World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Ok... We should start a pool on when the biggest fucking Nerf-Hammer in the history of Wargamming will come down on these PA destroyers.

The bitching and moaning from BB skippers is gonna be fucking EPIC.

Oh, I'm diving in right from the start. These things sound so like so damn much fun. If they actually release as currently testing, I'll probably be in these things for months LOL

Man do these things fit my style in every way.

I am a little hesitant though. The Duca sounded like it was gonna be epic on paper, but when it was released we found out it shot rolls of toilet paper, and was as thin as toilet paper. My worst in-game purchase by far (though the Kidd is close behind).

I'm hoping for at least pre-nerf Isokaze levels of fun here.

I actually really like the Kidd. I just had this game.

kidd.jpg

I have 400+ games in the Atlanta though and USN dds have the same arcs. So I can hit any ships out to 12km and BBs out to max range (14.x). The Gneisenau on the other team was bitching because I set a fire at 14k (16.5 second flight time) with the one salvo I got off over the mountain lol.

I mean - awesome AA, awesome smoke, great guns, almost 20k HP with SE.... I like her. She was a little pricey though.

And don't actually expect to see CVs in a AA boat. ;) USN CV rebalance might make it a fun time though.

My build is something like SA/AR/SE/AFT/MAA/IFHE.

Last edited:
Was talking to some people about how Id trade the colorado HP buff to keep its dispersion and I noticed the leaderboard.

Thats some good company. We should run tripple colrado div sometime.
FJrUDj4.jpg

How does one get the Cesare?

Right now the only way is via one of the Black Friday ship packs for sale.

I suspect they'll announce that the Cesare won't be available for sale again within the next couple of weeks but it will be available in super containers like the gremy, nikolai, etc. It's a great example of why battlecruisers likely won't be able to be implemented into the game as far as a tech tree line up is concerned: too many strengths without enough weaknesses.

Right now the only way is via one of the Black Friday ship packs for sale.

I suspect they'll announce that the Cesare won't be available for sale again within the next couple of weeks but it will be available in super containers like the gremy, nikolai, etc. It's a great example of why battlecruisers likely won't be able to be implemented into the game as far as a tech tree line up is concerned: too many strengths without enough weaknesses.
i missed out. Initial reviews were OP as fuck, but then I heard it got a last min dispersion nerf and I said "nope". but it seems the dispersion nerf didnt hurt it that bad.

i missed out. Initial reviews were OP as fuck, but then I heard it got a last min dispersion nerf and I said "nope". but it seems the dispersion nerf didnt hurt it that bad.

It wasn't as last minute as the German DD nerf. The dispersion was really tight with a sigma of 1.8, I think, and they increased dispersion but improved the sigma to 1.9 or something. They did another round of testing and then sent it out the door.

It's a battleship for cruiser players. Easiest way to put it, I think.

Wow. This ShenYang reminds me SO much of the pre-nerf Minekaze! The fun is back in T4 DD. And guns are pretty god damn fine for a T4 DD. HE hits HARD

wow. Don't know that i can stand all the excitement about .14 LOL

I despise these new DDs. They are not great at gunboats, and the inability to use torps against other DDs is frustrating. DD in smoke, fuck all you can do.

Ok, I could be entirely wrong, but have they nerfed the torps on the PanAss DD's already? I could have sworn the upgraded Torps also had a 7.3k range, but now I'm seeing 6.4

ShenYang is a blast....but those deep depth torpedos suck...the range on them is great though.

I despise these new DDs. They are not great at gunboats, and the inability to use torps against other DDs is frustrating. DD in smoke, fuck all you can do.

they're cruiser/BB hunters which makes them a lot more unique then the generic crap most of the DD's have been forced into over the last year or so.

I believe Shenyang is 7.32km, 51 knots, 10k dmg. Also impressive the speed at around 39 knots.

Those stock torps are pretty bad but I think until you get concealment expert it's the way to go. once you have CE, though, moving up to the 64kt, 6.4km torps is a good idea. That speed difference is massive but the damage on these torps is absolute shit with no tangible difference in flooding chance.

It also reaches 44.1kts with flag and boost active. At tier 4..

No name team vs a salty division and a MIA division.
3770 base

WIWG0Fc.jpg

Last edited:
It might be a bit fragile, but this Ashitaka can rack up damage FAST! It consistently gives 10-15k per salvo if you get a good hit. Other than that it's non spectacular, but if you need free XP it's a farmer :)

I'm about 12k away from the Conquerer. Is it decent?

I think someone here referred to it as "The Easy Button" LOL

The Lion has been interesting, if not a little fragile.

I'm about 12k away from the Conquerer. Is it decent?

I think someone here referred to it as "The Easy Button" LOL

The Lion has been interesting, if not a little fragile.

The Conq is not an easy button :p, IT has awesome damage output over time, and a great heal with good AA.

However it is fragile, the AA is shot out very easily, and it can't tank all that well. Glass canon ? :p

It's easy if you div with a cv. Shoot 1 HE salvo at each main ship, kill 80% of their AA, cv goes to town. If you get too focused, just go dark with your cruiser like concealment (it has better concealment than full concealment moskva and hindy)

Am I better off getting the US battleship?

Already have the German and IJN's.

It's easy if you div with a cv. Shoot 1 HE salvo at each main ship, kill 80% of their AA, cv goes to town. If you get too focused, just go dark with your cruiser like concealment (it has better concealment than full concealment moskva and hindy)

Thats fucking evil. I like it :)

I did some fighting against a conq with the GK. After a few salvos from him, I had like 62 dps left of AA. total. all my secondaries were gone. Never mind the 127 fires it sets..

