World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

I'm strangely enjoying the carriers. I neverp layed them before the changes. It is keeping me playing something the game wasn't really doing before. I spend my time early harrasing the destroyers with rockets and will often spend a long time doing that just to keep them busy, sighted, until they can be killed then I'll switch to other things.

I'm still really bad at torpedoing cruisers...I always under estimate their speed.

wish I had at least 10 point captain. at 6 now and the grind to 10 is going to not be fun :(

I seriously HATE the crew grinds in the world Of games....they are all just stupid brutal to me.

Whatever the case about crew grinds it is far, far more clear in warships than tanks. The fact that tanks still hasn't given everyone sixth sense is fucking ridiculous.

That used to be a captain skill in ships back in the day for one point and was called situation awareness. I actually never took it because I thought it was self explanatory but the game was much more simple back then. It's such a QoL feature that I'd be lost without it now, lol.

If tanks switched to a more coherent system like ships I'd play it way more.

And the first real grind you have is credits (xp is only a grind in ships you do poorly with or don't enjoy) but the end game is always 19 point captains. I have 30-40, maybe more, but stopped actively trying to get more once they introduced elite captain xp. Now I just use my best ships to increase that xp for ships that don't have 19 point captains.

I have 6.5 million. Spend 1.5 million and I'm back to 6.5 within a week. It's easy as hell to rack it up.

Reactions: chibe
like this
Whatever the case about crew grinds it is far, far more clear in warships than tanks. The fact that tanks still hasn't given everyone sixth sense is fucking ridiculous.

That used to be a captain skill in ships back in the day for one point and was called situation awareness. I actually never took it because I thought it was self explanatory but the game was much more simple back then. It's such a QoL feature that I'd be lost without it now, lol.

If tanks switched to a more coherent system like ships I'd play it way more.

And the first real grind you have is credits (xp is only a grind in ships you do poorly with or don't enjoy) but the end game is always 19 point captains. I have 30-40, maybe more, but stopped actively trying to get more once they introduced elite captain xp. Now I just use my best ships to increase that xp for ships that don't have 19 point captains.

I have 6.5 million. Spend 1.5 million and I'm back to 6.5 within a week. It's easy as hell to rack it up.

yea I remember the old way here too but I still think it sucks for casuals. WoT is the WORST overall... but WG seriously has issues with wanting to change the core stuff in WoT because its the cash cow. they don't want to anger players yet new player experience is abysmal on all levels. they keep saying they are going to update tanks to be more like WoWS but who the hell knows if or when that will happen.

I really wish they would make some better maps for high tier wows. Larger land masses with straits etc.

I finally got into Iowa (yeah yeah, i dont play much lol) and the weekends are NOT the time to train a new ship. All kinds of silly shit going on. Cruisers NOT using radar at all, nobody running their Hydro. Went back to Seal Clubbing in the Des Moines, NC and Buffalo.

I really wish they would make some better maps for high tier wows. Larger land masses with straits etc.

every time they make one like that people bitch and whine because they can't hide in the back of the map and snipe people so the map gets changed.. there's been plenty of maps like that released since alpha, not a single one of them exists today. original ice islands was and still is one of the best map ever released to bad the shitty BB players on the forum won and the map has since been ruined multiple times.

every time they make one like that people bitch and whine because they can't hide in the back of the map and snipe people so the map gets changed.. there's been plenty of maps like that released since alpha, not a single one of them exists today. original ice islands was and still is one of the best map ever released to bad the shitty BB players on the forum won and the map has since been ruined multiple times.

Yeah, I remember that one, I loved going south to the islands and brawling.

yeah, with all the new ships in the game since the time that map existed i think it would be a blast. going through those islands blind not knowing what was behind the next one was fun and scary at the same time.. had so many fun on shit moments going through there then come around a corner sitting face to face in my DD vs a BB or cruiser.

That was an excellent map. Between me taking a break and coming back all these great maps went away, replaced with these god awful maps we have now. Yet if I go down to low tier they still have some decent maps... And no love for Ocean. Used to get that one all the damn time.

Business6 (or anyone else) any tips on playing Iowa? I have done really well in NC, but Iowa seems a very different beast, like Baltimore to Buffalo was.

Business6 (or anyone else) any tips on playing Iowa? I have done really well in NC, but Iowa seems a very different beast, like Baltimore to Buffalo was.
pray to RNJESUS and play the bow game.. i use to like the iowa but with the changes and the insane power creep of other ships the iowa just feels mediocre..

pray to RNJESUS and play the bow game.. i use to like the iowa but with the changes and the insane power creep of other ships the iowa just feels mediocre..

I don't like playing bow in :), it's a fast ship, I like to be on the move, and pressure people out of their bow in tank spots.

I just watched a notser vid, he seems to be saying play the stick and move game. Not like the get in their faces and fuck shit up NC.

I haven't played the Iowa in a very, very long time. Not entirely qualified on that ship anymore

Fair enough.

It's probably a combination of shit teams I keep pulling and the ship being a very different beast. I need to make sure to hang back more and not get into it right away, almost like a cruiser.

I am thinking this is really the case. Its such a step down from NC... kind of a let down.

So, wow. I got caught by a Kremlin in the Iowa... 57k HP from a single salvo at like 14km. *Shook* I was more or less full health, so he had to kill me with a second volley... Just hung it up for the night.

Incoming:
World of Warships 7_20_2019 15_50_27.png

Result:
World of Warships 7_20_2019 15_50_43.png

*hangs head in shame*

Last edited:
I cannot seem to make Iowa work. Watched tons of better players play, some upgrades, different configs... just cannot connect. Maybe im just unlucky, but on target broadsides just seem to splash around everything I shoot at, or 1 of 9 will land/bounce. Probably just gonna shelve it for now and go back to the french cruiser grind.

