole Military Industrial Complex on it.

Dunno about how "great" eBay is -- I'd probably hate working for them -- but they do a great job of providing a stable place for people to exchange used goods, which I can totally respect.

The very essence of ethics is following your philosophical/religious beliefs, regardless of the demands of judgmental and immoral people.

By definition ethics is what everyone else thinks it is.

Also, no true scotsman fallacy.

INTEL ?

INTEL???

INTEL !?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

They put INTEL on that list?

The bunch of scum sucking, bottom feeding weasels that have been found guilty of anti-trust and illegal anti-competitive behavior in countries all over the world.

'

Sorry for the double post, why don't' have have an edit button?

ROFL, It has 105 reviews and is rated 5 stars.
I first i was like "you got to be kidding me" our people that crazy...
Then i read a couple reviews, trust me you got to read them. :) people aren't ' that crazy.

Yeah, some of those reviews are pure gold:

Itssocleartomenow said:
It made the movie "INCEPTION" completely CLEAR and UNDERSTANDABLE!! What OTHER product can claim THAT!?!
:D

E-Bay seriously? Did the person who wrote that not consider child companies attached to the parents?

Anyone can make a list. Hell, look at their list of most influential people in business ethics. That website is a crock of horseshit. The fucking CEO of Walmart is on there for "bringing a healthy diet to Americans." Have you ever seen Walmart's grocery section?~~

;)

(Not to mention Walmart was pretty much founded on placing itself next to other businesses and lowering their prices until said businesses were out of business! Read Sam Walton's biography...)

Walmart also reportedly took out life insurance policies on some of its employees that had fatal conditions, among various other crappy things...

(Sorry for multiple posts -- wish you could edit..)

But, but, but.... Microsoft is supposed to be the "big evil" company!?!?!

In all reality, I have worked a few contracts with MS, and they treat there employees great. Everything is all eco friendly and recycled. They have the worlds biggest fleet of hybrid cards to move employees around, and even support the local mass transt systems. You dont read about this stuff since MS doesent make a big deal about doing the right thing. They just do it.
Except they treat contract workers like second class citizens.

A lot of people posting here are confusing Ethics and Morals.

I'd say Ford has probably paid a pretty penny to lobby against alternative fuel research, environmental regulations, and the EPA, in general.
If that was the case I think they probably wouldn't be developing Hybrid and electric vehicles.

A lot of people posting here are confusing Ethics and Morals.

If that was the case I think they probably wouldn't be developing Hybrid and electric vehicles.

As are pretty much every car company, fighting the BS E15 mandates and such.

Wow, that's really rich... I'm sure there was no pressure whatsoever during the construction of that list.

Not a single bank. At least they got that part right.

As are pretty much every car company, fighting the BS E15 mandates and such.

We need them to win that one. E10 is bad enough. I'm pretty sure E15 will outright destroy the majority of small engines and it sure won't be good for older vehicles.

company I work at has been on the list for several years in a row. Yippie skippy.

fwiw

My local best buy is awesome. The cs there usually bends over backwards to try to help you out, even if the customer is in the wrong. They also do a bunch of charity drives (autism, Alzheimers etc)

Yeah, they may be overpriced on some things..but you can buy those things other places or speak with management and they'll try to make a deal with you.

The local Chick-Fil-A here invites bible thumpers to scream about THE GAYS on megaphones and hold up pictures of dead fetuses in their parking lot from time to time.

Its such a lovely, relaxing place to take the family for lunch.

The local Chick-Fil-A here invites bible thumpers to scream about THE GAYS on megaphones and hold up pictures of dead fetuses in their parking lot from time to time.

Its such a lovely, relaxing place to take the family for lunch.

Sounds like a great reason for them to be perma band form a list a like this one.

It's funny that people keep naming companies they don't like rather than accept that despite their popularity those companies are operating more ethically than their competition.

Apple is not going to make this list until they develop an ethical sourcing policy like a lot of the companies on the list has done. Apple has more than enough buying power with Foxconn to negotiate a major change in employee conditions. They just won't do it until because a big enough of an embarrassment.

As for Best Buy it is an ethical list not a great shopping experience list.:rolleyes:

Interesting list, funny how none of the banks are ones anyone has ever heard of before. :D

Too bad ethical business practices have no correlation to customer service or quality of goods/service.

Microsoft *was* the big evil. Back when we spelled it M$.

Now they are the good guys.

Also, they did W7.

Back