World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

I wish they would extend PEF. I’m on stage 4, but I’ve been sick and unable to play much :(

I finished that part. I was on stage 4 of the steel personal mission. That’s what is gone.

So far I like it, plays quite and looks quite well 68+ FPS 32-49 ping, I notice no stutter etc on my Phenom II 955 (980+ speed) Radeon 7870 with 8gb memory on Crucial MX 500 1tb.

I wish that ships easier to see and chance of hit and dmg over overpen or nada would be less likely but it is what it is.

I think of all 3 "world of" this s the most polished most "fair" experience and it also looks the best and plays the best of the 3...nothing like a DD thinking it is a speed skater or a sled trying turn a sharp corner and power slide through ^.^

I would <3 if they gave ability to manual tgt to slam the sometimes crazy amount of aircraft, but overall fun...I am DragonWight in game, on Tier 3 98% unlocked so far ^.^

Tried the update and its worse than I expected. I enjoyed playing all four branches but now CVs are just awful. This is disheartening and kills any love I have for this game. I spent so much money and now... no more. What sucks is I still have over a year of premium time left too.

I came back to the game to try this new CV rework and it seems like a disaster to me. There is no balance, its either a total rape-fest by the carriers or they get down tiered and the planes get wiped before they can do anything. IMO the worst part is CV's no longer have any reason to worry about each other, they just go to town farming damage and the only defense is the dreaded BLOB.

Ranked is pretty cancer too, I got down to rank 10 and gave up before I have a stroke. Kitakaze and Musashi spam galore. Tons of clan sync drops. It just isn't fun.

I was really hoping for a good change and I would enjoy the game again but I guess not this time.

CV's really suck now. They are way too OP in some ways, and supremely nerfed in other ways. Also, the new control method for them just sucks complete donkey balls.

CV's really suck now. They are way too OP in some ways, and supremely nerfed in other ways. Also, the new control method for them just sucks complete donkey balls.

Really? I couldnt do shit with them. Plabes are toast with in 5km of a ship and there is more than one screwed even more. Against same or lower tier they work ok. Higher than you, you are fucked.

Really? I couldnt do shit with them. Plabes are toast with in 5km of a ship and there is more than one screwed even more. Against same or lower tier they work ok. Higher than you, you are fucked.

It takes some time, I'm about 10 games in, and now averaging about 80k in the midway, getting better ;)

It takes some time, I'm about 10 games in, and now averaging about 80k in the midway, getting better ;)

You really need to plan your approach better than before.

Though what I find hilarious, is how strong the moskva AA is now... LIterally, he blotted out the sun with flak infront of me, wtf!

You really need to plan your approach better than before.

Though what I find hilarious, is how strong the moskva AA is now... LIterally, he blotted out the sun with flak infront of me, wtf!

how are you finding the rockets as well? out of the 3 weapons, I feel they are the easiest to use but the worst at actually doing anything except maybe setting a fire. The bombers took me a while to figure out and I'm still not sure I fully understand how to actually use them. I feel it doesn't work as I would expect the attack to work.

how are you finding the rockets as well? out of the 3 weapons, I feel they are the easiest to use but the worst at actually doing anything except maybe setting a fire. The bombers took me a while to figure out and I'm still not sure I fully understand how to actually use them. I feel it doesn't work as I would expect the attack to work.

I use them to harass DDs, out of a full strike, if a DD is alone (so not much AA cover) I could take out close to half of it's hp. I'm switching to the tiny tims to try them out next.

Also, I did try them out for setting fires, they're not bad, but i find the horizontal attack is useless most of the time as ships try to nose out or in to you to avoid getting torped(habit maybe?)

Ok. so I 've been in the hospital for a week. I have a brand new ailment to add to my "You turned 60 and life is gonna start fuckig with you " list.

Congestive Heart Failure. Just what I fucking needed.

Anyway, how's the game. Any recommendations? I'm about to dive in for the first time in a week, and I am totally dedicated to JB for this ranked season. Maybe some Missouri from time to time.

Ok. so I 've been in the hospital for a week. I have a brand new ailment to add to my "You turned 60 and life is gonna start fuckig with you " list.

Congestive Heart Failure. Just what I fucking needed.

Anyway, how's the game. Any recommendations? I'm about to dive in for the first time in a week, and I am totally dedicated to JB for this ranked season. Maybe some Missouri from time to time.

