World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

I mean technically lower tier tanks can just blast HE at larger tanks all they want lol. Didn't mean it made the game fun back when I played.

yea pumping ships full of HE that shatter and do like 200 damage is a ton fun.....

I mean technically lower tier tanks can just blast HE at larger tanks all they want lol. Didn't mean it made the game fun back when I played.
That's definitely not fun but this is an apples to oranges comparison; HE shells in ships are a significantly different animal from tanks.

The simple fact that a single fire that's on a full HP Satsuma, let's say, will burn for the same 18% life regardless of who started the fire is a massive, game changing difference. And that one fire will burn for the same 18% on any other battleship. I don't need to tell you the math to see how dangerous and, in all honesty, game breaking, multiple fires are.

There are plenty of differences between ship classes and sub-classes like the battlecruiser/large cruiser types, of course.
yea pumping ships full of HE that shatter and do like 200 damage is a ton fun.....
If you keep shattering you either A) adjust your aim or B) reposition and engage targets you can pen.

Otherwise, your purpose is to set fires which dissuades the big guns from moving closer. Map control is easily one of the most reliable win contributors.

Map control is easily one of the most reliable win contributors.
Yes. 100% No matter WT, WoWS, WoT. Number 1 way to loose is to not control the map. Too many people just piddle about and pool up in 1 or 2 spots and get outflanked, then slaughtered.

Spent $200 on doubloons today... Gonna buy the TROMP once the 25% off doubloon ship coupon is available tonight.

Spent $200 on doubloons today... Gonna buy the TROMP once the 25% off doubloon ship coupon is available tonight.
I just cant bring myself to do that. When I first setup my account I got a 3x Doubloon coupon so I bought $100 which got me off to a great start. Now I just get a 2x for my birthday. Pretty much the only time I ever buy doubs now. The 3x Doubs + 25% coupon got me some nice ships really cheap.

Most I ever spent in one of these games was $40 for the T29 pack in WT. Played over 2k matches in it. Wife would kill me if I went spending $200 lmao.

So I'm blowing through Christmas crates, mostly mega, with some good coal rewards and several tier 5, 6 and 7 ships. Namely the Atlanta and Hood. Meanwhile a guy in my clan got 4 tier 9 ships, ugh. I just want a Georgia, lol.

So I'm blowing through Christmas crates, mostly mega, with some good coal rewards and several tier 5, 6 and 7 ships. Namely the Atlanta and Hood. Meanwhile a guy in my clan got 4 tier 9 ships, ugh. I just want a Georgia, lol.
I think for $ per %, your best bet is big instead of mega.

This sub game was paintfull... 2300 base xp on a loss

1671327252874.png

Alright... this one is a record for me, the Edgar in the right situations is nasty.

Attachments

• shot-23.01.01_10.58.26-0376.jpg
    shot-23.01.01_10.58.26-0376.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
  • shot-23.01.01_10.58.30-0968.jpg
    shot-23.01.01_10.58.30-0968.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
  • shot-23.01.01_10.58.33-0220.jpg
    shot-23.01.01_10.58.33-0220.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 0
Just in case you guys need them.

DISISSANTA2022 (From 12/8)
CMWYAMCAHNY2023 (From 12/15)
HOLIDAYSONINSTAGRAM (From 12/15)
ITMAKESNOSCENTS (From 12/15)
HOLIDAYSONTWITTER (From 12/16)
TIKTOKFORTHEHOLIDAYS (From 12/20)
ENUCTSPNPAPN (From 12/21)
IC6JNNYYT23 (From 12/24)
5J6KONYYT23 (From 12/25)
BOOSTTHENEWYEAR (From 12/26)
SOBGCTOPSASN (From 12/29)
8CSSNNYYT23 (From 12/30 - Newly added from Youtube WoWs
HAVEAPRESENT (From 12/31) - Window, third floor, far right
BHDW23AFE (From 12/31) - 2,023 in coal plus 750 free XP

Most of these codes, if not all are for the Christmas house windows.

