World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Cool a new system! If you went nVidia and have extra fps to burn you can force SGSSAA with nVispector. It only takes a few minutes to do and looks beautiful. I run 8xMSAA and 4X SGSSAA on a 1080 at 3440x1440.

Yeah nurnberg is basically hide from the BBs. The 5.3 hydro and 6 minute plane made your spotting ability really good if you could get in the right spot. The 960m/s guns make it impossible for dds to dodge under 10km too. It's not as squishy as some want to make it out to be if you play it right. Also because of the way spotting works you can easily use your two ass turrets sticking out from behind cover and stay unspotted...

have no desire to use that, even when i did have a top of the line system that could run everything maxed out(which was way too long ago) i still ran minimum settings since the eye candy is just that eye candy, it actually hurts you since minimum settings remove grass and tree's in most games and in wows specifically some islands and structures didn't appear at range but you could see the ships behind them ;) (btw this was fixed a while ago but it was hilarious during the alpha and beta lol).

have no desire to use that, even when i did have a top of the line system that could run everything maxed out(which was way too long ago) i still ran minimum settings since the eye candy is just that eye candy, it actually hurts you since minimum settings remove grass and tree's in most games and in wows specifically some islands and structures didn't appear at range but you could see the ships behind them ;) (btw this was fixed a while ago but it was hilarious during the alpha and beta lol).

used to do the same when I played some MMORPG's. I hear its still an 'issue' in world of tanks. lots of non vital vegatation (and even non vegatation) gets removed at distances, allowing faster/easier spotting of enemy

You can still use it, it's just antialiasing. Gets rid of the jaggies. Should make it easier to see what ships are doing. I understand if you don't think the hassle is worth it.

Last edited:
And now it's iChase's turn :)

lol

It's almost like a bunch of shit I mentioned 6 months ago in a video is coming true, haha. Bad design decisions funnel a developer into more bad design decisions in the future. It's a predictable backlash to a predictable problem. Consumables are too fucking prevalent and the way you mitigate and inflict damage pretty much removes the reason to move anywhere. Parts of the game are doing well and I really like the Operations because they're different but jesus fucking christ outside of that they don't seem to have any interest in solving problems they themselves create.

Legitimately the problem that overrides literally everything else is that they implemented the World of Tanks armor mentality in this game. It doesn't fucking work.

lol

It's almost like a bunch of shit I mentioned 6 months ago in a video is coming true, haha. Bad design decisions funnel a developer into more bad design decisions in the future. It's a predictable backlash to a predictable problem. Consumables are too fucking prevalent and the way you mitigate and inflict damage pretty much removes the reason to move anywhere. Parts of the game are doing well and I really like the Operations because they're different but jesus fucking christ outside of that they don't seem to have any interest in solving problems they themselves create.

Legitimately the problem that overrides literally everything else is that they implemented the World of Tanks armor mentality in this game. It doesn't fucking work.

Developers can never be wrong.. if you think you are just change something else so people forget about the last mistakes you made.. it's the same reason you never see changes reverted in games since that means they have to admit they fucked up. This is the standard practice in the industry.

welp played a few games, players are still useless potatoes.. so back to playing eve and battlegrounds for me.. maybe in a few years WG'ing will actually release clan wars to give the good players a reason to come back to the game, until then it's going back on the shelf for me.

Last edited:
welp played a few games, players are still useless potatoes..
Players have always been potatos, but this past week or two have been extremely bad. I think when its regular random, you get a mix of good and bad players, but when its ranked, that gets pulled apart. The HE kurfust comes to mind. I find that if I am not personally carrying a team, its a guaranteed loss, and if we win, its me on top with atleast 1k base lead over the next player on my team.
Even games you should win, like the enemy team has 2 shima and a fletcher. Our team has 2 gearings and a udaloi. All 3 of ours enter a cap, sit in smoke, and get obliterated by a single torp wave. How that happens at high tier blows my fucking mind.
WG does a great job giving players the ability to progress up a ship line, but there seems to be zero avenue for the average player to improve in skill.

And it seems anytime there is a skill wall, WG has to throw some balance or rock/paper/scissor consumable to even things out.

I thought I would love T6 ranked, but I havent played much, only at R4 now and feeling motivated to keep going is not easy.

LOL I feel ya :)

I've learned when it's time to play, and time to quit.

On nights where I win 2 or 3 in a row, I keep playing until the first loss then I quit. MM has had enough of me :)

On nights where I lose the first 2 in a row, I quit. Try again the next day.

