World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

No, not staged, just requires a lot of derping from the red team to just totally ignore him when he is spotted almost the entire time. I mean, he had 86k dmg when he had 8 kills, 10k each isn't all that impressive at tier 7.

ok, is this what you're talking about?

upload_2018-7-28_16-3-49.png

Yup.

The point of putting in the game was that they can't do shit about it so just give it to everyone. Why it's able to go beyond your vision bubble during a cyclone is beyond me, however, and a significant oversight.

What he said :) it used to be a mod, which I didn't agree with , i found it borderline cheating. It makes playing British cruisers that much harder , now anyone can nuke you in your smoke if you were spotted when deploying it, even if you never fire a single shot from within it.

I tried it and really didn’t have much success.

Do you simply put it over the red ghost symbol and fire ?

If so I guess the days of camping are over, and any skills that widen your smoke area just became a whole lot more important.

Potential Damage - Is this the grand total of all shells fired at you that could have done damage, whether they hit or not?

Just had a T10 match where some dude (Flyboy?) wiped out our entire fleet with a Midway. He laid like 8 torps into my Conqy and they never even appeared until they were like 10 yards away from me.

That guy is either very, very (VERY) fucking good or there was some shens going on in that match.

Edit: it was CHN_flyboy

I uploaded the replay here:

https://replayswows.com/replay/27487#teams

Not a bad Conqy day so far....

upload_2018-7-29_11-46-10.png

upload_2018-7-29_11-46-31.png

Just call me Conqy-Dong :) I absolutely LOVE this ship :)

Plane torps don't light up until they arm, so he might have had a perfect drop , where he dropped close enough that you couldnt avoid and far enough for them to arm

I barely heard the alarm before boom boom boom.

I was up against a mountain too . He did a perfect drop between the mountain and me.

Well that's because carriers are unbalanced pieces of shit that shouldn't be in the game anymore.

Potential damage is all ordinance that gets within 700m of your ship. I don't know if shells that hit are calculated as part of it and doing a search on it yielded no clarification. Only way to test that would be to take a dd into the training room and fire one shell at another player and see if they generate potential damage.

I had a pretty damn fine weekend in the Conqueror. I think about a 70% win rate and consistent games of well over 100k. Many were 150-200k.

I'm getting a pretty good handle on this ship :)

I'm grinding away towards the "special powers" upgrade. I'm near the end of stage 2/5 (earn 8 MILLION credits). What a chore LOL When it's all over I'll have some sort of "Special Engineering" upgrade, whatever that is.

I'd love some rudder or turret speed :)

I've got Capt Dunkirk on it, so that helps the turrets a little.

This ship does will with just a 16 point captain.

Question... You have 4 identical 3 barrel turrets. Why is it the back turret always fires popcorn rounds? All over the fucking place.

To be honest, that is not all bad news. Sometimes if you flat out miss the target one of those wacky rounds will land anyway and you'll get a fire LOL

Just had a T10 match where some dude (Flyboy?) wiped out our entire fleet with a Midway. He laid like 8 torps into my Conqy and they never even appeared until they were like 10 yards away from me.

That guy is either very, very (VERY) fucking good or there was some shens going on in that match.

Edit: it was CHN_flyboy

I uploaded the replay here:

https://replayswows.com/replay/27487#teams

He's a re-roll and he's very good.

Well that's because carriers are unbalanced pieces of shit that shouldn't be in the game anymore.

Potential damage is all ordinance that gets within 700m of your ship. I don't know if shells that hit are calculated as part of it and doing a search on it yielded no clarification. Only way to test that would be to take a dd into the training room and fire one shell at another player and see if they generate potential damage.

hits do not count as potential damage anymore. they did when the system was first implemented but was silently fixed.

He's a re-roll and he's very good.

Whats a Re-Roll ?

Edit: Ok, I know what it is now. But why in the hell would anyone do that? The thought of re-grinding my way back to the dozen or more T10 ships I have, not to mention the 100+ others I have, is frightening at the very least.

I

Last edited:
hits do not count as potential damage anymore. they did when the system was first implemented but was silently fixed.

So only close calls then. That makes sense. Hits aren't potential. They're..... hits :) Actual damage.

Just started level 4/5 towards my "Advanced Engineering" update for Conqy. Have to win 15 battles. Another good weekend should take care of that :)

Man, last night sure sucked though. MM had it in for my ass.

Why? Because now his stats look better :)

They looked pretty frickin' good before he did it LOL

I'm slowly grinding my way away from 48% due to my early days as a fucking Potato, but I'll get there. I see no need to throw it all away. Over stats? Who gives a fuck about stats?

Unless you want into an elite group like OPG or something, who really gives a fuck about stats to the point where you'd throw away years worth of effort ?

And anyone who really is into stats will look at the 90 day numbers and forget the rest.

Ok, this may be a touch off topic, but I can't be the only one where this has crossed the mind...

With all the bullshit going on with Russia, and Trumps ability to take his ball and go home, does this threaten Wargamming, and their games, in any way?