Shit dude, sorry to hear :(

JB is good, I like the Musashi for the ability to pen just about anything ^^ though the JB against DDs is a better bet, reload booster

Yeah, don't have Musachi. I was in the "I have Yamato, why blow 700,000 free xp on it" frame of mind :)

I'll take it if I get it in a crate or something :)

Yeah, don't have Musachi. I was in the "I have Yamato, why blow 700,000 free xp on it" frame of mind :)

I'll take it if I get it in a crate or something :)

Hope things take a turn for the better. I know you've been in and out for a while so hopefully there's some good news coming.

In other news I'm testing the RNCVs, Azuma, Viribus Unitus, Yahagi, Neustrashimy, Exeter and have a ton of work to do. The Hakuryu in 8.0 is utterly broken, the likes of which we haven't seen since the end of Closed Beta. The damage numbers I'm seeing from people doing this stacked leap-frog sort of attack with the torp bombers is completely fucked and in the 350-500k range. If the flooding changes were already implemented it wouldn't be anywhere near as drastic, of course, but my god man, it's worse than it was before.

It's the sort of thing that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later because it will only drive people away

Here's what I mean. The Haku can stealth torp because it has an 8km range AND it has a stupidly short attack cooldown.

This is game breaking

Last edited:
Hope things take a turn for the better. I know you've been in and out for a while so hopefully there's some good news coming.

In other news I'm testing the RNCVs, Azuma, Viribus Unitus, Yahagi, Neustrashimy, Exeter and have a ton of work to do. The Hakuryu in 8.0 is utterly broken, the likes of which we haven't seen since the end of Closed Beta. The damage numbers I'm seeing from people doing this stacked leap-frog sort of attack with the torp bombers is completely fucked and in the 350-500k range. If the flooding changes were already implemented it wouldn't be anywhere near as drastic, of course, but my god man, it's worse than it was before.

It's the sort of thing that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later because it will only drive people away

Here's what I mean. The Haku can stealth torp because it has an 8km range AND it has a stupidly short attack cooldown.

This is game breaking

Jesus, i mean the guy was bad to never move after seeing them, but yeah, they will need to fix that asap.

This is game breaking

Thanks Brother :)

And, dayum !!!!!!

Ok, now this just sucks and will kill Ranked for all but the Unicum's in the game.

upload_2019-2-3_20-8-26.png

God Damit! Not a single "Irrevocable" in League 1. This is utter bullshit.

The only reason to play it at all is to (hopefully) rake in a lot of flags.

So I tried the hak method... yeah it's pretty broken, I didn't have as good of a situation as those videos where the BBs were secluded, but I mananged ~135k in my first hak game, as compared to the 60k-80k I've been doing in the Midway.

On top of the torps being broken, I was doing 6-9k in rocket damage per attack vs the 2k I'd do in the midway vs cruisers! wtf :<

I got the 18 cart deal for $48. When will learn ?

Mostly shitty camo’s I’ll end up selling.

1500 dablooms. Those I can use.

200,00 credits. Meh.

32 days of premium delivery.

I don’t know if it was worth it or not.

Ok... I could be that I just spent 6 days in the hospital, no real reading or eye straining stuff going on, etc.....

Is the entire graphics presentation in WoWs far more crisp than it was pre-8.0?

I can now see EVERYTHING on the screen clearly. Even the ship info above the ships.

It looks..... beautiful!

Or is it just the Dilauded?

:)

