World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

I want the smolensk, as the kooter was my type of boat, but I took my 2 year vacation before resources came out, so its a long way off and there is no way to speed it up. I would pay to get my hands on that boat.

Coal comes pretty fast though. Shouldn’t take that long if you play a little every day.

I want the smolensk, as the kooter was my type of boat, but I took my 2 year vacation before resources came out, so its a long way off and there is no way to speed it up. I would pay to get my hands on that boat.

What Dayaks said, it does come quick, events help too, the latest one gave you 750 coal for every first win on all t7-8 boats, and 75 steel for t9-10 (Steel also for t8 premiums i believe)

This is what happens when a smolestor gets too confident :>

shot-20.01.19_13.21.27-0634.jpg

For those of you who were on the fence about the Puerto Rico yes, it has its moments where it can be amazing but otherwise you should breathe a sigh of relief

I don't start shit for fires with the Smolensk but I win matches with it easily. It's such a fucking nightmare to play against

I just so happen to see this video doing a wonderful job of showing how beautiful this game can look.

Keep up the good work Business, you are putting the wargaming patch preview editors to shame.

I swear the game used to look better than it does now.

I swear the game used to look better than it does now.

I just jumped in after not playing for a few weeks, and yeah, noticeable visual downgrade.

I'll have to check my settings, but it was very apparent.

I just jumped in after not playing for a few weeks, and yeah, noticeable visual downgrade.

I'll have to check my settings, but it was very apparent.

Yeah I was even talking about B6’s video. I even have my game rendering at something like 6880x2880 and downscaling to 3440x1440 (4x less res) with settings cranked. I feel like the shadows or something got worse when they updated to 64 bit.

Hmm. I don't notice that at all. I do a lot of work without the UI drawn for screenshots and clips but I haven't thought to myself anything but "wow these new cloud shadows are great"

Hmm. I don't notice that at all. I do a lot of work without the UI drawn for screenshots and clips but I haven't thought to myself anything but "wow these new cloud shadows are great"

I was going more for the game looked better 2-3 years ago. Could be nostalgia.

Anyone else playing ranked?

I am. I like the buffs... currently at rank 6 which is where I usually stop. I am off this week so I mighhhtttt try to rank 1.

Des Moines I am doing well in, save my star most of the time. Grozovoi I am really good in as well but rarely save my star, depends how many dds are in the match to murder.

I am. I like the buffs... currently at rank 6 which is where I usually stop. I am off this week so I mighhhtttt try to rank 1.

Des Moines I am doing well in, save my star most of the time. Grozovoi I am really good in as well but rarely save my star, depends how many dds are in the match to murder.

Nice. I just started, got a few goofy ass teams, one of which had a guy that followed a teammate around ramming him and shooting at him.

One thing i have noticed is a lot of people trying to hide and then cap at the end. Problem with that is if we lose they have no chance at saving a star. Also they tend to be left alone at the end vs 3 or 4 ships cause they spent the whole match not helping.

Nice. I just started, got a few goofy ass teams, one of which had a guy that followed a teammate around ramming him and shooting at him.

One thing i have noticed is a lot of people trying to hide and then cap at the end. Problem with that is if we lose they have no chance at saving a star. Also they tend to be left alone at the end vs 3 or 4 ships cause they spent the whole match not helping.

Yeah the key to ranked is not thinking about what your team mates are doing, especially on weekends.

As you rank up that should get slightly better lol. I usually grab the heals.. I don’t think I’ve lost a match where we’ve snagged 3 or more heals.

Yeah the key to ranked is not thinking about what your team mates are doing, especially on weekends.

As you rank up that should get slightly better lol. I usually grab the heals.. I don’t think I’ve lost a match where we’ve snagged 3 or more heals.

The heal thing is true. I do find myself spending lots of time darting between the buffs, Des Moines helps with this task. A lot of players are ignoring them.

3 games... Most of my team ignores the buffs... Other team snags them. We lose. Every time.

Stagnant with progress when playing Kleber. No support at least half of the time as people are focused on damage farming and not putting ships down when they have the chance. When that happens there's nothing I can do to turn it into a win.

