World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

So, for something different I think I'll dip my toe into Carriers.

What line is the best to run up?

I'm really loving the new feature where the repair randomly chooses when to work and when not to. So exciting to watch it be consumed and not stop the fires or flooding, its like gambling except you never win.

my 2 cents, sure is nice to know where the enemy team is, hint hint mr. carrier

I know. Spotting is, IMHO, the most important thing a Carrier can do. But I've said it before, and I'll say it again. WoWs severely under-pays for downing aircraft. This creates a situation where doing the best thing you can for your team is also the most financially suicidal thing you can do as far as game economics go. They need to fix that shit!

I would LOVE to do nothing more in a carrier than spot and protect, but under the current system it's just not meant to be. And you'd also need to be able to fully load-out with fighters to be truly effective.

I'm really loving the new feature where the repair randomly chooses when to work and when not to. So exciting to watch it be consumed and not stop the fires or flooding, its like gambling except you never win.

I think there are detection issues too.

I've had two games where there was a BB between 6 and 7 K away and they just faded into nothingness.

No smoke, no land, no magic fucking fairy dust (well, maybe there was), no nothing. Poof, gone! WTF.

I really don't want to be "That Guy", but if the game isn't broken, then someone has figured out an.... Nope. Not gonna say it. You know what I mean :)

I've also noticed a noticeable increase in the number of cases of peek-a-boo. Peek-a-boo is whenever you zoom in on a target, it disappears. When you zoom back out it re-appears. I HATE that shit.

Fucking Jingles. I love this guys video's :)

I know. Spotting is, IMHO, the most important thing a Carrier can do. But I've said it before, and I'll say it again. WoWs severely under-pays for downing aircraft. This creates a situation where doing the best thing you can for your team is also the most financially suicidal thing you can do as far as game economics go. They need to fix that shit!

I would LOVE to do nothing more in a carrier than spot and protect, but under the current system it's just not meant to be. And you'd also need to be able to fully load-out with fighters to be truly effective.

Actually, downing aircraft now probably has the highest reward vs doing damage.

Shooting down gobs of planes is the biggest boost to xp you can get in the game, currently. It's worth more than a solo cap. I had a decent Gearing match with 2 solo caps and an assisted cap (still had the majority of points, though) with 116k damage and no planes shot down for a bit over 1800 base xp. Guy that finished ahead of me had no kills, mentioned he did hardly any damage but shot down 43 planes and took first place by 300xp.

When does ranked start?

I think the Leander and Warspite will be my two choices this time. And I can use the same captain :)

Warspite will be good until a certain point when people realize how fast it dies. The armor on it is absolute shit and is amongst the worst for any battleship in the game. The incredibly short 5 second immunity when you hit repair is simply not negated by the faster cooldown for the repair (60s) as people will just continue to fire against you after putting a fire out because the next hits can start a fire. It's a terrible ship for any type of competitive play and possibly the worst battleship for that at Tier 6 or higher.

Shooting down gobs of planes is the biggest boost to xp you can get in the game, currently. It's worth more than a solo cap. I had a decent Gearing match with 2 solo caps and an assisted cap (still had the majority of points, though) with 116k damage and no planes shot down for a bit over 1800 base xp. Guy that finished ahead of me had no kills, mentioned he did hardly any damage but shot down 43 planes and took first place by 300xp.

The thing with destroyers is you get the lowest xp multiplier for basically everything except killing planes.. so it's hard to compare it against anything else.

Warspite will be good until a certain point when people realize how fast it dies. The armor on it is absolute shit and is amongst the worst for any battleship in the game. The incredibly short 5 second immunity when you hit repair is simply not negated by the faster cooldown for the repair (60s) as people will just continue to fire against you after putting a fire out because the next hits can start a fire. It's a terrible ship for any type of competitive play and possibly the worst battleship for that at Tier 6 or higher.

So much for that idea :)

What do you think is the best ship for T6 Ranked?

Not sure if any such beast exists Larry.

EG , Shinanome has lower torp range than the Fubuki, but has faster torps.

Cleveland has great AA and decent guns, but limited range, and no torps.

Graf Spee has good guns for fighting other cruisers or bbs, with a heal and torps, but is slow and mediocre aa and is terrible for fighting DDs

Molotov has excellent guns for it's tier, but can't take a hit or defend anything with AA.

Fuso, really don't need to say anything here, other than FUSO.

Maybe the Mutsu might have some role here with its 16" guns.

NM / Arizona have great accuracy, but slow as hell and slow reload / turrets.

It will come down to your play style and strengths. What can you capitalize on etc. There is no easy answer

Last edited:
Not sure if any such beast exists Larry.

EG , Shinanome has lower torp range than the Fubuki, but has faster torps.

Cleveland has great AA and decent guns, but limited range, and no torps.

Graf Spee has good guns for fighting other cruisers or bbs, with a heal and torps, but is slow and mediocre aa and is terrible for fight

Molotov has excellent guns for it's tier, but can't take a hit or defend anything with AA.

Fuso, really don't need to say anything here, other than FUSO.

Maybe the Mutsu might have some role here with its 16" guns.

NM / Arizona have great accuracy, but slow as hell and slow reload / turrets.

It will come down to your play style and strengths. What can you capitalize on etc. There is no easy answer

Ok. What are YOU going to play :)

So, the HIV is... a ... giant target, that is slow to maneuver and cannot take a hit at all. :p time to change the build up a bit, second game was much better, played it differently.

Last edited:
first half of the battle is stay at range and spam HE..2nd half is being a little more aggressive and move in if possible and dump them with AP, especially if you used the speed to get out on the flanks.

