World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

So, I got top damage done on NA with the Charles Martel today. In a top tier game. In a 9 vs 9. With 82 bases defended.

thap6L8.jpg

26AMu7h.jpg

cGxceu4.jpg

Here is the link for the replay.
https://replayswows.com/replay/8696

Wow.

Ok, how the fuck does a team have 960 cap points with you defending 648? That's so far beyond anything I've ever seen, lol. Ridiculous work, man. Going to adopt these and post on twitter :p

Wow.

Ok, how the fuck does a team have 960 cap points with you defending 648? That's so far beyond anything I've ever seen, lol. Ridiculous work, man. Going to adopt these and post on twitter :p

It was a 6:30 AM game, so the full stupid (not weekend warrior stupid) was in full swing, so there was alot of stupid stuff on my team and on the enemy, like the bismarck almost completely leaving me alone while i burned his ass down.

Also, if you want to make a video on it, go for it.

benjdm

this is the reason listed to buy the kidd, lol fits you perfectly :) :

Reasons to Buy
  • You like playing a scout/support role as a destroyer

• You want to crush the hopes and dreams of carrier captains

benjdm

Reasons to Buy

Both reasons, but, yes, I already purchased it. The long range AA is identical to Fletcher (except for the 3rd upgrade slot being missing) and the medium and short range AA is actually superior to Fletcher. I think the defensive fire only quadruples the long range though. (ETA: Not true, the defensive fire quadruples the long and medium range.)

With defensive fire active and BFT, AFT, MFAA, and AA guns mod 2 I'm calculating 508 dps at 7.2km, more than the Benson C hull's 403 dps at 7.2 km. :D (Either or both of those numbers must be slightly off though since it should be a straight 25% increase.)

Last edited:
Both reasons, but, yes, I already purchased it. The long range AA is identical to Fletcher (except for the 3rd upgrade slot being missing) and the medium and short range AA is actually superior to Fletcher. I think the defensive fire only quadruples the long range though.

With defensive fire active and BFT, AFT, MFAA, and AA guns mod 2 I'm calculating 508 dps at 7.2km, more than the Benson C hull's 403 dps at 7.2 km. :D (Either or both of those numbers must be slightly off though since it should be a straight 25% increase.)
I can imagine you drooling at CV games ;P I'll bring the enterprise, lets do it.

Both reasons, but, yes, I already purchased it. The long range AA is identical to Fletcher (except for the 3rd upgrade slot being missing) and the medium and short range AA is actually superior to Fletcher. I think the defensive fire only quadruples the long range though.

I think defensive fire multiplies all AA regardless of caliber, manual AA skill only multiplies >85mm.

Decided to dust off the easymode.
And no one aims at you...
and you sail into the middle of tears of the desert on epicenter and still no one shoots at you....
5th highest conq dmg globally. Highest avg dmg on NA i believe.
m2pxMfs.jpg

Last edited:
and you sail into the middle of tears of the desert on epicenter and still no one shoots at you....
m2pxMfs.jpg

LOL how the fuck do you get these matches?

benjdm

Reasons to Buy

I bought it for the second one :)

It'll be fun until WG neuters it.

m2pxMfs.jpg

Easy Mode?

I fucking love this ship despite it being completely average. Seriously.
4fghfC7.jpg

skZ3da3.jpg

Yeah yeah, top tier, right?

uiFd0Sk.jpg

VXNM05y.jpg

2qQM4Jz.jpg

t7Y5lqO.jpg

MJOeP8F.jpg

YkcGThG.jpg

I've played 88 matches in this ship already and I think I've had a Kraken a dozen times. It's honestly a completely unimpressive ship when looking at the attributes and doesn't do anything particularly well save for having good concealment. The frontal armor is terrible and the citadel is pretty well exposed. The dispersion, even with the module, is fucking weird as hell sometimes (some salvos seemingly have a "corkscrew" effect) and I've lost some very good matches strictly due to dispersion not bringing home the hits. But goddamn if this isn't the best premium ship outside of the Scharnhorst that I've ever played.

