World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Forget the British, ; Bottom tier Colorado is OP. Please nerf
ymeip8z.jpg

got banned from the wows reddit. someone posted a video of flamu exploding on stream and i commented several times about how he is brutally toxic. got downright attacked by his fanbois, still getting the DMs. I didnt say anything half as aggressive. but no, cant say shit about lord flamu.

You're better off.. I don't bother with wows subreddit.. it's pretty much just the flamu subreddit. Shits a waste of time with far too much bad information from the bottom 10% of the player base.

You're better off.. I don't bother with wows subreddit.. it's pretty much just the flamu subreddit. Shits a waste of time with far too much bad information from the bottom 10% of the player base.

I saw that 'explostion'.

Admit it. We've ALL done it. We just don't tend to be hosting it at the time LOL

I find doggy squeeky toys to be multi purpose at these times.

Last edited:
Is there an Inventory Utility you can run to Inventory your entire WoWs warehouse?

All ships, their captains and settings, Upgrade and consumable settings, flags, etc... as well as your entire inventory so you can look it over for possible deletions.

Is there an Inventory Utility you can run to Inventory your entire WoWs warehouse?

All ships, their captains and settings, Upgrade and consumable settings, flags, etc... as well as your entire inventory so you can look it over for possible deletions.
yep, click on your name iirc, there is a dropdown that shows you everyth8ing, allows you to sell hulls.

yep, click on your name iirc, there is a dropdown that shows you everyth8ing, allows you to sell hulls.

Kinda looking for a report I can print out that cross-references all my ships, captains, skills, etc...

What tracers/shells do you guys use? I can't see the AP's half the time.

I do use aslains for this kinda stuff.

Can someone explain this to me?
The reward ship, you have to top out typhoon league?

Smoke changes....because fuck teamplay.
For a multiplayer game, there are so few ways to have teamwork between players, and I think these changes are a huge mistake. I have never been one to jump to extremes, even with RPF I wasnt concerned and that was no big deal, but this change feels like its on another level. I play DD the least, but I see this as a massive fuckup.
I get that WG has to cater to the shitters, but by doing so, your fucking a massive part of the game.

7v7 giant map clan wars with no CVs during retarded hours, clan wars seems like its a fucking joke. A reward ship thats only on the table for a handful of elite clans in the right timezone.

My desire to play is shrinking fast.

Multiplayer games are the worst when it comes to playing the grind to get a piece of equipment that is badass at the time, only to get it nerfed/buffed or not worth anything over a period of time. I can only imagine the nightmare it is to maintain/balance such a large scale, while providing interest in newer ships/gear for actual money cost, while everyone bitches about it not being the best or better than this or that, and then complaining when it appears op.

Smoke changes....because fuck teamplay.
For a multiplayer game, there are so few ways to have teamwork between players, and I think these changes are a huge mistake. I have never been one to jump to extremes, even with RPF I wasnt concerned and that was no big deal, but this change feels like its on another level. I play DD the least, but I see this as a massive fuckup.
I get that WG has to cater to the shitters, but by doing so, your fucking a massive part of the game.

7v7 giant map clan wars with no CVs during retarded hours, clan wars seems like its a fucking joke. A reward ship thats only on the table for a handful of elite clans in the right timezone.

My desire to play is shrinking fast.
I'm not so but-hurt as I was when I first heard it, a BB sitting in smoke firing indiscriminately can be slightly OP in the right hands. You can still use smoke to conceal BBs that are trying to escape or retreat and heal.

Last edited:
I'm not so but-hurt as I was when I first heard it, a BB sitting in smoke firing indiscriminately can be slightly OP in the right hands. You can still use smoke to conceal BBs that are trying to escape or retreat and heal.
I'd be OK if the detection flare only lasted a few seconds to aid in hitting a concealed target. But if a BB fires and is still detected for normal time, that's retarded

Can someone please explain the smoke change to me ?

Also, I own two of the ships they are offering buy-back on. Should I sell them ?

The mere fact they are offering indicates to me they nerf to them is horrific.

Can someone please explain the smoke change to me ?