Destroyers get absolutely fucking manhandled on base xp, though, as damage rules all.

Stagnant with progress when playing Kleber. No support at least half of the time as people are focused on damage farming and not putting ships down when they have the chance. When that happens there's nothing I can do to turn it into a win.

Destroyers get absolutely fucking manhandled on base xp, though, as damage rules all.

Yes, they are all just hiding and farming, then cry when we lose. I'm running around popping radar and hydro but its usually in vain. It seems like I am either on a team that gets stopped or does the stomping. Close games seem to be less common.

I love this form of ranked

I prefer it over the regular nonsense, that's for sure. I'll argue with anyone about Ranked being a competitive mode as opposed to simply being a grind but with Arms Race it's still much more interesting to play ships in a manner you would otherwise never play them (Kleber at 60kts with 70% rudder reduction? holy shiiiiiit.) The heal buffs take away a lot of my enthusiasm for it, however.

I was sick on thursday and I think I won 17/19 ranked games. The two losses came in the evenings. Players during the day are an absolute joke. Constantly bland, allowing a good player to put the team on their back. I am currently at Rank 9, but I have already lost interest in playing. Pick it back up in a few days.

In the evening, you run up against other unicums and the bad players seem to be worse. Kremlins with 400 PR.....how is that even possible? or the classic shima with avg dmg of 10k. How do you play shima for hundreds of games and only manage 1 torp hit every 2 matches? AND then think you should play ranked?
I don't like arms race, if you dont secure a kill and someone goes dark, within 5min all your work is gone, leads to people damage farming and not winning.

I have been running Moskva and Yamato with success. Used the Smol once or twice with a range build.

On other notes, I completed the Italian cruiser line. What a pile of trash that line is. You can do huge damage, but those boats simply cannot turn a match or carry a game.

So this year since returning, I did the USN LC line, Russian BB line, French BB line, and Italian cruiser line.

Nothing suck more than finally getting the hang of a ship (Iowa) and then only have time to play on weekends where you can kill multiple ships, cap, spot and cause piles of damage... Yet still lose match after match cause Cletus thinks he can snipe from the back of the map in a Jean Bart.

It honestly happened in a mundane way. Most extreme damage games I've had or seen have been quite boring and citadels don't equate to excitement just opportunity. I felt more pressure in the opening engagement than when a Hindy, Z52, Kremlin, Moskva, Midway and Thunderer were all still alive (and quite broadside) against myself, Z52 and our Midway while we were down hundreds of points. It was a ridiculous match but if I had this game in my Minotaur I would have fainted because it would have been an entirely different adrenaline rush

so i unlocked my 5th T10 yesterday.

the Des Moines.

holy crap, what a good boat this is. a literal jack of all trades. the DPM that these autoloading 203s can put out is insane...

so i unlocked my 5th T10 yesterday.

the Des Moines.

holy crap, what a good boat this is. a literal jack of all trades. the DPM that these autoloading 203s can put out is insane...

Yeah, just got an armor buff too so the Monty and such size guns can’t overmatch it.

Also wait until you get the legendary module...

I think it went to 30mm, not 32, so it's just more resistant to HE.

Edit: yeah it was changed to 30mm so the side plating can bounce up to 429mm at the right angle. 431mm on up still overmatch

Last edited:
Yeah, just got an armor buff too so the Monty and such size guns can’t overmatch it.

Also wait until you get the legendary module...

didn't they cancel the missions for the legendary modules? i just checked and the only ones active are those for my wooster and my yammi :cautious:

didn't they cancel the missions for the legendary modules? i just checked and the only ones active are those for my wooster and my yammi :cautious:

Those bastards. Well when it comes to the armory it’ll be worth it.

Took the secondary build off, built for survivability and range instead, I found focusing on secondary build makes me play in ways that don't seem to really work for me with this ship.

Seems like it was a good move, back to back games.
shot-20.04.25_13.07.24-0764.jpg
shot-20.04.25_13.24.04-0755.jpg

Back