World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

I stopped streaming the game in August and lost the motivation to do videos on the regular long before that. Just too time consuming for how I wanted to do them.

I don't feel the game warrants exposure or advertising from my channels anymore. Not the way WG chooses to "communicate" and continue to implement shit mechanics on top of other shit mechanics. I've said it for the entire time I played that the game offers something truly unique but it had the wrong developers at the helm.

A movie analogy is that WG thinks the game is like the movie Speed: if they actually slow down and try to address deep-rooted issues they seem to think the game/revenue stream will explode.

Where the hell is everybody?

I go away for a while and everybody scatters LOL
I took a break for Christmas to focus on family time. WOWS was just absorbing all my free time.
I played a bit in January to get my reward Christmas crates from my T10 ships, got nothing but flags and camo. I simply haven't had the motivation to get back into it. For the thousands of hours I was putting into the game, the enjoyment I was getting in return was fleeting.
Cyberpunk and a few others have taken up my game time.

Like Business said, WG has excelled in bad relations.

Few games can do what WOWs can, but WG seems hell bent on shitting the bed every chance it gets.

Last edited:
Yeah, I understand how that goes Business6. I saw your breakdown in the Russian cruiser video last night, and you seem to have hit the nail on the head. Shame, the game is still beautiful and almost something I want to try...

Im still playing, although the new captain skill rework has really thrown a wrench in it all. Not sure if I will play much longer if all it ends up being is HE Spammers at the back of the map... cause thats what this rework has made the new meta.

Im still playing, although the new captain skill rework has really thrown a wrench in it all. Not sure if I will play much longer if all it ends up being is HE Spammers at the back of the map... cause thats what this rework has made the new meta.

I don't think deadeye is going to last very long. It has completely and utterly fucked up everything. Last night, in one game, I devstruc two battleships with a fucking Bismarck at 19 K.

I will say it has made Bismarck a fun damn battleship the play :)

But my biggest bone to pick with this update ? For like a month and a half now they have been teasing us with this ability to cash in old Commanders that we don't Need, and get some value out of the points that's on.

Of course I should have known better. Wargaming doesn't give a goddamn thing away without it costing something. Even if you are already own it.

What did they do? They put the feature behind the fucking pay wall. More nickel and diming of Dabloons from us. Except with Wargamming it is not nickel and diming. It's five dollars and $10, here and there.

And I think someone figured out that a 21 point captain costs in excess of $120. The last two points costing 1.2 million captains XP is a really fucking ridiculous.

Absolutely the best thing about The captains scale update is the ability to mess around with your selections, look at the results, and then not have to Finalize it and spend the money until you mash that mastering button.

I don't know how many times I have fucked up a respect and how to do it all over again spending twice the fucking Dabloons LOL.

Wargaming has some of the best sound and graphics engineers I have ever seen. They all must command 1.2 million a year and salary LOL

I feel like I've paid the sound engineer salary myself ha ha ha ha

Last edited:
I need a couple of other games to play. What do you guys recommend?

Keep in mind that I have neuropathy in my hands, fucking cramps, and yes I am still stuck in this goddamn hospital bed 22 hours a day. At least I have my 65 inch 4K HD TV at the foot of my bed now LOL. It is freaking glorious!

I really really really like immersion. Sound is very very important to me. Since I really can't get into a lot of action and fast moving stuff, I want the graphics to be top-notch.

I'm thinking of picking up hitman. It's a shame nobody has demos anymore, because I really need to try some of this stuff out before I pay money on it.

I got a notice that resident evil two was on sale for 1599 today and I grabbed it. I might have bitten off more than I can chew though but we'll see :)

I need a couple of other games to play. What do you guys recommend?

Keep in mind that I have neuropathy in my hands, fucking cramps, and yes I am still stuck in this goddamn hospital bed 22 hours a day. At least I have my 65 inch 4K HD TV at the foot of my bed now LOL. It is freaking glorious!

I really really really like immersion. Sound is very very important to me. Since I really can't get into a lot of action and fast moving stuff, I want the graphics to be top-notch.

I'm thinking of picking up hitman. It's a shame nobody has demos anymore, because I really need to try some of this stuff out before I pay money on it.

I got a notice that resident evil two was on sale for 1599 today and I grabbed it. I might have bitten off more than I can chew though but we'll see :)
I enjoy Cities Skylines and CivVI when I dont feel like anything action based.
Foundation is also fun.

Elite Dangerous is also nice to play.

Just saw on Prime Gaming (twitch/Amazon hookup): Early Access to Italian Battleship Dante Alighieri, plus everything you might need to command her. Free...

kind of got back into this a bit but only to play carriers....I'm not very good and really just like playing it to piss off the destroyers and hunt them all round.