Also, I own two of the ships they are offering buy-back on. Should I sell them ?

The mere fact they are offering indicates to me they nerf to them is horrific.

The cruiser nerf is not too bad. The detection for those 2 should be 5.3KM in smoke, so still lethal ships ;P

Yeah, typically you aren't smoking up within 5km of other ships anyway in belfast or kutuzov. And if a dd does come close, at least in the belfast, you radar him and destroy him quickly. I wouldn't dare sell mine, they won't be coming back. Kutuzov you wouldn't be getting that close to begin with, because you'd have already gotten nuked trying to get there.

the nerf doesnt hit these two that bad...belfast more than the kutuzov as the belfast likes to get in close to kill DDs.

There are few methods of teamplay as effective as smoking up your battleships during a push, or pull.

Halloween event is great fun, but lacks a reason to repeat. If you have a CV that knows how to use the Heals at the right times, its easy to 5 star.
For the BB, once the Rasputin spawns, just start ramming everything and chase down the enemy CV for the ram.

Id like more rewards to keep playing. I got 770k dmg, and Id like to try for a million, but other than that, not much reason.

I've had a million a few times now and finally got 5 stars. Had fun with in a 3 man div with Netherkat and I both ramming the Gorgon together. Here's the 5 star

SLwpQ5p.jpg

2KqAODO.jpg

3umihO9.jpg

And some others:
A9vQTF9.jpg

vARivwm.jpg

lgHIVge.jpg

hNsJavr.jpg

And that ramming damage
ZDX6XLo.jpg

I have a manual AA build for the Magnu reaching out to 6.5km. Helps a shit ton when going after the carrier. Here's my cruiser build, though:
iBCp5pG.jpg

I've had a million a few times now and finally got 5 stars. Had fun with in a 3 man div with Netherkat and I both ramming the Gorgon together. Here's the 5 star

SLwpQ5p.jpg

2KqAODO.jpg

3umihO9.jpg

And some others:
A9vQTF9.jpg

vARivwm.jpg

lgHIVge.jpg

hNsJavr.jpg

And that ramming damage
ZDX6XLo.jpg

I have a manual AA build for the Magnu reaching out to 6.5km. Helps a shit ton when going after the carrier. Here's my cruiser build, though:
iBCp5pG.jpg

Nice !! i played the CV.. not sure how useful it is apart from the heal, we had our tirpitz ram both rasputin and their CV, he ended up with over 1.5 million lol.

I can't get past 3 stars on the event. Did 1,911,080 damage and 17 kills in the DD yesterday trying to get just one more star. Killed Rasputin and the CV by myself because my team was so busy running away. Not really very fun to consistently fail against bots because the actual players are dumber than a WG AI.

Hit up a popular teamspeak. 5 stars is easy, but you need a team, randoms are a no-go.

Business6, that's fucking crazy

So, In the hospital for the SIXTH god damn time this year, on day 10 this time and nearly 60 days total :rage:

Guys, avoid Lymphedema & Cellulutus like it’s the damn plague. I would not wish this shit on my worst enemy.

So, what’s good and what’s fucked up in WoWS these days. Complaints aside, I REALLY fucking miss it,

So, In the hospital for the SIXTH god damn time this year, on day 10 this time and nearly 60 days total :rage:

Guys, avoid Lymphedema & Cellulutus like it’s the damn plague. I would not wish this shit on my worst enemy.

So, what’s good and what’s fucked up in WoWS these days. Complaints aside, I REALLY fucking miss it,

They are doubling the smoke deployment time for the British Cruiser line, 7 to 15 seconds. Def Fire on DDs s going from 3x to 4x dps multiplier.

If you like smoke, seems like a poof to me, but what’s the REAL net effect. Is Flamu imploding ?

So...
ouRby3f.jpg

094jgEF.jpg

TQMaLCT.jpg

Dti8E1u.jpg

Yeah, I think I've had enough of that shit.