I didn't realize till this past two weeks how many players in the late 60 to their 70s and older are in WOWS. I understand it how it attracts and older demographic (WW1/2) however its been very frustrating for me and even though I'm almost 50 years old I put effort into winning while in my experience WOWS is full of much older casuals. Dealing with this in my clan where we have the clan leader who is in his 70s stuck in his ways and won't change to improve. For example, he runs aground a lot in Clan Battles and ends up a sitting duck that gets quickly sunk. I asked if he has the alert enabled to prevent from running aground and he admitted he turned it off because he doesn't like the sound it makes. Ugh WTF!!!

There is other good clan mates but should I leave because the guy that leads it is a poor player??

I wonder how long it'll be before I find a good clan that can compliment my skills too?

I didn't realize till this past two weeks how many players in the late 60 to their 70s and older are in WOWS. I understand it how it attracts and older demographic (WW1/2) however its been very frustrating for me and even though I'm almost 50 years old I put effort into winning while in my experience WOWS is full of much older casuals. Dealing with this in my clan where we have the clan leader who is in his 70s stuck in his ways and won't change to improve. For example, he runs aground a lot in Clan Battles and ends up a sitting duck that gets quickly sunk. I asked if he has the alert enabled to prevent from running aground and he admitted he turned it off because he doesn't like the sound it makes. Ugh WTF!!!

There is other good clan mates but should I leave because the guy that leads it is a poor player??

I wonder how long it'll be before I find a good clan that can compliment my skills too?

There are plenty out there :)

WG stated the average age was 43 and I don't doubt it'll rise more as the game enters its 8th year. Fuck me I played this for a long time.

Just in case you guys need them.

DISISSANTA2022 (From 12/8)
CMWYAMCAHNY2023 (From 12/15)
HOLIDAYSONINSTAGRAM (From 12/15)
ITMAKESNOSCENTS (From 12/15)
HOLIDAYSONTWITTER (From 12/16)
TIKTOKFORTHEHOLIDAYS (From 12/20)
ENUCTSPNPAPN (From 12/21)
IC6JNNYYT23 (From 12/24)
5J6KONYYT23 (From 12/25)
BOOSTTHENEWYEAR (From 12/26)
SOBGCTOPSASN (From 12/29)
8CSSNNYYT23 (From 12/30 - Newly added from Youtube WoWs
HAVEAPRESENT (From 12/31) - Window, third floor, far right
BHDW23AFE (From 12/31) - 2,023 in coal plus 750 free XP

Most of these codes, if not all are for the Christmas house windows.

what does the HAVEAPRESENT one do? It seems to do nothing. says activated successfully. I can keep doing it over and over.

I started playing this about a month ago. Indeed looks great in 4k and runs just fine on my 3070 at that. I can't believe the grind though to get ships, or the cost in cash if I wanted to just buy them outright, I mean one ship for $100, wtaf!@. I think I'm at a couple tier 5/6 on the american side, and can't fathom I'll ever get to a 9/10. That said I guess I'm glad I didn't start this on steam where there is a credit card linked, but with the direct download from WG, keeps me from spending cash.

He said doubt so I think it was the opposite?? ;)
He said "do NOT doubt" ;).
Haha

I started playing this about a month ago. Indeed looks great in 4k and runs just fine on my 3070 at that. I can't believe the grind though to get ships, or the cost in cash if I wanted to just buy them outright, I mean one ship for $100, wtaf!@. I think I'm at a couple tier 5/6 on the american side, and can't fathom I'll ever get to a 9/10. That said I guess I'm glad I didn't start this on steam where there is a credit card linked, but with the direct download from WG, keeps me from spending cash.
It can take a year or more for them to get the plans to ships and do all the modeling and texture work. They've been delayed in the past, I think by the UK and French governments, in acquiring blueprints for real ships. The cost is extremely high for ships, for sure, but there's a massive amount of work to bring something into the game.

Also, this game is one of the easiest, most forgiving grinds I've ever seen. There's so much available to rocket you through the tiers and then the cheat code of being in a decent division further accelerates the progress. And, in the worst case scenario that you're god awful, the game allows failing upwards (you could argue that's the entire basis of the game) so it's simply a matter of time to progress.