Speaking of which, the last match of the night:
eBIUpOC.jpg

SOU0rVg.jpg

Reactions: Droc
like this
I fucking love this ship despite it being completely average. Seriously.
4fghfC7.jpg

skZ3da3.jpg

Yeah yeah, top tier, right?

uiFd0Sk.jpg

VXNM05y.jpg

2qQM4Jz.jpg

t7Y5lqO.jpg

MJOeP8F.jpg

YkcGThG.jpg

I've played 88 matches in this ship already and I think I've had a Kraken a dozen times. It's honestly a completely unimpressive ship when looking at the attributes and doesn't do anything particularly well save for having good concealment. The frontal armor is terrible and the citadel is pretty well exposed. The dispersion, even with the module, is fucking weird as hell sometimes (some salvos seemingly have a "corkscrew" effect) and I've lost some very good matches strictly due to dispersion not bringing home the hits. But goddamn if this isn't the best premium ship outside of the Scharnhorst that I've ever played.

Speaking of which, the last match of the night:
eBIUpOC.jpg

SOU0rVg.jpg
I was interested in that ship, but I really cant stand that tier.
I am however, looking forward to the T8 premium. Gimme good dispersion pls.

I reinstalled sweetfx as I use it for nearly every other game I have. I deleted my warships profile so it shouldnt be an issue, but i guess we will see.

I was interested in that ship, but I really cant stand that tier.
I am however, looking forward to the T8 premium. Gimme good dispersion pls..

With the shell velocity the way it is who knows how they're going to counter-balance it.

In other news: played 20 matches tonight and had 50 kills with 5 krakens, one of which was a 7 kill game. One Kraken was in the Scharnhorst and the rest in the Cesare. Set a personal damage high bar twice with the new high water mark (172k) yielding an abso-fuckin-lutely ridiculous 55% accuracy with 99 out of 180 shells landing. I don't think I've ever had a match like that.

Results below
jDuIHYx.jpg

L9Pg5OH.jpg

ipoWkZ2.jpg

1eS1ydn.jpg

dliFdYy.jpg

LOL. I get it :)

The Kidd is supposed to have awesome AA. Problem is, it never gets put in fucking games that HAVE carriers. Whoopie for AA !!
I have never, ever, had an atlanta gave vs a CV.
With the shell velocity the way it is who knows how they're going to counter-balance it.

In other news: played 20 matches tonight and had 50 kills with 5 krakens, one of which was a 7 kill game. One Kraken was in the Scharnhorst and the rest in the Cesare. Set a personal damage high bar twice with the new high water mark (172k) yielding an abso-fuckin-lutely ridiculous 55% accuracy with 99 out of 180 shells landing. I don't think I've ever had a match like that.

Results below
jDuIHYx.jpg

L9Pg5OH.jpg

ipoWkZ2.jpg

1eS1ydn.jpg

dliFdYy.jpg
How the fuck do you get 20 games in a day?
Im really, really, hoping the Roma has accurate railguns.

I have never, ever, had an atlanta gave vs a CV.

How the fuck do you get 20 games in a day?
Im really, really, hoping the Roma has accurate railguns.

Streaming is its own type of addiction. 20 games in a day is definitely not a problem but 20 games in a single session...that's a bit more taxing. Most I've done in one day was 43 matches, if I remember correctly. Still nothing compared to what some of these fuckers do day in, day out.

I have the feeling that they're going to make the Roma a piece of shit. They're going to realize either they'll need to have the shell weight extremely low to compensate for the low & fast trajectory or they're just going to turn it into the same old boring battleship that we have too much of. I'd certainly hope it's actually shorter range than any other Tier 8 because the faster shells allow them to more reliably hit targets from further back and influence the match without getting involved.

But they're going to make it bad. High shell velocity battleships sound great on paper but there's an inherent balance issue with it.

Streaming is its own type of addiction. 20 games in a day is definitely not a problem but 20 games in a single session...that's a bit more taxing. Most I've done in one day was 43 matches, if I remember correctly. Still nothing compared to what some of these fuckers do day in, day out.

I have the feeling that they're going to make the Roma a piece of shit. They're going to realize either they'll need to have the shell weight extremely low to compensate for the low & fast trajectory or they're just going to turn it into the same old boring battleship that we have too much of. I'd certainly hope it's actually shorter range than any other Tier 8 because the faster shells allow them to more reliably hit targets from further back and influence the match without getting involved.