Like playing SPGs in WoT.

I finally got my thunderer before they pulled it from sale. Shit, I think everyone has one now LOL

24 thunderers with dead eye. What a fucking spectacle that would be LOL

Wargamming would have to re-compile the game in 128 bit just so the game could count high enough to keep track of the damage.

Just saw on Prime Gaming (twitch/Amazon hookup): Early Access to Italian Battleship Dante Alighieri, plus everything you might need to command her. Free...

Amazed how lame the loot is for wows vs wot. Wot prime loot is always really good.

I'd say it reflects the challenge of the game's progression. Ships is so fucking easy and accessible that it isn't comparable in any way to the grind of Tanks despite the similarities.

You can go from a new account to tier 10 in less than a week and under 100 matches in ships. It's a complete joke so why would they give anything valuable away for free?

I'd say it reflects the challenge of the game's progression. Ships is so fucking easy and accessible that it isn't comparable in any way to the grind of Tanks despite the similarities.

You can go from a new account to tier 10 in less than a week and under 100 matches in ships. It's a complete joke so why would they give anything valuable away for free?

which is strange because WoT they normally guard SO MUCH compared to WoWS or even WoWP.

I'd take WoWS grind any day over WoTs. grinding forever sucks. WoWS at least its easier for non-paying people. WoT you pretty much need premium or T8 premium tanks time to do it, especially on the credit side. WoT economy sucks.

which is strange because WoT they normally guard SO MUCH compared to WoWS or even WoWP.

I'd take WoWS grind any day over WoTs. grinding forever sucks. WoWS at least its easier for non-paying people. WoT you pretty much need premium or T8 premium tanks time to do it, especially on the credit side. WoT economy sucks.
I definitely would take the approach ships has over tanks, at least in the basic sense.

The research bureau for was introduced because the grind for ships is easy to the point of being enjoyable and to, primarily, drain free XP & gold from players.

It's not a grind if the game is fun.

It is to me. I want to play things. I dont want to play garbage or stock garbage.

I wish i coukd just pay money to get X free xp and let me tget things i want to play.

Back when I first played WoWS I put in too much money to free XP my way up a tier and I completely regretted it too. Mainly because it doesn't help improve my skills as I didn't learn the lower tiered ship's strengths and weaknesses that I practically skipped with free XP.

If you do want to spend money on the game I suggest saving it for Premium time and ships. Keep an eye out for sales on Premium time, especially around holidays or the anniversary of the game, you could see 50% off.

Back when I first played WoWS I put in too much money to free XP my way up a tier and I completely regretted it too. Mainly because it doesn't help improve my skills as I didn't learn the lower tiered ship's strengths and weaknesses that I practically skipped with free XP.

If you do want to spend money on the game I suggest saving it for Premium time and ships. Keep an eye out for sales on Premium time, especially around holidays or the anniversary of the game, you could see 50% off.

i stopped with premium once WG split it all up. I used to get the 365 days but stopped that after my WoT time ran out. I have mostly premium ships as it is because I just find the grinding to be meh. my WoT account is pretty much the same although I did actually get down to tier 10 on a lot of lines but the last 2 or 3 years I've just mainly done nothing but premiums.

Least in ships, I kind of stopped grind as things kept changing on me so often because I didn't play it enough. So I have ships that drastically changed and I felt no need to go back. I think half of my play time was in the Sims from before DD got the big nerf where they couldn't fire from stealth anymore.

EDIT:

I guess its not entirely true, I have been playing the IJN carriers. I'm at tier 6 one now and about half way through the grind on it.

I guess its not entirely true, I have been playing the IJN carriers. I'm at tier 6 one now and about half way through the grind on it.
CVs were so much more enjoyable when it was RTS like before the arcade style re-work. Seriously, I was tier10 in USN and IJN CVs faster than any other line I played. The fun makes the time fly by I guess, lol.

I will say this....

I feel like the game is easier for me now. Not sure what changed but I've been playing IJN cruisers (7 and 8) and having good games and I'm not a good player but it seems to work now. I'm surviving a lot longer, being more productive. I'm ending up top of team, somehow, in rounds where I feed I didn't do much. I mean, I average maybe 50-60k damage a round and a kill. I don't get how XP in this game works at all. If BBs are hanging in the back cause dead eye, sure make my life easier.

I'm actually kind of enjoying myself. Before I didn't like anything but destroyers but they are so difficult to play now. I try not touch BBs.

I will say this....

