World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

He’s my Conqy-Dong captain. He’s up to 18 points.

She needs all the turret traverse help she can get.

People deny it, but I firmly believe that MM will try to slow your roll if you get on too much of winning streak, it pairs you up with potatoes. WG denies it, but I swear...………..

I am absolutely convinced. You just can’t have 10 plus rounds knee deep in Potato Salad, or more, without Devine intervention.

I’m no rocket scientist at this game, but I can do more than my fair share and the sight of these no-capping bastards makes my blood boil.

When you, in a B.B., are the only ship to cap something is horribly wrong.

Everyone wants kills. Kills don’t mean shit in WoWs. It’s all about damage, capping and winning.

I am absolutely convinced. You just can’t have 10 plus rounds knee deep in Potato Salad, or more, without Devine intervention.

I’m no rocket scientist at this game, but I can do more than my fair share and the sight of these no-capping bastards makes my blood boil.

When you, in a B.B., are the only ship to cap something is horribly wrong.

Everyone wants kills. Kills don’t mean shit in WoWs. It’s all about damage, capping and winning.

Same as wot. I think the games has buckets to drop you in that give you better/worse rng, teams, etc. Escentially they can and will change up everything whenever. So you could get dropped into a 15% rng bucket or a 35% bucket.

Would love for the code to get leaked. It was would fascinating to go through. The rigging has to be large.

Same as wot. I think the games has buckets to drop you in that give you better/worse rng, teams, etc. Escentially they can and will change up everything whenever. So you could get dropped into a 15% rng bucket or a 35% bucket.

Would love for the code to get leaked. It was would fascinating to go through. The rigging has to be large.

WoT for sure. When WG wants you to lose your sigma values seem to go to shit and favor the outer cone of your dispersion range, and you get low roll penetration and / or damage. I just find it extremely hard to believe you can win 7 or 10 in a row, then lose that many in a row no matter how hard you try. It just doesn't seem random enough to be well, totally random.

Woohoo! On stage 5/5 towards my Legendary upgrade for Conqy-Dong.

Only 40,000 Base XP to go!

This has been a long, grueling grind......

Hot Damn... WooHoo! I'd like to see these every day :)

upload_2018-8-12_10-44-37.png

Mother of....

Today I witnessed a Shima at TOTD sit less than 1k outside of A, taking pot shots at nearby ships. He refused to cap a clean A circle even after prodding in chat. Eventually he moved, and drove AROUND the fucking A cap circle right into a swarm of red ships and summarily had his ass blown off.

I would have said head blown off, but this guy obviously had no head because he had zero brains.

I truly don't understand what I'm seeing right now. 12 games, 10 losses, all because absolutely NO one wants to frickin' cap any more.

What has happened? Has everyone simply forgotten the game objectives, and don't give a shit about winning any more just buffing up their kill counts?

Is it the eagles vs sharks thing ?

Last edited:
15K more Base XP to go. What a fucking GRIND this has been especially since I've been experiencing about a 20% win rate lately. I'm baffled. I'm having 100k plus games and still can't win one. I've been coming up top 2 or 3 in the team standing in most cases so I'm doing my part !

Once I get the legendary upgrade I may never play this GD ship again LOL

15K more Base XP to go. What a fucking GRIND this has been especially since I've been experiencing about a 20% win rate lately. I'm baffled. I'm having 100k plus games and still can't win one. I've been coming up top 2 or 3 in the team standing in most cases so I'm doing my part !

Once I get the legendary upgrade I may never play this GD ship again LOL

Damage isn't anywhere near as relevant as WG or the playerbase wants to make it out to be and certainly not when you're in a Conqueror.

Due to how the Conqueror has an emphasis on HE damage, damage from fires and can damage anything in the game at any spot on the ship with HE it really has an artificially inflated base xp score. Players continue to justify doing jack shit to help teammates when playing the Conq because they think high base XP has a correlation to "pulling their weight" when, far more often than not, that's simply not the case.

Not picking on you but you have to look deeper to your contribution than damage. The Conq is a very low utility ship and needs to be close to others to maximize their potential and it's own.

Damage isn't anywhere near as relevant as WG or the playerbase wants to make it out to be and certainly not when you're in a Conqueror.

Due to how the Conqueror has an emphasis on HE damage, damage from fires and can damage anything in the game at any spot on the ship with HE it really has an artificially inflated base xp score. Players continue to justify doing jack shit to help teammates when playing the Conq because they think high base XP has a correlation to "pulling their weight" when, far more often than not, that's simply not the case.

Not picking on you but you have to look deeper to your contribution than damage. The Conq is a very low utility ship and needs to be close to others to maximize their potential and it's own.

FYI I do not play Conqy-Dong as just a long-range HE spammer. I use AP quite a bit and like to fight in the 10-15k range with it these days. I find it more effective there. It is NOT a Knife Fighter though. You have to play within it's limits.