Viper has some good evaluations in his post but Tier 6 is significantly more difficult to figure out with that question. The Ryujo is going to be a nasty surprise for a lot of people that haven't experienced it in this type of play but then again, anyone running a 14pt Bayern captain spec'd for AA is going to be equally nasty. 240 some dual purpose AA out to about 6 and half kilometers with BFT, AFT and MAA. It's an extremely potent AA platform that no one talks about nor expects.

Viper has some good evaluations in his post but Tier 6 is significantly more difficult to figure out with that question. The Ryujo is going to be a nasty surprise for a lot of people that haven't experienced it in this type of play but then again, anyone running a 14pt Bayern captain spec'd for AA is going to be equally nasty. 240 some dual purpose AA out to about 6 and half kilometers with BFT, AFT and MAA. It's an extremely potent AA platform that no one talks about nor expects.

unless the AA's drastically changed since i last played the bayern AA has never really lived up to what the paper numbers show.. against a T5 CV there's no contest but against the T6 after they did the module buff's for CV planes the TB's at max range shit all over it because it can't kill the planes before the torps drop but it'll kill them after, same with the bombers. i've always considered the bayern AA good supplemental AA to another ship but on it's own it's kinda lackluster.

but yeah T6 has always been the most balanced tier in the game, there's no one ship that stands above everything else. they all have their own advantages and they all have their own weaknesses. the only ship i'd say has the most balanced platform would probably be the buddy, decent armor, decent guns, decent AA when full AA build but it doesn't do anything exceptionally well or exceptionally bad.

unless the AA's drastically changed since i last played the bayern AA has never really lived up to what the paper numbers show.. against a T5 CV there's no contest but against the T6 after they did the module buff's for CV planes the TB's at max range shit all over it because it can't kill the planes before the torps drop but it'll kill them after, same with the bombers. i've always considered the bayern AA good supplemental AA to another ship but on it's own it's kinda lackluster.

but yeah T6 has always been the most balanced tier in the game, there's no one ship that stands above everything else. they all have their own advantages and they all have their own weaknesses. the only ship i'd say has the most balanced platform would probably be the buddy, decent armor, decent guns, decent AA when full AA build but it doesn't do anything exceptionally well or exceptionally bad.

I dunno, I've had success running full AA now on the Bayern. Against same tier or lower it does very well but with faster planes at higher tier they aren't in that 6.5km bubble nearly long enough but regardless it has a massive advantage over any other BB at the tier when it comes to AA proficiency.

The Buddy has great guns, especially coming from playing the Cleveland, haha.

edit, just had this one, haha
VufAc9N.jpg

emjTq3P.jpg

Last edited:
first half of the battle is stay at range and spam HE..2nd half is being a little more aggressive and move in if possible and dump them with AP, especially if you used the speed to get out on the flanks.
Im running double rudder shift, but I lack the rare speed boost.
I may spec out of IFHE as the reduction in fires isnt worth the pen on the kurfust.

Its a struggle, more than the T9. The HE itself is shit. All the other T10 cruisers can drop 5-8k HE salvos with ease, but this boat is dropping 1400-2500 HE salvos...And the AP is average at best. Feels like the lowest DPM by far, though I havent checked actual numbers. No real utility, no real carry ability. Im doing ok in it, but my highest dmg so far is only 208k, and thats poor for a T10. Its a ship that is going to need more time to get used to.

I dunno, I've had success running full AA now on the Bayern. Against same tier or lower it does very well but with faster planes at higher tier they aren't in that 6.5km bubble nearly long enough but regardless it has a massive advantage over any other BB at the tier when it comes to AA proficiency.

The Buddy has great guns, especially coming from playing the Cleveland, haha.

edit, just had this one, haha
VufAc9N.jpg

emjTq3P.jpg

Excuseme, TEN kills ?

Note: the space bar on my Acer Tablet on screen keyboard is sticking. How can I fix that ?

I think I'll start with the Budy and go from there. I just re-purchased it.

I think I'll start with the Budy and go from there. I just re-purchased it.

And yes, 10 kills for the Aegis PvE mission. If that were PvP it'd be an all-time legendary match, haha

edit:
smanmZ7.jpg

This ship was made for this operation

Last edited:
Talk about carrying the team and still losing :(

upload_2017-6-16_21-26-36.png

upload_2017-6-16_21-26-52.png

I'm kinda digging the DeGrasse.

I love the guns, though AP seams very anemic. I have the fuse delay and fire captains skills enabled, and by golly she sets the fucking world on fire !!!

The turrets are faster than most cruisers, and she shoots pretty damn flat. No popcorning of the rounds after they leave the barrel (like the Duca does).

It has a very nice option set as well. Sped Boost and Sonar.

Down Side - She seems a little squishy to me. I got the hell Citadeled out of me and I was at an extreme angle to the bad guy.

But I like it!

And it's not overpriced like some premium ships are.

I'm kinda digging the DeGrasse.

I love the guns, though AP seams very anemic. I have the fuse delay and fire captains skills enabled, and by golly she sets the fucking world on fire !!!

The turrets are faster than most cruisers, and she shoots pretty damn flat. No popcorning of the rounds after they leave the barrel (like the Duca does).

It has a very nice option set as well. Sped Boost and Sonar.

Down Side - She seems a little squishy to me. I got the hell Citadeled out of me and I was at an extreme angle to the bad guy.

But I like it!

And it's not overpriced like some premium ships are.

from the looks of it, it's an AA Cruiser, which came right after the T6 "la glassonaire" in the french line. Though the real ship only had 127mm guns

not me, hell I dont play any games at the moment.. life sucks.

but Jingles does have a couple vid's up. he just started playing it

Back