Don't want to turn this into a Soapbox entry. Just curious if anyone else has been going "hmmm......"

Has anyone installed GameCenter? Is it worth the hassle? Any downsides?

Edit: I installed it. It works. Nothing exciting :)

Last edited:
I just had my first ever skunk game ! We completely and utterly skunked the red team.

We captured all four bases, and destroyed every one of their ships. We did not lose a single ship !!!

That can't be very common.

Has anyone installed GameCenter? Is it worth the hassle? Any downsides?

Edit: I installed it. It works. Nothing exciting :)

I don't like the launcher but it's certainly a much better way to communicate with the entirety of the playerbase. It really shouldn't take up the resources it does when the game launches, though.

I just had my first ever skunk game ! We completely and utterly skunked the red team.

We captured all four bases, and destroyed every one of their ships. We did not lose a single ship !!!

That can't be very common.

It's not as common as people try to make it out to be but it happens every day. I perhaps see it once every 50-100 games or around that? It's typically an escalation of one mistake snowballing into a huge loss of coordination and morale. The two most common scenarios are that your team loses any number of DDs almost immediately which gives the enemy team far more confidence to move in. The other is when the carriers are entirely mismatched and one gets obliterated early. That drastically changes how both teams play.

7 losses in a row, zero wins tonight. It’s gonna be one of those weekends.

MM knows I’m on stage 4 of my legendary upgrade. Win 15 battles. Bastards.

I thought stage 2, which was win8 million credits was a grind. This could be worse.

I am so god damn frustrated. ELEVEN losses in a row because no one will fucking cap !!! What is it with these people? I have never seen anything the likes of this.

MM has to have a part in this. There is just no way you can get grouped up with such a pile of Potato's so many times in a row unless it is.

I have not seen more than one green letter per game in ELEVEN games. Most have been all red.

Unbelievable.

This just should not be like this. There simply has to be MM intervention in this kind of shit because it just can't happen naturally.

Potato fucking Salad I tell ya.

7 losses in a row, zero wins tonight. It’s gonna be one of those weekends.

MM knows I’m on stage 4 of my legendary upgrade. Win 15 battles. Bastards.

I thought stage 2, which was win8 million credits was a grind. This could be worse.

I believe you can do the wins portion in co-op. It will certainly be faster but probably cost you a good amount of silver.

Next ranked is right around the corner. T8/T10 again.

Why can’t they do it in more aggressive tiers, such as T6? Away from all the Uber upgrades that fuck up the game (yes radar, I’m talking about you)

I am ALL OVER the VT-61 when it hits the premium store.

This is the best looking premium since the Sharnhorst IMHO. Nice Torps, nice internal stats, very decent guns, and decent visibility (around 5.5 fully stacked as best I can figure for now). It's a tad slow but flags and options can take care of that.

And it has Hydro for busting US Destroyer asses :)

I like that the guns are not super flat nor over-the-moon archy.

I'll take one :)

Just to give everyone a heads up, today I realized that you can get Capt. Jack Dunkirk the quick and easy way by using coal to purchase Dunkirk Containers in the Arsenal. It should cost you between 20,000 and 25,000 coal. I took 25,000 in coal and purchased 5 of the 5x Dunkirk Container deals from the Arsenal. Starting from scratch they completed the collection and I ended up receiving 390,000 in credits from the duplicates. I could probably have done it with 20k in coal, but I'm not positive.

Capt. Jack Dunkirk Specializations,

“Jack of All Trades” Specialization: Increases consumable reload speed bonus from 5% to 10%

“Expert Marksman” Specialization: Increases turret rotation speed bonuses to +3 deg/s for smaller (<139mm) caliber guns and +1 deg/s for larger caliber guns (>139mm).

“Smoke Screen Expert” Specialization: Increases smokescreen radius bonus by from 20% to 30%

Imo, it's a damn good way to spend your coal. Pretty obvious, but I didn't know.

I am ALL OVER the VT-61 when it hits the premium store.

This is the best looking premium since the Sharnhorst IMHO. Nice Torps, nice internal stats, very decent guns, and decent visibility (around 5.5 fully stacked as best I can figure for now). It's a tad slow but flags and options can take care of that.

And it has Hydro for busting US Destroyer asses :)

I like that the guns are not super flat nor over-the-moon archy.

I'll take one :)

DD main here, so I'll have one.

I am so god damn frustrated. ELEVEN losses in a row because no one will fucking cap !!! What is it with these people? I have never seen anything the likes of this.

MM has to have a part in this. There is just no way you can get grouped up with such a pile of Potato's so many times in a row unless it is.

I have not seen more than one green letter per game in ELEVEN games. Most have been all red.

Unbelievable.

This just should not be like this. There simply has to be MM intervention in this kind of shit because it just can't happen naturally.

Potato fucking Salad I tell ya.

People deny it, but I firmly believe that MM will try to slow your roll if you get on too much of winning streak, it pairs you up with potatoes. WG denies it, but I swear...………..

Back