Ya my time is worth money now with kids et al. I'd pay to skip some grind, just not the rates they are asking. It may take some work for new content but I think the in game costs are still wildly inflated and that include the XP costs to move thru. At release it probably made sense. But now? A couple years to get all the boats, nah brah, I just won't play the game, its aging and isnt going to wildly improve. $100 for all ships in a given country, ok, maybe, but still steep.

The grind speeds up once you get some level 7/8 ships with bonus packages. Got the various missions and campaigns as well.

With all of the current crazy bonuses, you can grind an entire line out in a couple of days. A great game with stacked bonuses = 40/50k XP for a ship, a good game 25-40k, an OK game, 10-25k, and a bad game, still like 10k.

With all of the current crazy bonuses, you can grind an entire line out in a couple of days. A great game with stacked bonuses = 40/50k XP for a ship, a good game 25-40k, an OK game, 10-25k, and a bad game, still like 10k.

Maybe you can, I can't. I don't even have time to figure out bonuses and stuff. I just want to hop on play a round or two. That's my day. So I'm lucky to get 1000 XP in a day. Took me 6 weeks to get to Tiers 6 cruiser, tier 5 destroyer and tier 3 battleship.

Coop, I get one Salvo and dead in most random games. First one dead.

So say a million points to get to tier 10, eh, not gonna happen. I'm not their target gamer is all. No bigge

After spending another $150 on 40 megacrates I ended up with a ship above tier 8 finally and its the Yoshino but... I already bought the Yoshino B last Black Friday sale. Lesson learned is I'm officially done with buying these random crates. Though I know others in my clan that spent $1K trying to get ships like the Musashi and Missouri. Which I have both as I thankfully started playing back when it was just the USN and IJN tech lines. But I did miss out on a few ships, namely the Georgia, during my 2.5 year hiatus from all gaming. Ugh.

Getting around to playing random, much better on the XP if I don't mess up or get killed early, thats about a 1 in 3 chance at this point.

Getting around to playing random, much better on the XP if I don't mess up or get killed early, thats about a 1 in 3 chance at this point.

What tier are you playing? If you want to div up and get some pointers I play almost daily :p (Evening time)

Co-op gives very few pts compare to random :). Random is mostly about positioning

yea sitting in the back lobbing shells.. :)

which is what 90% of the rounds are now. its super tough playing a ship with shortish range guns because you can't even get close enough to shoot anything before you are obliterated. Throw in a CV and you can't even position because you are always spotted.

which is what 90% of the rounds are now. its super tough playing a ship with shortish range guns because you can't even get close enough to shoot anything before you are obliterated. Throw in a CV and you can't even position because you are always spotted.
Not really, using the terrain, getting into a place where you can hit key areas and support your team, getting good angles vs their team.

but yeah, a lot of people just sit back, and lob shells.

I find playing a cruiser really hard in random. Bb no problem for most part. Decent in a destroyer, juke and hide to get position, works mostly.

Just got a CV and in coop it's slow, 1 flight at a time is annoying. Can't imagine it in random.

And all that is tier 5,6,7. I can't imagine playing 9,10.

Not really, using the terrain, getting into a place where you can hit key areas and support your team, getting good angles vs their team.

but yeah, a lot of people just sit back, and lob shells.

yea, I'm going through some cruisers right now and it is painful because I don't have the range, means I need to push up to something but with no help you just get focused and I swear the game doesn't understand round physics well because so many ships can seemingly lob shells straight down over a large object from 20km away.

I just miss the days where a DD could actually do things without just being covered by planes and then you get focus fired but I also miss the days when DDs could stealth fire all the time, no smoke needed.

yea, I'm going through some cruisers right now and it is painful because I don't have the range, means I need to push up to something but with no help you just get focused and I swear the game doesn't understand round physics well because so many ships can seemingly lob shells straight down over a large object from 20km away.

I just miss the days where a DD could actually do things without just being covered by planes and then you get focus fired but I also miss the days when DDs could stealth fire all the time, no smoke needed.
Yeah those were some good days, but those days also allowed a BB to dev strike a DD, and bbs regularly erased cruisers in a single salvo ;P. Not so easy anymore.

If those days are gone why have I been single Salvo killed in a cruiser so many times?

Back