World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Flamu has a really nice T6 Ranked ship recommendation video up:

I know not every one likes his style, but I learn more from this guy than just about anyone else :)

His "Hello Hello" greeting is the proverbial fingernails on the Chalkboard for me LOL

I know not every one likes his style, but I learn more from this guy than just about anyone else :)

His "Hello Hello" greeting is the proverbial fingernails on the Chalkboard for me LOL

It's not that his style is a problem it's just that he's a fucking shitlord and believes his word is gospel.

The grind to focus on bettering my CV play is painful :p

Using the shokaku as a starting point, went up against another shokaku, with a fully built NC in his div, and their team had 2 atlantas which spread between the 3 of them resulted in me being deplaned in 8 minutes, I was also the last one alive at the 8 minute mark and almost rammed the NC :p

Last edited:
I honestly don't know if I can handle the stupidity of ranked after almost a month of grinding ranked on WoT. I may skip it this time around.

For those of you running DAC audio systems, does your system have hiss and background noise in it ONLY when WoWs is running and in 3D mode (i.e. actually in the game, not at the launch console) ?

For those of you running DAC audio systems, does your system have hiss and background noise in it ONLY when WoWs is running and in 3D mode (i.e. actually in the game, not at the launch console) ?

do you play any other games? could be just noise due to the PCIE bus being loaded

do you play any other games? could be just noise due to the PCIE bus being loaded

This and occasionally iracing. I don't recall it during iracing.

It's about as high end a system you can get right now (Z270/7700k). Not overclocked.

I wonder if Schiit's Decrapifier would help ?

This and occasionally iracing. I don't recall it during iracing.

It's about as high end a system you can get right now (Z270/7700k). Not overclocked.

I wonder if Schiit's Decrapifier would help ?

Try turn off the radio noise? It drove me nuts.

rdo.jpg

Have you tried any other USB ports? It's the volume in game and Windows up to Max?

Oh, no. nothing is up to max. I'd have to re-place the windows if I did that :)

I'll try a few other ports. Hell, maybe it's a USB3 thing. USB3 is famous for causing all kinds of interference with stuff.

I mean max out in game and Windows volume, and reduce it on the speakers
Oh, no. nothing is up to max. I'd have to re-place the windows if I did that :)

I'll try a few other ports. Hell, maybe it's a USB3 thing. USB3 is famous for causing all kinds of interference with stuff.

Ok, it's definitely coming from the outer jack ground of the USB connection. If I touch just the outer case of the connector to the metal port plate, the noise appears.

I believe this is exactly what the Decrapifier is supposed to get rid of. I'm going to test a few cables first, but I'll buy a Decrapifier if nothing else works.

BTW... I didn't have this issue with the AMD 290x card. It only started, as best I can remember, after I installed the 1080ti card. And as a reminder, it does it ONLY when the card has shifted to 3D mode. If I alt-tab to the desktop, the noise disappears.

Ok, it's definitely coming from the outer jack ground of the USB connection. If I touch just the outer case of the connector to the metal port plate, the noise appears.

I believe this is exactly what the Decrapifier is supposed to get rid of. I'm going to test a few cables first, but I'll buy a Decrapifier if nothing else works.

BTW... I didn't have this issue with the AMD 290x card. It only started, as best I can remember, after I installed the 1080ti card. And as a reminder, it does it ONLY when the card has shifted to 3D mode. If I alt-tab to the desktop, the noise disappears.

Could be mediocre grounding. Especially if it occurs when your computer is pulling more amps.

I honestly don't know what a decrapifier is.

Last edited:
Does Ranked start this week?

My starting team will be the:

Leander
De Grasse
Maybe Warspite.

Oh, and the...

upload_2017-6-26_10-0-27.jpeg
+
images

LOL. No, nothing in my Coffee. I'm just feeling goofy today :)

I just can't get a handle on the Duca, so she'll probably stay in the garage.

The Leander would be completely awesome for Ranked, but the guns are so damn short !

Last edited:
Wow. Almost a week and no posts :(

So how is ranked going? I hope to start tonight.

Did De Grasse get an Armour Nerf? Holy shit I never thought this ship was THIS squishy. Multiple times tonight I've been taken out by TWO shell hits.

Fucking flamu link. THIS WAS A SAFE SPACE.

Went 9/10 in ranked last night. Warspite and Buddy are baller

OK, got to rank 10,so i decided maybe it's time for some practice on CVs again :p This thing is NOT easy to play, the torp drop pattern really makes you hate yourself.

I literally took the win in the last 10 seconds, I killed the New Mexico, which gave us a 4 point lead with like 8 sec left.