Also, on my alt account I picked up the Kurfurst with under 300 matches played. There were 56 non-progression related matches that I played (DDs, cruisers) and I played the Konig something like 75 times which obviously wasn't progression related. I had used less than 20 premium camos (only one for gold) and used the Play With Friends invite code (yay for free xp and credits!) selling the Diana and Texas after a few games. I used a premium account throughout and gold to convert what little free xp I had earned.

Naturally, on my second to last game in the FDG I had a super container with 50 Valentine's Day camos. That would have accelerated the progress considerably and, sticking with progress-only matches, would have been able to reach the Kurfurst in just over 200 matches. Credits would have been the limiting factor but I obviously would have played more FDG to increase raw credit amount.

YQEMxdi.jpg

ulkDkxX.jpg

So, with all that said, it can definitely take less than a week to reach Tier 10.

So...
ouRby3f.jpg

094jgEF.jpg

TQMaLCT.jpg

Dti8E1u.jpg

Yeah, I think I've had enough of that shit.

Also, on my alt account I picked up the Kurfurst with under 300 matches played. There were 56 non-progression related matches that I played (DDs, cruisers) and I played the Konig something like 75 times which obviously wasn't progression related. I had used less than 20 premium camos (only one for gold) and used the Play With Friends invite code (yay for free xp and credits!) selling the Diana and Texas after a few games. I used a premium account throughout and gold to convert what little free xp I had earned.

Naturally, on my second to last game in the FDG I had a super container with 50 Valentine's Day camos. That would have accelerated the progress considerably and, sticking with progress-only matches, would have been able to reach the Kurfurst in just over 200 matches. Credits would have been the limiting factor but I obviously would have played more FDG to increase raw credit amount.

YQEMxdi.jpg

ulkDkxX.jpg

So, with all that said, it can definitely take less than a week to reach Tier 10.

For a good player like you, I don't doubt it :) average player, maybe a bit longer.

For a good player like you, I don't doubt it :) average player, maybe a bit longer.

In my Mic Drop video I stated that getting to tier 10 could take just a few days which caught a lot of flak. This was before they even introduced those crazy super flags and now the 125 gold camo for 250% ship xp.

I wasn't wrong then and WG has now made sure with the introduction of that camo that anyone can run through the tiers quickly if they choose to pay.
QIt's simply proving a point that Warships' grind is hardly what people think it is and that the grind could be drastically reduced from even that.

In my Mic Drop video I stated that getting to tier 10 could take just a few days which caught a lot of flak. This was before they even introduced those crazy super flags and now the 125 gold camo for 250% ship xp.

I wasn't wrong then and WG has now made sure with the introduction of that camo that anyone can run through the tiers quickly if they choose to pay.
QIt's simply proving a point that Warships' grind is hardly what people think it is and that the grind could be drastically reduced from even that.

It's also not a bad grind at all, most ships I play I enjoy. But I do see your point. Getting to T10 is not difficult. BTW I have all T10s in the game :)

In addition to your comment, if you catch a 3x xp event as well, you can easily get 15K+ XP games, even without the win bonus now, you can churn out 10k xp with all of the flags and camos.

So, In the hospital for the SIXTH god

damn time this year, on day 10 this time and nearly 60 days total :rage:

Home finally !

OMFG yessssssss
Changes in flight control for the USN aircraft carriers.

All the USN aircraft carriers will switch to a single flight control. This will increase the line's versatility, while keeping each ship's unique traits. Moreover, there is now a choice of AP bombs for Lexington (tier VIII), Essex (tier IX) and Midway (tier X), allowing for even more tactical variation.

Not sure how I feel about the single flight control though... :( Unless its a 2-1-2 midway

OMFG yessssssss
Changes in flight control for the USN aircraft carriers.

All the USN aircraft carriers will switch to a single flight control. This will increase the line's versatility, while keeping each ship's unique traits. Moreover, there is now a choice of AP bombs for Lexington (tier VIII), Essex (tier IX) and Midway (tier X), allowing for even more tactical variation.

Not sure how I feel about the single flight control though... :( Unless its a 2-1-2 midway

and that's why i can't be bothered to ever finish USN cv line, lol.

Back