World's First Liquid Metal Bullets In Slow Motion

HardOCP News

[H] News
You guys have to watch this video. It doesn't matter how many times you've seen someone shoot bullets into water with a high speed camera, the addition of the sodium and potassium into the hollow point rounds makes for some very, very interesting results.

Just can't wait for the first court case where someone uses these in self defense and turns someone's insides into red diarrhea. I mean didn't we already have some rounds banned that splintered in the body, can't wait to see the ruling when someone blows a Bill Nye load inside of someone's chest cavity. Pretty cool video tho.

I think his modified bullets would have way more stopping power.

For when you need to drop a drugged out sumo wrestler sized person real quick.

Just can't wait for the first court case where someone uses these in self defense and turns someone's insides into red diarrhea. I mean didn't we already have some rounds banned that splintered in the body, can't wait to see the ruling when someone blows a Bill Nye load inside of someone's chest cavity.

Given they likely violate sections I and III of the UN's Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons, it could be a whopper of a trial (even before the Feds file their own charges).

Awesome video. I say give our soldiers a few of these rounds and see how motivated the enemy is when they see their comrades get blown on half.

Nice video.
I assume they would be classified as expanding bullets and therefore illegal to use "normally".
Cheers

If you see today's followup video, they have no penetrating power due to being so light weight. Probably could be stopped by a heavy winter coat. So yeah these aren't that lethal beyond setting the target's surroundings on fire.

If you see today's followup video, they have no penetrating power due to being so light weight. Probably could be stopped by a heavy winter coat. So yeah these aren't that lethal beyond setting the target's surroundings on fire.

I kind of wondered what penetration would really amount to myself, the videos are fun to watch.

There is a reason some things use depleted Uranium, sabots, etc.

Solid mass accelerated to high speed is what really does damage along those lines of course.

Water, the defender against bullets. If only someone could harness this aquarium technology and make a suit of armor with it. The wearer would be unstoppable (as long as you attach a hose and keep it running).

Flashback to the mythbusters where they were shooting all kinds of stuff into the pool and all the bullets just lose their energy immediately.

On the other hand, I bet those would explode really nicely into a chest cavity.

Someone write this kid a check so he can buy a Kevlar vest and see what happens...

Water, the defender against bullets. If only someone could harness this aquarium technology and make a suit of armor with it. The wearer would be unstoppable (as long as you attach a hose and keep it running).

Flashback to the mythbusters where they were shooting all kinds of stuff into the pool and all the bullets just lose their energy immediately.

On the other hand, I bet those would explode really nicely into a chest cavity.

Someone write this kid a check so he can buy a Kevlar vest and see what happens...

You should take a look at these... DR Exclusive! Revolutionary DSG Technology Supercavitating Rifle Ammo for Shooting Underwater (Tactical Underwater Shooting), from Air to Water, and from Water to Air: Amphibious Multi-Environment Ammunition (MEA) for Tactical Waterborne Operations (Photos and Video!) | DefenseReview.com (DR): An online tactical technology and military defense technology magazine with particular focus on the latest and greatest tactical firearms news (tactical gun news), tactical gear news and tactical shooting news.

I kind of wondered what penetration would really amount to myself, the videos are fun to watch.

There is a reason some things use depleted Uranium, sabots, etc.

Solid mass accelerated to high speed is what really does damage along those lines of course.

Exactly. People are always going crazy about hollow point bullets and stuff. There is a reason armor piercing bullets are illegal for civilians.

Sure expanding bullets are great against soft targets, but what if they are wearing armor? An AP bullet may not expand like crazy but still if you get hit by one you're still getting shot by a bullet.... whereas soft expanding bullets are much less likely to reach the final target. I'm not worried about hard bullets doing too little damage, I'm much more concerned about soft bullets not reaching their final destination.

Exactly. People are always going crazy about hollow point bullets and stuff. There is a reason armor piercing bullets are illegal for civilians.

Sure expanding bullets are great against soft targets, but what if they are wearing armor? An AP bullet may not expand like crazy but still if you get hit by one you're still getting shot by a bullet.... whereas soft expanding bullets are much less likely to reach the final target. I'm not worried about hard bullets doing too little damage, I'm much more concerned about soft bullets not reaching their final destination.
Ummmm the data on the mig is inaccurate...

Armor piercing HANDGUN rounds are illegal. Armor piercing RIFLE rounds are not. (U.S.A.)

Brent
OathAmmo.com

Last edited:
Awesome video. I say give our soldiers a few of these rounds and see how motivated the enemy is when they see their comrades get blown on half.
what exactly do you think hellfire missiles and 30mm canon fire do? Pretty sure our enemies have seen plenty of maimed corpses.

Awesome video, I love how there is very little penetration and all the impact damage is at the surface. With a little heavier load these would be very nasty with incredible stopping power.

Ok, that was fun! Despite the wow factor of the sodium and potassium bullets, the effectiveness here goes to the traditional lead bullet. Just looking at what would be the wound cavity, that bullet will have the nastiest effect! Not switching out my self-defense ammo any time soon for reactive metals!

Or they could just use HE shells, but technically that's against the rules of war.

I would think fragmenting rounds would be more effective, and can be bought off the shelf, along with being far more stable.

Back