World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Are you using some kinda 1/2 speed torps? To me if someone can get between your torps and the target you aren't in the front line and it's a risky shot in the first place.

But then again my win rate shows I don't take those chances I suppose...

Are you using some kinda 1/2 speed torps? To me if someone can get between your torps and the target you aren't in the front line and it's a risky shot in the first place.

But then again my win rate shows I don't take those chances I suppose...

Well, alrighty then :)

Most people don't read the chat, or at least not in time to spot the torps message. I'll ping the map if I see my torps coming in the area of another ship that I didn't anticipate, but on the rare occasions those hit friendlies, it's still my fault. I'd say about 90% of friendly fire torps are the fault of the DD though. I kind of look at it like gun range safety, you have to have a clear cone for your firing arc.

Most people don't read the chat, or at least not in time to spot the torps message. I'll ping the map if I see my torps coming in the area of another ship that I didn't anticipate, but on the rare occasions those hit friendlies, it's still my fault. I'd say about 90% of friendly fire torps are the fault of the DD though. I kind of look at it like gun range safety, you have to have a clear cone for your firing arc.

You mean 90% are the fault of the atago :)

it depends, i'd say the vast majority of times i've been hit by friendly torps it was because i was in the middle of a brawl with another DD and since the friendly torp alarm and enemy torp alarm are exactly the same i'm sure as hell not going to look behind me when the torp alarm goes off when i'm fighting some one else.

it depends, i'd say the vast majority of times i've been hit by friendly torps it was because i was in the middle of a brawl with another DD and since the friendly torp alarm and enemy torp alarm are exactly the same i'm sure as hell not going to look behind me when the torp alarm goes off when i'm fighting some one else.

That's a good point. Different alarms could be useful.

Anyone know what changed in the update? Not the beta update, but the release update? My aslains was offline, so that means they updated something...

This is what happens when a Sims (Rikus) divs with me in an Atlanta. ;)

atl thnigs.png

Also,

Untitled.png

The Duca.... I was really looking forward to this little Hot Rod and now that I have it... it's not so compelling. It feels like it has been neutered between all those fun ass pre-release video's I saw and it's ultimate release.

Weren't they going a lot faster than 36 knots in pre-production video's? Yes, yes I know. Those weren't based on the 'release' ship but they were right up to the point of release.

I though it was going to be a slightly more nimble Zao-ish cruiser, but it's not even close. I disappointed.

nah, it's still pretty quick, but it's some of the frenchies that are really fast for cruisers. I think the T5 french just got buffed to ~39 knots, and the T8 and up, with the speed flag and boost can reach over 40. I'm still on the 8, but I think the T9 or t10 can reach like 42 or something.

When did the game lower the amount of Xp you get per battle? I came back after months off and I get like 300-400XP on a good battle (without the +XP bonus pay to upgrade). Is this normal and wouldn't this mean grinding for new ships is way worse now?

If your base XP in the teamscore tab is 300-400 you're not contributing via damage, spotting damage, caps or plane kills. Nothing has changed for the worse in regards to XP

If your base XP in the teamscore tab is 300-400 you're not contributing via damage, spotting damage, caps or plane kills. Nothing has changed for the worse in regards to XP
I understand this, but I should have added that in general.. like I'm first on the team, maybe 2nd highest score in the entire match and nobody is doing more than 300-400. It seems like XP gain has been neutered, dramatically. Maybe however, its because I was always subbed and coming back unsubbed is my issue but it seems really slow. Also, I'm doing more damage than other and getting 3-4 kills. Generally killing it, running the match in many cases and I'm rewarded with like 380XP. like wth happened to this game

So by and large, no drop in XP for you guys in the past few months?

edit. I just read that Wargaming tanked XP gains back in September, so they were gutted. Specifically, BB's still can carry and get good XP but I main DD's and this is explaining why even when I carry a game with 4+ kills, good damage I'm netting 400XP total.

