World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

BE3591D3-E47B-4D4D-809A-E1A35E835505.jpeg

This game is so fun. 38% WR over 34 games...

I guess I need to play in a div but I rarely have a block of time.

Alaska - Whata fucking boat :)

This is quite possibly the most Well spent 1 million free XP in the game.

This thing does not shoot AP. It shoots loaded cement trucks. Hardened. With very pointy hood ornaments.

BTW... WoWs Please like utter shit under parallels. However it plays pretty freaking awesome under Boot Camp.

I'm getting just over 50 frames per second at medium settings. I was getting like five in parallels.

Boot Camp is no joke. If you are PC gaming on a Mac make sure you give it a try. It's extremely easy to set up too.

Alaska - Whata fucking boat :)

This is quite possibly the most Well spent 1 million free XP in the game.

This thing does not shoot AP. It shoots loaded cement trucks. Hardened. With very pointy hood ornaments.

BTW... WoWs Please like utter shit under parallels. However it plays pretty freaking awesome under Boot Camp.

I'm getting just over 50 frames per second at medium settings. I was getting like five in parallels.

Boot Camp is no joke. If you are PC gaming on a Mac make sure you give it a try. It's extremely easy to set up too.

I would just dual boot into windows, if that’s possible.

american super heavy AP shells are no joke. they are awesome in every US boat. i once ambushed a Republique that was looking in the other direction with my Wooster. broadside AP volleys @ 4km doing 5k+ dmg every 4 seconds or so. brutal.

If only they weren't so gd lofty. I hate that.

Soviet speed and US SH AP. That would not be OP LOL

Damn I had almost a year and a half of premium stacked up. Now I've only got 40 days

american super heavy AP shells are no joke. they are awesome in every US boat. i once ambushed a Republique that was looking in the other direction with my Wooster. broadside AP volleys @ 4km doing 5k+ dmg every 4 seconds or so. brutal.

Only 203/305mm USN shells are Super Heavy. The Worcester has standard 45-60° bounce angles instead of the 60-67.5° of the SH. In the Kleber I had a similar situation against a Repub and shredded him for 42k in 15 seconds from around 4km as well.
And the Alaska may very well be my favorite ship but it plays like fucking garbage. Missing broadside Shchors and an Amalfi at 7km and a stationary, broadside Baltimore from 12km is bullshit. When even an otherwise "accurate" heavy cruiser is as entirely dependent on RNG as battleships it's a waste.

Only 203/305mm USN shells are Super Heavy. The Worcester has standard 45-60° bounce angles instead of the 60-67.5° of the SH.

snap, you are correct! apparently in-game they are not, while historically they were :whistle:

In the Kleber I had a similar situation against a Repub and shredded him for 42k in 15 seconds from around 4km as well.
And the Alaska may very well be my favorite ship but it plays like fucking garbage. Missing broadside Shchors and an Amalfi at 7km and a stationary, broadside Baltimore from 12km is bullshit. When even an otherwise "accurate" heavy cruiser is as entirely dependent on RNG as battleships it's a waste.

i'm a German BB main...RNG is the bane of my existence. although when it works, it's glorious. blepping full HP broadside Moskvas with a single salvo feels nice. which of course means that the next salvo will miss everything, regardless of range :mad:

Whenever I feel like a complete loser trying to grind the RN CA line (holy shit Surrey)... I just climb into the Alaska and go on a rampage. I even ate 6 friendly Myoko torps, cause firing into your team at targets 12km away wins games.

World of Warships 6_23_2020 20_22_27.png

Ugh, the tallinn is a pile of ass.
And the riga seems like a pile of hot garbage too. I know the petra is a citadel king, but the riga cant pen shit. The slightest angle and everything bounces. I cant citadel shit. It can bow tank....but not much else. 5 games in and its by far my worst T9 cruiser. Struggling to do half the damage of the others.
I had a match, a loss, with 177 hits and I left with 26k dmg.

SMART WG

riga was so bad, so fucking bad, I burned what I had to get the petro. night and day

Last edited:
Ugh, the tallinn is a pile of ass.
And the riga seems like a pile of hot garbage too. I know the petra is a citadel king, but the riga cant pen shit. The slightest angle and everything bounces. I cant citadel shit. It can bow tank....but not much else. 5 games in and its by far my worst T9 cruiser. Struggling to do half the damage of the others.
I had a match, a loss, with 177 hits and I left with 26k dmg.

SMART WG

riga was so bad, so fucking bad, I burned what I had to get the petro. night and day

Riga does not get the improved pen angles that the Stalin and Petro have, so you're limited to the 30ish? degree

Riga and Petro have the same bounce angles. The Petro has dramatically higher pen. Stalingrad gets an extra 5º compared to the two of them

Riga and Petro have the same bounce angles. The Petro has dramatically higher pen. Stalingrad gets an extra 5º compared to the two of them

Ahh thx for the info.
What's your take on the Petroleum Jelly and how do you feel it stacks up vs the Moskva .

