World War Z videogame. PC, PS4, Xbox One

zamardii12

2[H]4U
So, this isn't a new trailer by any means but it's the first i've heard of it. What do you guys think? The massive amounts of onscreen zombies reminded me of the PS4 exclusive Days Gone which i've been waiting for forever. This seems like a fun game to try out until that releases.

this seems like it would make a better game then movie...the developers are hyping up the fact that the game can feature up to 1000 zombies chasing down players at once...sounds great but I need to see some actual gameplay video

I loved the book, the movie not so much. The book didn't have a story to build a screenplay off of so I give the less than stellar movie a break. Now for a game the nature of the zombies could be fun. Having a swarm of a million zombies coming at you across the deserts of the western united states would be epic and terrifying.

Game looks promising and it could be a tough competition for GTFO and L4D2, lets see if it fits our expectations.

I loved the book, the movie not so much. The book didn't have a story to build a screenplay off of so I give the less than stellar movie a break. Now for a game the nature of the zombies could be fun. Having a swarm of a million zombies coming at you across the deserts of the western united states would be epic and terrifying.

To be honest I'd be a little more interested in a game that is based on the book. The idea that all our "modern warfare" stuff would actually make a zombie apocalypse as described harder to fight and that it took an entirely new way of thinking to take back area from the dead, was neat. However, if I recall correctly the book was not about the "huge hordes of fast zombies" that it seems the movie and this game are showcasing. I'd be more interested in a slower paced, teamwork-required, men-standing-shoulder-to-shoulder-like-Spartans, often melee based combat, game based on the successes described in the book. There are relatively few games like that and there are a lot of "large horde, fast zombie" games like Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead and others.

To be honest I'd be a little more interested in a game that is based on the book. The idea that all our "modern warfare" stuff would actually make a zombie apocalypse as described harder to fight and that it took an entirely new way of thinking to take back area from the dead, was neat. However, if I recall correctly the book was not about the "huge hordes of fast zombies" that it seems the movie and this game are showcasing. I'd be more interested in a slower paced, teamwork-required, men-standing-shoulder-to-shoulder-like-Spartans, often melee based combat, game based on the successes described in the book. There are relatively few games like that and there are a lot of "large horde, fast zombie" games like Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead and others.

Interesting. Since you say that I'm thinking you could use the different settings from each story to create levels. Like you said it wasn't all about the zombie swarms. I think if I remember correctly they trained dogs for scouting and other things. Like you said they went back to more historical style of battle using formations and organization more like the Napoleonic wars

So this is out today. Anyone picking it up? Unfortunately it is an EGS "exclusive" exclusive, with no word on if the game will release on other stores at all. Which is a shame because I watched a short stream this morning before work and it looked pretty decent. Gameplay looks like it was inspired by The Division.

So this is out today. Anyone picking it up? Unfortunately it is an EGS "exclusive" exclusive, with no word on if the game will release on other stores at all. Which is a shame because I watched a short stream this morning before work and it looked pretty decent. Gameplay looks like it was inspired by The Division.

This literally looks like a full on cross between Left 4 Dead and The Division. As in if those two games were somehow merged this game is exactly what it would look like. Looks pretty decent for a $35/$40 game.

Given that video review (the second one there), I could see myself giving it a shot... .if it was on Steam. Afraid that an Epic Game Store "exclusive" is a hard no for me, but if the game releases on Steam (and especially if I could get a further discount due to either time or legit-keyselling-vendor such as GMG) I'd otherwise pick up.

This literally looks like a full on cross between Left 4 Dead and The Division. As in if those two games were somehow merged this game is exactly what it would look like. Looks pretty decent for a $35/$40 game.

I picked it up... i'll follow-up tomorrow with some impressions once I get to play it tonight. I've been looking forward to this one. Looks fun.

Last edited:
I picked it up yesterday and got to play through the first episode with a group of friends. Our first attempt.. we thought, hey we play FPS, lets bump it up 1 difficulty level... got crushed.

It was a lot of fun, I'll definitely be playing more over the next week or two. I unfortunately had to quit early, but the group went on to complete it and began the 2nd play through so they could level up their characters and skills, and will probably bump up the difficulty soon.

Pretty short amount of content, think the group got through it in about 5ish hours, lots of potential to re-play through and skill up multiple characters / difficulty levels. However I imagine if they don't continue to add new content it'll become a ghost town in short order.

Given that video review (the second one there), I could see myself giving it a shot... .if it was on Steam. Afraid that an Epic Game Store "exclusive" is a hard no for me, but if the game releases on Steam (and especially if I could get a further discount due to either time or legit-keyselling-vendor such as GMG) I'd otherwise pick up.

So I have some impressions... I only played the first "level" so far, but what I did play is basically Left 4 Dead 3 and that's saying a lot. The game is straight up the Left 4 Dead 3 we have been wanting but in third person. Super fun, super exciting, graphics look good, performance is great, super fast aiming and tight controls whichh is good because I usually always prefer a controller for third person games, the zombie hordes are terrifying in large numbers, the different types of zombies are taken straight from Left 4 Dead... you got your "Gas Bags" which are hazard suit wearing zombies that emit a toxic gas when killed unless you shoot them in the head. The screaming zombie summons more hordes until you kill it, the fast moving zombies are super fast but easy to kill, the "Bulls" are riot gear wearing zombies that take a lot of firepower to kill...

I will play more this weekend, but so far I am enjoying the hell out of the game. I feel dirty for buying it from the Epic Store even though I vowed to not buy anything from there, but this game was one I was really looking forward to and not to mention the price for what you get is fucking awesome. If anyone reading this liked Left 4 Dead... wtf are you waiting for? Get this.

Edit: By the way... this may be a weird gripe but there are 4 characters you can choose from... a chubby Mexican, a skinny black guy, an Asian woman, and a black woman... it would have been nice to be able to play as a white guy, or at least as Brad Pitt. Not sure why that wasn't a choice but whatever I guess.

Last edited:
OMG...This game is complete and utter crap. Please save yourself 35$ and move a long! I already contacted Epic requesting a refund. Game is worse then left for dead IMO. Character freezes moving forward, Game sounds are bugged....Same boring gameplay

I just picked it up and will give it a try over the next couple of days.

World War Z passes 1 million copies sold in a week
https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/23/world-war-z-passes-1-million-copies-sold-in-a-week/

“Overall the U.S. and EU have been equally strong in sales. We have had 70,000 people playing at once across all platforms, with very similar distribution among PC (Epic Games Store), PS4 and Xbox. What surprises us is the fact that sales outside of the U.S. on the Epic Store have been so strong, with the U.S. being only one quarter of sales.”

I like it ok, but it does need some polish. I love killing hordes of Zombies so that might color my impressions so far.

Developer Saber Interactive release a very vague roadmap promising free content updates through July. What is not shown in this image is an endless horde survival mode that will be added to the game soon.
upload_2019-5-3_10-57-58.png

Developer Saber Interactive release a very vague roadmap promising free content updates through July. What is not shown in this image is an endless horde survival mode that will be added to the game soon.
View attachment 158627

I wish there was a way you could just stick to one gun through the whole game and pickup ammo... constantly switching is a little annoying.

Game is free on Epic it wasn't listed a few days ago but it's on the weekly free list now.

Back