And the only reason I even bring up base XP is because that's what level 5 of the upgrade is based on. I could otherwise give a shit less. The objective is winning the game, not how much XP you get in the process.

It.... Is.... Over !!!! I feel like I just gave birth LOL

upload_2018-8-17_21-36-56.png

The steering gear repair time is kinda useless, but the other two are HUGE upgrades for Conqy-Dong.

Sadly, you have to give up concealment to use it. I didn't know it was gonna be like that. Oh, well. I'll just back up another k :)

FYI I do not play Conqy-Dong as just a long-range HE spammer. I use AP quite a bit and like to fight in the 10-15k range with it these days. I find it more effective there. It is NOT a Knife Fighter though. You have to play within it's limits.

And the only reason I even bring up base XP is because that's what level 5 of the upgrade is based on. I could otherwise give a shit less. The objective is winning the game, not how much XP you get in the process.

I'd argue that it is the most effective knife fighter at Tier 10 as it can't be citadeled unless it's in a full tilt turn and showing the underbelly. The Kurfurst has four citadel weak points that can be exploited up close along with the massive turning radius and the Montana and Republique certainly have their weaknesses, too. The Yamato is basically a light cruiser in regards to the citadel height.

The super heal can keep them in a fight far longer though all the Tier 10 BBs are perfectly capable of non-citadel salvos from 30k to 50k.

July Top 10 Ships:

10. G. Kurfurst
9. Lion
8. Hindenburg
7. Zao
6. Montana
5. Bismark
4. Yamato
3. Des Moines
2. Shimakazi
1................................ Cleveland

I have to say, I'm surprised to see Cleveland in position 1. It's an awesome ship, but I don't really enjoy it when dumped into Tier 10 battles with it.

Does IFHE benefit any on bigger ships with bigger guns? Or is it just for smaller calibers that lose the /6 game with ships armor?

I actually thought it was good at CQC because of it’s turning and my Yammy just overpens the hell out of it.... it’s AP hit me like a truck even though I was mostly angled.

I actually thought it was good at CQC because of it’s turning and my Yammy just overpens the hell out of it.... it’s AP hit me like a truck even though I was mostly angled.

I'm pushing it in a little more each time I play it.

The biggest issue I'm running in to is the damn thing is a focus magnet. If you are in range of 4 ships, 4 ships are going to target you.

Losing 10% cloak strength to the Legendary Upgrade hasn't helped, but then again if you are going to go CQ then that extra -40 rudder and +13 rotation is just not something you can give up once you've experienced it.

I'm now running a total of -60 rudder. It's fucking amazing :)

Grinding the Zao Legendary upgrade now. Halfway through stage 1 (100000 xp)

Does IFHE benefit any on bigger ships with bigger guns? Or is it just for smaller calibers that lose the /6 game with ships armor?

Big benefits all <155 mm guns (especially 100 mm akizuki and new ijn dd line, massive increase there). A little benefit for 180 mm (molotov and donskoi) against certain ships, no benefit at all for any 203 or 220 (moskva), some benefit again for 240 for henry IV, allows some deck pen on a few high tier bb's. No benefit for anything above that.

Awesome. That's 4 points I can save on my Zao, and not lose base fire chance at the same time.

Now, what to spend it on..... :)

I wish there was a better turret option. The one and only thing that drives me nuts with the Zao is the abysmally slow turrets. Economies of Turret Transition are a huge part of driving this thing. You really need to get yourself in cloak zone and quiet your guns when doing a 180 in this thing, and staying quiet until the turrets catch up.

New Japanese Destroyers or Brittish Destroyers?

I have about 500,000 Free XP saved up. Actually closer to a million if I ware to convert all my earned XP to Free XP, but I don't want to do that until the next sale. Shits expensive !

So, which should I spend on? The rapid-fire guns of the Harugumo kinda fascinate me, but apparently it's a quite poor DD in every other aspect. Prime fodder for a "Premium" ship. Surprised they didn't do it.

Awesome. That's 4 points I can save on my Zao, and not lose base fire chance at the same time.

Now, what to spend it on..... :)

I wish there was a better turret option. The one and only thing that drives me nuts with the Zao is the abysmally slow turrets. Economies of Turret Transition are a huge part of driving this thing. You really need to get yourself in cloak zone and quiet your guns when doing a 180 in this thing, and staying quiet until the turrets catch up.

It used to be blasphemy to take survivability expert on anything other than a dd. Now that they have fixed the heal bug (before it would only heal the percentage based on your standard HP, not the higher amount, but fire and flood damage would tick faster based on your higher SE hp pool), with zao having such low HP and a t10, it's a viable option now. The turrets don't bother me, they can't be faster, because it would become super OP, it already can do massive damage to dd's every salvo. Like you say, just go dark, perhaps get the new 12km torps off if appropriate and get everything spun around. The torps are hilarious, even now, nobody seems to expect them that far out. Torped a dd with them yesterday that never knew I was there...lol.