I managed a 35k AP drop on the Bismark, not even a full 2 squads, he had already shot 3 planes out , so more like 2/3s or 3/4s
pLkRtap.jpg

Last edited:
Fucking flamu link. THIS WAS A SAFE SPACE.

Went 9/10 in ranked last night. Warspite and Buddy are baller

i always found it hilarious that last season i think it was people flamed the shit out of me for using the buddy and the shchors in ranked even though i think i only lost a star in 3 of the 15 matches i played before i finally got sick of having to hard carry teams for garbage ass rewards.

It looks like the shinonome is quickly being disowned in favour of the fubuki. I started with the shin, but realized quickly that the extra 2k on the torps made a huge diff, and extra 2k damage per torp as well. So I made the switch, unfortunately the guns are not as good (Missing a whole turret) but you get more range out of them so if you want to sit in smoke and light fires, it does work at range.

Celebrating July 4th with an overview of...the Hindenburg:

Some of my favorite moments in the game have come from playing this ship. Take the stuff you like about German battleships, soften the edges and pretend it's a cruiser. That's the Hindy.

Celebrating July 4th with an overview of...the Hindenburg:

Some of my favorite moments in the game have come from playing this ship. Take the stuff you like about German battleships, soften the edges and pretend it's a cruiser. That's the Hindy.

So I decided to try your build, the Hindi was already a beast for me, played it with a more balanced build before. But with this, I found it hard to play at first, until I got in close, the double rudder shift is awesome against DDs, didn't take a single torp.

shot-17.07.05_01.10.36-0816.jpg

So I decided to try your build, the Hindi was already a beast for me, played it with a more balanced build before. But with this, I found it hard to play at first, until I got in close, the double rudder shift is awesome against DDs, didn't take a single torp.

Ugh that sucks that it was a loss but nice round otherwise. The double rudder is awesome for getting out of a turn when battleships are firing at you from long range.

Ugh that sucks that it was a loss but nice round otherwise. The double rudder is awesome for getting out of a turn when battleships are firing at you from long range.

It was, I was literally firing on 3 bbs almost the entire second half of the match, without going dark. Nice build! Thanks

Spamming Cleveland with impunity so far. last 15 games I've lost once, and kept my star.

I think I've fallen in love again. But I keep cheating on the islands with other islands. ;)

I wish I were as good in the farragut as I used to be, I really love DD Ranked, but it just wasn't working for me.

Warspite has been excellent for me. I played cleveland and buddy the other day with great success, but the warspite can carry like a mofo. Seems like every game some farragut runs at me to try and torp me, and its like "naw bro, I can turn so tight and fucking oneshot ya". And nothing angles the Warspite, her guns give zero fucks about angles. Zero fucks.

Warspite has been excellent for me. I played cleveland and buddy the other day with great success, but the warspite can carry like a mofo. Seems like every game some farragut runs at me to try and torp me, and its like "naw bro, I can turn so tight and fucking oneshot ya". And nothing angles the Warspite, her guns give zero fucks about angles. Zero fucks.

The guns are excellent, but the armor is like paper :)

So, ranked seems to be going much better than last season.

I've been in the damned hospital (again) since last Saturday, but hope to get out of here tomorrow.

Look out ranked! A very bored TL coming your way !

Wow, is DD hunting with RDF fun as hell or what?

So far the Fubuki has been my best ship.

The Bayrn? I can't hit SHIT with thing. I took it out of Mothballs for this. It's going back.

Fusu is decent IF you have team support. Otherwise you can't tank with it.

Leander is ok. Degrasse is the best overall Cruiser IMHO, but it is a bit squishy. Budy is probably a touch better for close in yolo's.

I've never been great with the Warspite. The turrets annoy the shit out of me.

Wow, is DD hunting with RDF fun as hell or what?

So far the Fubuki has been my best ship.

The Bayrn? I can't hit SHIT with thing. I took it out of Mothballs for this. It's going back.

Fusu is decent IF you have team support. Otherwise you can't tank with it.

Leander is ok. Degrasse is the best overall Cruiser IMHO, but it is a bit squishy. Budy is probably a touch better for close in yolo's.

I've never been great with the Warspite. The turrets annoy the shit out of me.

Nice. Rpf is useful here huh ;)

Well, maybe not all the time. Last night I had an ass in a Perth who refused to go after the DD torping our BBS from our flank. Needless to say we lost

Then I had him again next round! But this time we had another cruiser who was useful in that role.

The warspites guns are magical. HITS hard consistently.

Last edited:
Back