Last edited:
When did the game lower the amount of Xp you get per battle? I came back after months off and I get like 300-400XP on a good battle (without the +XP bonus pay to upgrade). Is this normal and wouldn't this mean grinding for new ships is way worse now?

Are you by chance in co-op instead of random battle ?

I understand this, but I should have added that in general.. like I'm first on the team, maybe 2nd highest score in the entire match and nobody is doing more than 300-400. It seems like XP gain has been neutered, dramatically. Maybe however, its because I was always subbed and coming back unsubbed is my issue but it seems really slow. Also, I'm doing more damage than other and getting 3-4 kills. Generally killing it, running the match in many cases and I'm rewarded with like 380XP. like wth happened to this game

So by and large, no drop in XP for you guys in the past few months?

edit. I just read that Wargaming tanked XP gains back in September, so they were gutted. Specifically, BB's still can carry and get good XP but I main DD's and this is explaining why even when I carry a game with 4+ kills, good damage I'm netting 400XP total.

You gotta be in co-op

hmmmmm maybe my client when I reinstall put me into Co Op. I will check this when I get home, and this might explain things. Now I feel reaaaal dumb haha.

Well, whatta ya know. Even _I_ can get something right when it comes to WoWs. It's a fucking miracle LOL

Now, back to being WoWs Stoopid.

hmmmmm maybe my client when I reinstall put me into Co Op. I will check this when I get home, and this might explain things. Now I feel reaaaal dumb haha.

lol the : before and after the player names wasn't obvious enough? ;) jk i did the same thing when i re-installed the game a while back, completely forgot it defaulted to co-op on first load and wasted a shit ton of flags and premium consumables for no reason.

Anyone get supercontainers any more? I got one back in december when they put it in with 250 useless flooding flags, haven't seen one since.

Yeah, I keep getting modules :X though i now mostly get the flag one hoping to get det flags

I've seen literally one SC since they came out with the stupid feature. I'm getting bamboozled. Did have a good game in the Yamato tonight, decided to do a little PVP and managed a 262k 4 kill carry in the big girl. Its fun playing a 70,000 ton destroyer while your Gearing hides behind the spawn.

Yeah, I keep getting modules :X though i now mostly get the flag one hoping to get det flags

Supers are the only one I ever select, and I haven't seen one in at least 3 months though.

I will say, secret santa was very good to me though. I got a million shit-ton of free premium ships, and most of them are pretty damn good and not cheap to buy!

What's the secret to getting speed flags? I really need thoughs. Short of getting them during ranked, I've never really noticed how they are earned. A few just trickle in every now and then.

Ok, I feel stoopid that I can't figure this out.

I'm always being invited to join a division in game, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to ACCEPT!

I can figure out how to INVITE someone, but not how to ACCEPT someone elses invitation. I'm sure it's right there in front of me but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. I've asked in game a few times and I basically get "tab, then click on it.". click on what? I right click on the inviter and I see no option to accept. FUCK!

Anyone get supercontainers any more? I got one back in december when they put it in with 250 useless flooding flags, haven't seen one since.

up until i stopped playing that last 2 weeks i think i got 2 of them which was i think February or something but they weren't actually super containers only got 50 zulu flags and 50 fire flags(i have 1400 of those anyways).. this was before the modules and crap were added. before that i hadn't seen a single super container since the first week they were introduced.

Ok, I feel stoopid that I can't figure this out.

I'm always being invited to join a division in game, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to ACCEPT!

I can figure out how to INVITE someone, but not how to ACCEPT someone elses invitation. I'm sure it's right there in front of me but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. I've asked in game a few times and I basically get "tab, then click on it.". click on what? I right click on the inviter and I see no option to accept. FUCK!

If it works the same as WoT you click the platoon mark that pops up next to your name.

Haha. Kraken + 1. I fucking LOVE this little ship :)

upload_2017-5-14_14-6-42.png

Back