I feel like the game is easier for me now. Not sure what changed but I've been playing IJN cruisers (7 and 8) and having good games and I'm not a good player but it seems to work now. I'm surviving a lot longer, being more productive. I'm ending up top of team, somehow, in rounds where I feed I didn't do much. I mean, I average maybe 50-60k damage a round and a kill. I don't get how XP in this game works at all. If BBs are hanging in the back cause dead eye, sure make my life easier.

I'm actually kind of enjoying myself. Before I didn't like anything but destroyers but they are so difficult to play now. I try not touch BBs.
Oh, don't worry. It's only a matter of time until the algorithm screws you to get you back down to 46% W/L ratio and you get the worlds worst team mates.

Oh, don't worry. It's only a matter of time until the algorithm screws you to get you back down to 46% W/L ratio and you get the worlds worst team mates.

its not even the teammates, for some reason its like the game play for me finally clicked and I understand more how to position. I still get derpy teams but I feel I am playing my part better regardless of my team.

The game just feels so stale with the new capt skills rework. Ranked has been a blast, because if you are not aggressive, you aren't winning. But randoms... omg. Play a bunch of ranked then wander into a few randoms and its like, "is this even the same game?" Bring anything but a long range HE spammer or DD and its a bad time, and the immediate rush to cover is worse than it has ever been. Nobody moves.

Game has been a steady decline since the CV update. Every update they do just makes it worse. It's insane how they are making all the same awful decisions that has killed WOT.

Game has been a steady decline since the CV update. Every update they do just makes it worse. It's insane how they are making all the same awful decisions that has killed WOT.

it is weird becauyse just like WoT, people have complained about SPGs for years and one of the BIGGEST complaints is the number allowed per match being up to 3. Everyone says lower it to 1 and it would solve a lot of the issue, the won't do it. WoWS like you said, making that same mistake. 1 carrier is kind of ok, but seeing 2, I'd rather just quit out and pick a new ship...especially if I'm playing a destroyer.

and i've been playing lots of cvs but lower it to 1 max per side,

hell I'd almost say your HP pool should be tied to planes and as you lose them you lose HP. Anything to balance the fact CVs can sit in the back, spot, and not have to give. That or planes have fuel and run out and you lose them till they return or a launch cooldown. something. there are a lot of things they could do but just never will. AND!!! allow them to be caught of fire again. that was a graet balancing factor. If you were on fire you couldn't launch planes.

least in WoT SPGs can't spot for themselves and their hp pool is so low, that die easier, plus SPGs can counter battery each other, CVs can't really do that because they are AA monsters.

If carriers were as vulnerable as SPGs it'd be totally different. But bouncing off the decks of CVs with 460mm shells is fucking bullshit and so is their automatic defense and immunity against fires/flooding.

If you have to hold players' hands that much you have completely failed to incorporate that type of gameplay into your game and it's simply best to remove it.

If carriers were as vulnerable as SPGs it'd be totally different. But bouncing off the decks of CVs with 460mm shells is fucking bullshit and so is their automatic defense and immunity against fires/flooding.

If you have to hold players' hands that much you have completely failed to incorporate that type of gameplay into your game and it's simply best to remove it.

Yea, the magic armor is silly.

I have 4 days of premium left, I think I'll let it expire and come back in 6 months like I did in 2018. If the game survives, ill come back I guess. Its just lost most of the fun factor with this update. Not into the sit in the back and snipe snore fest. Most games are so static.

I have 4 days of premium left, I think I'll let it expire and come back in 6 months like I did in 2018. If the game survives, ill come back I guess. Its just lost most of the fun factor with this update. Not into the sit in the back and snipe snore fest. Most games are so static.

I honestly have more fun playing co-op and the weekly missions recently than anything else. I really wish they would make more missions as the few they have get old and they rotate them poorly. Swear we just had raptor rescue like 2 or3 weeks ago.

It'll be around for a long time still, just like WOT. However, the game is lost at this point. There have been far too many major updates that just continue to make the game less exciting. The more that they do to 'average' things out and try to make the game more inviting for new players, the more long time players will just go to War Thunder, if they still want this style of game.

It'll be around for a long time still, just like WOT. However, the game is lost at this point. There have been far too many major updates that just continue to make the game less exciting. The more that they do to 'average' things out and try to make the game more inviting for new players, the more long time players will just go to War Thunder, if they still want this style of game.

I stopped WoT with equipment 2.0. Crew 2.0 gives me even less to want to come back. My last 365 day premium just ended there and I won't give them another dime. I haven't spent money on WoWS since the big premium sale package like 3 years ago or whatever. Back when the british and commonwealth stuff just dropped. May get some gold for it though to do some captain retraining but that is about it or wait till chirstmas and get loot boxes.

I wish I had used different emails for each game. I would love to sell my WoT account.

Back