World War Z videogame. PC, PS4, Xbox One

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by zamardii12, May 8, 2018.

1. zamardii12

zamardii12 2[H]4U

So, this isn't a new trailer by any means but it's the first i've heard of it. What do you guys think? The massive amounts of onscreen zombies reminded me of the PS4 exclusive Days Gone which i've been waiting for forever. This seems like a fun game to try out until that releases.

2. Master_shake_

Master_shake_ [H]ardness Supreme

you know the best part about that trailer?

the fucking suggested videos at the end that cover up the words.

FUCK YOU youtube.

Xaeos, tunatime and polonyc2 like this.
  3. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

this seems like it would make a better game then movie...the developers are hyping up the fact that the game can feature up to 1000 zombies chasing down players at once...sounds great but I need to see some actual gameplay video

Armenius and dub77nj like this.
  4. dub77nj

dub77nj [H]Lite

I loved the book, the movie not so much. The book didn't have a story to build a screenplay off of so I give the less than stellar movie a break. Now for a game the nature of the zombies could be fun. Having a swarm of a million zombies coming at you across the deserts of the western united states would be epic and terrifying.

Armenius and zamardii12 like this.
  5. ahs89

ahs89 n00bie

Game looks promising and it could be a tough competition for GTFO and L4D2, lets see if it fits our expectations.

6. Xaeos

Xaeos [H]ardness Supreme

To be honest I'd be a little more interested in a game that is based on the book. The idea that all our "modern warfare" stuff would actually make a zombie apocalypse as described harder to fight and that it took an entirely new way of thinking to take back area from the dead, was neat. However, if I recall correctly the book was not about the "huge hordes of fast zombies" that it seems the movie and this game are showcasing. I'd be more interested in a slower paced, teamwork-required, men-standing-shoulder-to-shoulder-like-Spartans, often melee based combat, game based on the successes described in the book. There are relatively few games like that and there are a lot of "large horde, fast zombie" games like Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead and others.

7. dub77nj

dub77nj [H]Lite

Interesting. Since you say that I'm thinking you could use the different settings from each story to create levels. Like you said it wasn't all about the zombie swarms. I think if I remember correctly they trained dogs for scouting and other things. Like you said they went back to more historical style of battle using formations and organization more like the Napoleonic wars

8. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Left for Dead 3 looks great! :D