But they're going to make it bad. High shell velocity battleships sound great on paper but there's an inherent balance issue with it.

oh god don't remind me, lol.. i think the most i've done in a single day was around 80 matches.. played from 10 am til about 5pm with kami then 5pm to about 2 am with dave and then pizza or what ever the heck he changed his name to later, lol. sadly i'm way to damn busy to no-life games these days like i use to.

as far as the Roma goes the stats on paper remind me a lot of the early overpen 90% of your shots days in a BB before the 50+ patch attempts to fix AP rounds. but haven't played enough to know how much it's changed over time.

Posted the Des Moines overview. There are a number of different builds that are extremely nasty with this ship (extended radar duration and rpf ughhh) but I run into carriers frequently when I play so that dictates my build. I think this is one of those ships that whatever you do with it doesn't take away from the fact that the base ship is really fucking good.

The Tier 10 cruisers are so much more interesting than anything else in the game.

love the dm..and hindy, and henry..the zao and moskva..meh..

also, near the end with the missouri and you against the zao, why were you holding your shots coming into him? even with bad angles, you'll still hit him hard at that range and still have the reload up for when he shows the side.

Last edited:
love the dm..and hindy, and henry..the zao and moskva..meh..

also, near the end with the missouri and you against the zao, why were you holding your shots coming into him? even with bad angles, you'll still hit him hard at that range and still have the reload up for when he shows the side.

I wanted him to commit to being more broadside and haven't had very good luck against Zaos in those scenarios. The only reason I didn't kill him with that salvo was because the large bow of the DM prevented me from lowering my salvo sufficiently enough. You can see how it kicks up right when I fire :(

I have fallen back in love with the Zao. Her dispersion is so good, I have been running AP on her alot. Absolutely dev striking other cruisers with AP is amazing.

saw on reddit that modules are 50% off. If you buy them for your rental ships, once the ships are removed the items will goto your inventory. Good way to save some credits for those who struggle with silver.

The Italian ships prove your point. They
Ok awesome on paper but are shit boring to play. My Ruger SP-101 .22 Revolver does more damage.

Ok... We should start a pool on when the biggest fucking Nerf-Hammer in the history of Wargamming will come down on these PA destroyers.

The bitching and moaning from BB skippers is gonna be fucking EPIC.

Oh, I'm diving in right from the start. These things sound so like so damn much fun. If they actually release as currently testing, I'll probably be in these things for months LOL

Man do these things fit my style in every way.

I am a little hesitant though. The Duca sounded like it was gonna be epic on paper, but when it was released we found out it shot rolls of toilet paper, and was as thin as toilet paper. My worst in-game purchase by far (though the Kidd is close behind).

I'm hoping for at least pre-nerf Isokaze levels of fun here.

Last edited:
Ok... We should start a pool on when the biggest fucking Nerf-Hammer in the history of Wargamming will come down on these PA destroyers.

The bitching and moaning from BB skippers is gonna be fucking EPIC.

Oh, I'm diving in right from the start. These things sound so like so damn much fun. If they actually release as currently testing, I'll probably be in these things for months LOL

Man do these things fit my style in every way.

I am a little hesitant though. The Duca sounded like it was gonna be epic on paper, but when it was released we found out it shot rolls of toilet paper, and was as thin as toilet paper. My worst in-game purchase by far (though the Kidd is close behind).

I'm hoping for at least pre-nerf Isokaze levels of fun here.

If they didn't do anything to the RNBBs despite the glaringly obvious issues I can't imagine they'll pull their heads out of their asses on any problems that will arise with the PADDs.

Posted up a new Ships & Giggles:

Fun with AA spec Sims and Kidd (includes divisioning with Digital Viper-X- in his Enterprise):

Last edited:
Fun with AA spec Sims and Kidd (includes divisioning with Digital Viper-X- in his Enterprise):

I love the Kidd... WHEN I can use it at it's best job. AA. It's a hoot.

BUT getting a fucking game with carriers in it as damn near impossible. When that happens, the Kidd is an also-ran and not fun at all to game in. It really has one great skill. AA. The rest is a borefest. Thank you WG.

Is the testing of the Pan Asia DD's behind? I thought it was supposed to start yesterday.

Back