The key is learning when the MM is fucking with you, and when it's not. Really. I really think that's the key. And THAT ladies and gentleman is SERIOUSLY fucked up.

Yesterday for ranked I started with 2 losses( first place kept my star) then 2 wins, moved up a rank and quit ranked for the day.

Aw, man.... If ranked wasn't bad enough as it is, the awards for leveling up are TOTAL SHIT this time! I just rank 9 and what did I get? A single fucking Halloween 2016 camo, good for 3% despersion.

Really?

Last year that would have been hundreds of flags.

By now I would have piled up 100 Sierra Mike's, enough to keep my DD's Turbo's fed for a while. Haven't seen a SINGLE one yet this time.

Son of a bitch, and I had to stop :(

upload_2017-7-29_9-58-43.png

I landed 8 out of 9 torps on 3 ships in one salvo, and got two kills. The flooding took too long to get me a double strike though :(

Aw, man.... If ranked wasn't bad enough as it is, the awards for leveling up are TOTAL SHIT this time! I just rank 9 and what did I get? A single fucking Halloween 2016 camo, good for 3% despersion.

Really?

Last year that would have been hundreds of flags.

By now I would have piled up 100 Sierra Mike's, enough to keep my DD's Turbo's fed for a while. Haven't seen a SINGLE one yet this time.
Yeah the rewards this season are garbage. The only reason I kept going is to get my Flint. Now I have to wait for the season to end.

I am currently currently on the "Fuck you and the Battleship you rode in on" side of the MM's Temper right now, and man does it suck.

Here is an odd game in the montana, check out the damage received. and I was not sniping, at one point I was 11~K or so away from their shim, ognevoi and kurfurst :)

shot-17.07.22_01.01.37-0985.jpg

Damn, it ends in 3 days?

What a shit season.

Short, shit for rewards, etc....

I'm finishing up with no real gain in flags or other stuff

Grats :) we got it 1 game apart!! (but it took me 202? battles)
The problem is you didnt listen to eurobeats.

Terrible music, but literally every ranked game I put on the youtube initial D(what yuro plays in his torp dodge montages) playlist. Guaranteed win.

The problem is you didnt listen to eurobeats.

Terrible music, but literally every ranked game I put on the youtube initial D(what yuro plays in his torp dodge montages) playlist. Guaranteed win.

HA!

I can't focus on hearing torps coming when I have music on lol

this is the real problem in my opinion.

There are 2 things you can do in ranked as a BB OR DD. Play to win, or Play to get top XP (by damage). It's hard to do a combination of the 2 because if the team isn't supportive , you end up losing and not getting top XP and lose a star. It's hard to know if you have a team that can handle playing to win ;P as most people just go for max xp.

that's my theory anyway.

Last edited:
Damn, it ends in 3 days?

What a shit season.

Short, shit for rewards, etc....

I'm finishing up with no real gain in flags or other stuff

well, you do get 2500 dabloons for rank 1. and if I torture myself again NEXT season i'll get a flint :p which is my end goal for Ranked.

Giggles Episode 25 is live

Awesome video.

The Hindenburg has to be the BEST ship to get cornered in.

I agree on the captain thing, it's a bit silly, sometimes I've gotten kraken with 50k damage, and other games I have 0-1 kills with 200k damage. it's a bit silly, and like you said, the potential for future changes is scary.

Last edited:
Awesome video.

The Hindenburg has to be the BEST ship to get cornered in.

I agree on the captain thing, it's a bit silly, sometimes I've gotten kraken with 50k damage, and other games I have 0-1 kills with 200k damage. it's a bit silly, and like you said, the potential for future changes is scary.
It's turrets are a little slow. But it's armor is solid and its got so many torps with great firing angles

Did you kill all of their dds :p?

Mogami with some gunfire and then a torp for less than 10k
Tirpitz with gunfire less than 20k
Fletcher and Ognevoi at 24k
Bismarck with gunfire for a Kraken at 28896

Q5X52ZP.jpg

Oh, and I did the last two while going backwards because why not, haha

Mogami with some gunfire and then a torp for less than 10k
Tirpitz with gunfire less than 20k
Fletcher and Ognevoi at 24k
Bismarck with gunfire for a Kraken at 28896

Q5X52ZP.jpg

Oh, and I did the last two while going backwards because why not, haha

lol! I think you'll like the Z52 :p

\Well, been in the hospital, again, for the last 2 weeks.

Anything new and exciting happening?

not really, brit BB's are coming soon, testers have them in game now. The T10 appears to be a monster. sorry to hear about the hospital again.

Back