Dear players,
It's been less than a week since update 0.8.0 release - a major, and probably the biggest change in the game yet, CV rework. We want to share the first list of fixes, changes and tweaks that are to be implemented to improve new CV and counter-CV gameplay. But first of all we sincerely thank you for your feedback and game activity, as well as apologize for any stress and inconvenience that you could experience due to massive game change.
Please note that all information in this post is preliminary.
1. Critical changes and fixes that we're working on right now (to be implemented within 0.8.0 in "hotfix" update ASAP).
  • Reduce the excessive efficiency of IJN tier X CV Hakuryu;
  • Reduce the excessive efficiency of IJN Torpedo Bombers (reduce flooding chance, introduce spread debuff when maneuvering);
  • Resolve the "F-spam" issue, when a CV can just recall its squadron at any time without considerable penalties (increase the vulnerability time for the squadron after recall so that players can shoot down some planes before it completely disengages);
  • Do overall AA balancing: shift a part of damage from flak bursts to constant DPS. Flak bursts proved to be an interesting aspect of AA. However, on the one hand, they deal disproportional amount of damage, and on the other hand, avoiding them often results in completely insufficient damage to the planes;
  • Do overall Attack Planes vs. Destroyers balancing. While this is an important thing to do, we would like to indicate that most players seem to underestimate the power of manual AA activation ([P] by default). Due to great DD concealment, if often makes sense to turn AA off until spotted. A DD spotted at minimal range is a lot harder to hit with the first attack run even with rockets. Although, this trick does not remove the need for further balancing;
  • Do additional Premium CV and UK CV (unreleased) balancing;
  • Remove the inconsistency between Des Moines and Salem in close/mid-range AA;
2. Changes and improvements that we work on now in the timeframe of next updates (0.8.1 and beyond).
  • Improve plane reserves UI (information should me better presented);
  • Improve AA sector UI (better usability);
  • Do additional balancing for individual ships, armament, skills and upgrades, as the statistical data is being accumulated;
  • Clear the minimap for non-CV ships (remove the unnecessary info about returning planes, etc);
  • Finish the development for CV bots (Cooperative Battles);
3. Open questions and concerns to be researched in more detail and addressed if needed (no specific update planned yet, but it may change).
  • The amount and quality of CV spotting in the new meta;
  • MM limits (our ideal limit is 1 CV per team, very few cases of 2 CV (and always 1 at tier X, but right now the limit is 3 across the board): we would like to change the limits where/when possible.
As indicated before, these are the first plans after several days of release. We will keep monitoring your feedback and update you about any further changes.
Thank you, good luck, and fair seas!

WG can suck my ass, I have almost two year's of Premium time, tons of Premium ships, and 12K of doubloons that I no longer care to use since the CV update. I doubt WG will give me any refund for it so I wonder if its possible for me to sell my account?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why not? Looks like some accounts are going for some real bank.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=world+of+warships+account

Daym dude, I think my account would easily go for over $1k :D

Whatcha think?

300+ million credits, 2million free xp, bunch of dabloons ;P

Every T10 ship in the game(non premiums), and almost all T8 and T9s, a bunch of other mixed ones that i like, Ithink 147 total.

T9 Premiums:
Musashi
Kron
Missouri
Black
Jean Bart

T8 Premiums:
Atago
Tirpitz
Alabama
Massachusetts black
Assholio Black
Roma
Lo Yang
Kidd
Kutuzov
Harekaze
Takao
Enterprise
Saipan
Prinz Eugen

T7 Premiums:
Sims
Indianapolis
Atlanta
Flint
Bellfast
Blyskawica
Scharnhorst
Nelson
Ashitaka
Haida
Leningrad
Duke of York
All of the Blue steel ships
The Helena one(forgot it's name now)

And a butload more :p Including Kamikaze, gremmy, Nikolai, Murmansk etc

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
OK, this has me thinking now. I need to inventory all my ships, captains and items quick as I expect other players to leave this game soon too.

I am probably in the minority here, but I just came back after a year+ of not playing and have been enjoying myself. I unlearned the habits that made me get frustrated playing CA and BB (leeroy jenkins/yolo) and have started with my old ships fresh.

I am probably in the minority here, but I just came back after a year+ of not playing and have been enjoying myself. I unlearned the habits that made me get frustrated playing CA and BB (leeroy jenkins/yolo) and have started with my old ships fresh.

I'm still enjoying the game, once they fix the obvious breaks (like the hak blowing up the world) etc, it will be better.

AA is astonishingly overpowered now, lol. They'll get it closer to where it needs to be soon enough but shooting down planes is a laughable "challenge" right now

AA is astonishingly overpowered now, lol. They'll get it closer to where it needs to be soon enough but shooting down planes is a laughable "challenge" right now

Yep, just tried 2 games, 1 shokaku, 1 midway. The Shokaku... lol, I think I did 20k damage, waiting on planes to re-service... after they got wiped out going after a DD

Midway, lost an entire squad trying to drop on a 1/3hp Montana end game. I think I did 39k that game. They really need to figure this out.

Back