I did some fighting against a conq with the GK. After a few salvos from him, I had like 62 dps left of AA. total. all my secondaries were gone. Never mind the 127 fires it sets..

Holy shit. This was HE, right?

I think I'm gonna like Konkey :)

How were you able to figure that out?

Hold H or mouse over your ship's health, either way. It'll show details for spotting, number of secondary turrets remaining and your short/mid/long range AA DPS.

Well now, WarGamming finally got something very, very right!

I highlighted the most important part of all this. THEY are providing a clean source for Mods, and if they are listed there the are APPROVED. No bullshit about wondering if what you are using breaks the rules.

And yes, Aslains is there :)

Player Mods Link: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/247-player-modifications/

Aslains Folder: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/25508-06142-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-00-13-12-2017/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/mod-ern-parts/

We now have a unified policy concerning the use of mods in World of Warships.

You can find the complete rules on our forums, but to keep it simple, here are the three main points we'll base our policy on:

1. World of Warships is all about fair play and we have zero tolerance for cheaters
  2. We appreciate and encourage creative modification of our game as long as those creations do not impact the outcome of battles
  3. As a rule of thumb, if you want to use a mod, we insist you download it from the "player modifications" section of our official forums because that section is pre-moderated and only safe-to-use mods end up there
Three-Strike Rule System
If we detect any forbidden mods in use by a player, we follow the three-strike rule:

Strike One - Player receives a warning

Strike Two - Player receives a warning and 7-day suspension of their account

Strike Three - Player receives a lifetime ban on their account

A few more things:

• We’ll inform you about warnings and/or bans via email
  • We understand that the modification topic is a complicated one, and mistakes can be made by an unsuspecting player -- the three-strike rule is implemented as a gesture of our goodwill
  • If a player wants to contest a particular case after receiving a warning and/or a ban, they may contact our customer support, where all appeals will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
To help clarify our three-strike rule system please see below for the messages you can expect to receive from us if you are caught violating our modification policy:

Strike 1

Dear player!

We have detected that you were using one or more prohibited World of Warships client modifications and therefore, you have been issued an official warning. Please abstain from using any forbidden modifications in the future. Repeat offences will lead to suspension and then a permanent ban on your account with no further appeals possible.

Should you wish to contest this warning, you may contact our support center. If you are using any modifications in the World of Warships client, please provide links to the threads in the "player modifications" section of our official forum, where you downloaded the modifications you are using.

The official World of Warships modifications policy can be found here.

Kind regards,

World of Warships team.

Strike 2

Dear player!

We have detected that you were using one or more prohibited World of Warships client modifications for the second time and therefore, you have been issued an official warning and your account is suspended for 7 days. Please abstain from using any forbidden modifications in the future. Repeat offences will lead to a permanent ban on your account.

Should you wish to contest this suspension, you may contact our support center. If you are using any modifications in the World of Warships client, please provide links to the threads in the "player modifications" section of our official forum, where you downloaded the modifications you are using.

Kind regards,

World of Warships team.

Strike 3

Dear player!

We have detected that you were using one or more prohibited World of Warships client modifications for the third time and therefore your account is banned permanently.

Should you wish to contest this ban, you may contact our support center. If you are using any modifications in the World of Warships client, please provide links to the threads in the "player modifications" section of our official forum, where you downloaded the modifications you are using.

Kind regards,

World of Warships team.

Please stick with approved mods.

Well, I finally got the Conqueror.

I can't hit a GD thing with it LOL

It's not the ship. The formation of the salvo's is awesome on this thing. No, it's me and I know what's wrong.

The range on this ship is fucking retarded :) I'm trying to hit ships at 29k, and I am completely mis-judging the lead needed. I'm landing 200 feet behind my targets.

It's gonna take some time but it's obvious this ship has the capability to leave some people butt-hurt.

Am I better off backing down the range a bit and using that last option slot for something else, like maybe AA (or whatever is there, I'll have to take a look).

Last edited:
There's no reason to run range module on the Conqueror. Dispersion module or AA range are infinitely better options for the exact reason you describe.

Well, I finally got the Conqueror.

I can't hit a GD thing with it LOL

It's not the ship. The formation of the salvo's is awesome on this thing. No, it's me and I know what's wrong.

The range on this ship is fucking retarded :) I'm trying to hit ships at 29k, and I am completely mis-judging the lead needed. I'm landing 200 feet behind my targets.

It's gonna take some time but it's obvious this ship has the capability to leave some people butt-hurt.

Am I better off backing down the range a bit and using that last option slot for something else, like maybe AA (or whatever is there, I'll have to take a look).
Shell flight characteristics on this boat are wonky. Its brutally hard to land shells at range...And I have the highest avg dmg on NA in the boat, but Ill totally admit its a fucking struggle to land shells.

Shell flight characteristics on this boat are wonky. Its brutally hard to land shells at range...And I have the highest avg dmg on NA in the boat, but Ill totally admit its a fucking struggle to land shells.

Once I took the last upgrade slot off of the range increase and put it on AA instead, my hit percentage went WAY the fuck up. WAY WAY up.

So, I can hit ok at 24k but can't hit shit at 29k. Fine. I can live with that :)

I get a lot of shatters though. The 4 point capt skill for HE doesn't seem to help.

And I can't believe you have to fucking PAY to get guns that are less successful. Fucking WarGamming. I had to pay the damn 34000 research fee on the pos just so I could start stacking free xp amd captains points on it. This kind of shit really pisses me off.

All that aside, damn what a fun ship. The rudder upgrade is absolutely mandatory on this one though. Man, she really has a tough time turing.

Back