This game is becoming so extra toxic its becoming un-fun to play. I got mass reported for not capping in an Iowa or listening to the dead armchair commandos commands. We had already won, I was with yamato just dealing damage as we stayed out of DD range. We won, but not before mr yolo called everyone in the game 50 names.

It really takes the enjoyment out of it all.

This game is becoming so extra toxic its becoming un-fun to play. I got mass reported for not capping in an Iowa or listening to the dead armchair commandos commands. We had already won, I was with yamato just dealing damage as we stayed out of DD range. We won, but not before mr yolo called everyone in the game 50 names.

It really takes the enjoyment out of it all.

pretty standard, methinks. i regularly get abuse, no matter the tier or the class. with one exception, funnily enough: the wooster. which, imho, is one of the most cancerous ships in the game to play against. never caught flak for bbq'ing everything from behind islands :bored:

pretty standard, methinks. i regularly get abuse, no matter the tier or the class. with one exception, funnily enough: the wooster. which, imho, is one of the most cancerous ships in the game to play against. never caught flak for bbq'ing everything from behind islands :bored:

In my experience, it is mostly contained to the weekends, which is why I have stopped playing much on the weekends. But lately, man.

In my experience, it is mostly contained to the weekends, which is why I have stopped playing much on the weekends. But lately, man.

it comes and goes, been like that since alpha.. the other issue is that WoWS is pushing more ad's on youtube so you're starting to see those idiots appearing in the game.

well, boyos. surprising absolutely nobody, subs are coming. i used to be on the fence about this, but the more i think about it, the more i want to play them. hopefully they're not going to be as OP as the CVs. type XXI here i come.

well, boyos. surprising absolutely nobody, subs are coming. i used to be on the fence about this, but the more i think about it, the more i want to play them. hopefully they're not going to be as OP as the CVs. type XXI here i come.

Apparently they're cool with putting subs in their own game mode while "balancing"/testing them but oh lordy that would never happen with carriers

Apparently they're cool with putting subs in their own game mode while "balancing"/testing them but oh lordy that would never happen with carriers

i guess they realized that they backed themselves into a corner with regards to existing game mechanics. because if you want to approach this with historic semi-accuracy (what the game is based on) then suddenly only boats with hydro would be of any use against subs, especially late tier. plus DDs (and some CLs, like Atlanta) would somehow have to spec depth charges.

putting this into the existing meta would break the game completely.

i guess they realized that they backed themselves into a corner with regards to existing game mechanics. because if you want to approach this with historic semi-accuracy (what the game is based on) then suddenly only boats with hydro would be of any use against subs, especially late tier. plus DDs (and some CLs, like Atlanta) would somehow have to spec depth charges.

putting this into the existing meta would break the game completely.

It might have started as some "historic semi-accuracy" but it's really only when it suits them. As far as backing themselves into a corner it's something I've been trying to convey for years: a number of mechanics/consumables have such fundamental issues they cannot be resolved without starting over. That won't happen, though, and instead they pile new problems on top of old problems and have this insanely fast rate of "content" that guarantees that problems can't be fixed quickly if at all. If the gameplay was something that really mattered they would have pulled the plug on the cv rework before it went live or at least made limitations and changes to actually improve the gameplay instead of only looking at their spreadsheets.

The game is an absolute fucking mess. It's been an awful year.

It might have started as some "historic semi-accuracy" but it's really only when it suits them. As far as backing themselves into a corner it's something I've been trying to convey for years: a number of mechanics/consumables have such fundamental issues they cannot be resolved without starting over. That won't happen, though, and instead they pile new problems on top of old problems and have this insanely fast rate of "content" that guarantees that problems can't be fixed quickly if at all. If the gameplay was something that really mattered they would have pulled the plug on the cv rework before it went live or at least made limitations and changes to actually improve the gameplay.

The game is an absolute fucking mess. It's been an awful year.

oh absolutely. and the sad thing is that they know the game has severe issues, but the mechanics are so interwoven that they can't just turn one knob and it's fixed. instead, they just pile more T10 premiums and additional currencies on top. it's sad, because at the core the game is immense fun.

instead of only looking at their spreadsheets

but the spreadsheet says you're having fun!

I have more or less stopped playing lately. The game has become so off balance most matches are one sided smash fests.

I haven't logged in for almost 3 weeks. I'm a Community Contributor.

:\

Yeah its not a good situation. I have been playing this off and on since open beta, and it has just gotten so bizarre with the god awful community and the more and more broken gameplay. I started USN DDs cause I just got sick of trying to make the Iowa work against these super BBs (seriously, cant hit shit but they can burn/pen me to no end) and the low tier play has become as stagnant as T10. Plus in all the years playing I have never been TK'd in this game, but in the past 3 months I have been TK'd like 6 times, on purpose.

Back to my other games I guess.

the balnasgrad is awesome I played a semi-OK match (made lots of mistakes) still cranked out 108k, this thing just hits like a stalinium hammer

Yea, this game has gotten worse and worse. Pretty much lost my drive to play it. Use to be the CVs kills it, and now it's the smolekiskeksey divisions killing it.

Alright, someone school me on how to get more coal. I needs it! And the 3 boxes a day it's going sloooow. I farmed the Haloween crap to try and get more... just those 8k boxes take a looong time.

Alright, someone school me on how to get more coal. I needs it! And the 3 boxes a day it's going sloooow. I farmed the Haloween crap to try and get more... just those 8k boxes take a looong time.

Events, ranked, clan battles give it as well IIRC. Keep an eye on the campaigns or whatever they run.

Events, ranked, clan battles give it as well IIRC. Keep an eye on the campaigns or whatever they run.

Cool, appreciated. I know I'm a whore but I really want a smolensk before they remove it... need another 75k

Back