NoZoup video on Power Creep at T9/10 in WoWs.

He ain't wrong...

To a certain degree, Premiums are ruining this game. And Radar. FUCK Radar :)

Wow. Harry Go-Slo is SO much fun to run. But...

JC does this thing handle bad LOL It shaves off like 10 frickin' knots when you turn !!! When it finally decides to turn :)

I also wish it had heal like most other T10 DD's did.

But man. The guns. Those glorious fucking guns :) And they aren't that 'floaty' either. I was really worried about that but these are quite manageable even at long range. WAY WAY better than the Wooster or the Mino-Business6.

I like it. Still trying to learn how to stay alive in it though.

Question. The faster, but shorter range (8km) torps.... Would not a better option be to keep the 12km 67 knot torps, and use the torp speed up captains skill? That would net you 9.6km torps @ 72kts instead of 8km torps @ 76 kts. Isn't that a better plan all around?

Also, this is the ship that makes me wish we could have 23 point captains. You HAVE to have the cloak and IFHE, and I've gotten to the point where I can't live without the direction finder in DD's. That's 12 points done right there. Two points for the two necessary 1 pointers, and all the smoke upgrades, and you're done. It's not enough really for this ship.

But, everyone has the same hand. Just gotta learn to work with it :)

Last edited:
No .78 Love? It's starting to dry up around here. Has everyone moved somewhere else?

Tech Larry most clans have Discords we bullshit on. Also I hope everyone watched that video. Surprisingly well done.

Ranked is just... just.... Fucking Meow.

Games are either 1 DD per side or 5 DD per side. It's crazy.

Tech Larry most clans have Discords we bullshit on. Also I hope everyone watched that video. Surprisingly well done.

That was pretty awesome. Dat ass at 3min

Still suck at this game, still cant hit shit even thoigh i understand how to shoot straight. Still always miss by inches to either side.

Still suck at this game, still cant hit shit even thoigh i understand how to shoot straight. Still always miss by inches to either side.

Took me a couple thousand games. Also remember ships slide in the water in a turn.

I played the shit out of this game through CB then OB then release. I haven't played in awhile, anything I should know before jumping in? Like, whats different in 2018?

I played the shit out of this game through CB then OB then release. I haven't played in awhile, anything I should know before jumping in? Like, whats different in 2018?

a lot, just go in knowing that you know nothing about the game, lol. invisifire is no longer a thing, there's shit tons of radar..

Biggest changes that will screw you if you aren't aware of them is that Smoke no longer is a wall of invisibiilty, and radar will destroy your day playing DD.

Watch a few videos on YouTube. Search for “ WoWs aiming”.

Caution. There’s a we bit o math but it helps a lot.

Watch some Flambass videos. That guy is fricken deadly.

The navigation and ships direction mods in Aslains help as well.

None of this aims for you, it just provides useful information.

Biggest changes that will screw you if you aren't aware of them is that Smoke no longer is a wall of invisibiilty, and radar will destroy your day playing DD.

Yeah, DD’s aren’t much fun these days if you like gunboating from smoke :)

Watch a few videos on YouTube. Search for “ WoWs aiming”.

Caution. There’s a we bit o math but it helps a lot.

Watch some Flambass videos. That guy is fricken deadly.

The navigation and ships direction mods in Aslains help as well.

None of this aims for you, it just provides useful information.

i've watched those and I know what it going on, but I miss just barely all the time.

i've watched those and I know what it going on, but I miss just barely all the time.

What I did when I was new was fire one turret, see how it’s tracking (usually you can tell if it’ll hit mid flight) correct and salvo the rest.

What I did when I was new was fire one turret, see how it’s tracking (usually you can tell if it’ll hit mid flight) correct and salvo the rest.

I used to fire single shots a lot until I realized... I'm keeping myself visible FAR longer by doing that. I'll still do a test shot every now and then, but I rarely do the single shot thing any more because of that.

It is fun to do that in Conqy-Dong to strategically set fires on multiple ships though :)

But alas, a seen Conqy-Dong is a focused Conqy-Dong. Red teams hate that ship LOL

The Harry Go-Slo has the same issue.

No matter how much you play a game, you always learn some thing new from time to time.

I have NO doubt that I'm way late to the game on this one, but...

One of the things I've always been best at in WoWs is aiming. I've always done it by feel, never really any calculations.

Until this week, I had NFI obout the time relationship of the reticle scale, and the flight time indicator. It just never clicked with me.

Now I do :)

And I just installed the NomoGram scale. Less math :)

upload_2018-8-30_12-33-26.png

Back