Ahh thx for the info.
What's your take on the Petroleum Jelly and how do you feel it stacks up vs the Moskva .

Petro is a one trick pony: AP at broadside targets under 13km. You'll probably get lucky with shots beyond that thanks to the utterly massive AP pen but it certainly isn't reliable. The HE is awful in situations where the AP can't produce results. The 360 turrets only help in specific situations because the traverse is simply too slow to make it much more dangerous up close. It's low-slung in the water but vulnerable to cits at any range if the shots can land. The bow can and will yield cits. The radar is more of a spatial awareness update as opposed to anything useful for gunning down DDs or ships in smoke. The surface and air detection, even without full concealment, is ridiculous. Turrets pop with relative ease. The Moskva is a very static ship while the Petro is very much about movement and trying to exploit broadsides. It is one of the most feast or famine ships I've ever played.

More or less it's what WG had been driving towards with newer ships and those piece of shit UU changes: niche builds, niche captains, more narrow gameplay.

i got the Very Fast Bic Mac Boat (TM) from a crate. love it. also makes for a pretty good full secondary meme ship.

bb.jpg

You got a Georgia in a crate???

Yes. There was some kind of deal where you could get containers with the random chance of a couple ships. They were something like 1.200 dubloons each. Georgia dropped in the second one i got.

Yes. There was some kind of deal where you could get containers with the random chance of a couple ships. They were something like 1.200 dubloons each. Georgia dropped in the second one i got.

Hot damn nice.

every god damn time. good game. you gave everything you had. and you lose. typical. also, Bismarck will never not be my favourite T8 ship.

I just had 2 of these in my Montana. 173k dmg sink 2 ships, we lose.
World of Warships 7_19_2020 12_38_48.png

Then the very next game, same ship, not a single nick on me, even though I drove the damn thing like a DD, weaving through islands cleaning up almost dead ships. 45k dmg I sink 3, we win.
World of Warships 7_19_2020 13_02_46.png

😐

I just had 2 of these in my Montana. 173k dmg sink 2 ships, we lose.
View attachment 263092

Then the very next game, same ship, not a single nick on me, even though I drove the damn thing like a DD, weaving through islands cleaning up almost dead ships. 45k dmg I sink 3, we win.
View attachment 263093

😐

It feels like it’s more up to the team you get than ever.

At the same time, 173k isn’t a lot at T10 if you only shot at BBs. If that’s only vs cruisers and dds that’s a different story.

My craziest loss was 224k in an Isokaze at T4.

It feels like it’s more up to the team you get than ever.

At the same time, 173k isn’t a lot at T10 if you only shot at BBs. If that’s only vs cruisers and dds that’s a different story.

My craziest loss was 224k in an Isokaze at T4.

It was mostly cruisers... Their BBs all were at the back of the map and at the far cap. Within 8 min it was just me and vs everyone else. My team just melted.

Edit: the amount of stomps that occur are just way more prominent the when the game launched. Had is been this way in 2015, I would have never picked it up. So many times lately I find myself alone vs 8+ enemies before even 10 minutes have passed. It's crazy.

Last edited:
337k loss

and a 236k loss in 8v8 ranked.

Stomps suck. I run matchmaking monitor all the time and I can usually tell when a stomp is coming. I often see games where one team averages 45% WR and the other side has 55%

Attachments

• shot-20.07.07_23.03.18-0034.jpg
    shot-20.07.07_23.03.18-0034.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 0
  • shot-20.06.25_22.14.43-0329.jpg
    shot-20.06.25_22.14.43-0329.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 0
I just ran 5 matches and not a single match had a spread less than 8% in WR. If I am not doing +200k, we dont win.

My teams avg WR 41%
enemy team avg WR 59%

how the fuck does this happen WG? The match hardly lasted 8 min

My teams avg WR 41%
enemy team avg WR 59%

how the fuck does this happen WG? The match hardly lasted 8 min

Its constant. Im no elite player, (49%... was 53% until I attempted DDs... lol ugh) but when you get constantly put into 40% teams... yeah its pointless. Their MM system is so goofy its pointless. Stomps suck, on either side.

Its constant. Im no elite player, (49%... was 53% until I attempted DDs... lol ugh) but when you get constantly put into 40% teams... yeah its pointless. Their MM system is so goofy its pointless. Stomps suck, on either side.

it's not goofy.. it's non existent.. it just throws you into games based on the ship your in, not your stats.. the system has never changed since day 1 of alpha no matter how many times they claim to have adjusted it and has been this way through out every single "World of" game.

it's not goofy.. it's non existent.. it just throws you into games based on the ship your in, not your stats.. the system has never changed since day 1 of alpha no matter how many times they claim to have adjusted it and has been this way through out every single "World of" game.

I am sure it hasnt changed.

Back